“Fantastic Honeymoon - Some Things Need Work” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up To $355 Air Credit!
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in St. John's
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic Honeymoon - Some Things Need Work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I’ll start this off by saying this was our first Sandals experience and our second all-inclusive. We had a 10-day stay in a Honeymoon Concierge level room in the Caribbean Village.

Because of the Sandals name we went into this experience expecting top notch service and facilities, we left a little disappointed and found that overall there was a major lack of consistency with the service level. Considering what we paid for this vacation, we were left feeling somewhat overlooked and let down. This is a long but thorough and honest review.

Check In/First Impression
As soon as we arrived we were taken to the concierge suite to be checked in, very nice. We were not offered any champagne, as other couples arrived they were all offered champagne or another drink. We were instantly approached by the Red Lane Spa ladies, we hadn’t even been there for 10 minutes! However we did in fact want to book a couples massage, it was just overwhelming. After filling out some paper work we asked if the requests we put in the week before (twice) for dinner reservations and honeymoon check in had been received, they had neither. They told us there were no reservations at Eleanor’s that evening. We were told to go to the sales office in the Med building for the honeymoon check in (just to get breakfast in bed) We were then taken to our room, which at first glance was disappointing. Yes, we knew the Caribbean Village was older but BOY did it look different in person. When I walked over to the full bar I noticed that there were half drunk bottles of vodka and missing glasses, the person who checked us in apologized and said that they must have forgotten to re-stock it. They promptly fixed this, however it was gross to think what else they “forgot” to clean/change. We went down to the Concierge Suite and expressed some concerns about our room, the bar etc. and we were told unless we wanted to move to the Mediterranean Village there was nothing they could do. Not so great customer service. When we got back to our room they called and said we had a reservation that evening at Eleanor’s…it wasn’t full anymore…?? Definitely did not get off on the right foot. However, their saving grace and I’m kicking myself for not remembering his name was the man who re-stocked our bar, he asked if we like poetry and read us 4 personal poems he had written, that man has talent and it was very calming!

The food here was outstanding! Lobster at Eleanor’s was delicious and so was the pumpkin soup! The steak at Bayside was delicious. We did not like Mario’s for dinner, except their lava cakes—heaven on a plate. The beach party on Monday night was so tasty! The kabobs and chicken tacos were great. Kimono’s was SO much fun, if you get a chance request your meal with Teddy…he really blew us out of the water! We ate breakfast at Mario’s almost every day, it’s the best. Eleanor’s was dead slow for breakfast and Bayside is all outside and the birds were sitting all on the fresh fruit and bread, same goes for lunch there. We ate lunch at either the pizza place (YUMMM) or Barefoot..the chimichurri beef wrap with steak fries is soo good! We also loved the Grab n Go, Monday they have chili that is so amazing, they have nachos everyday and the jerk chicken quesadillas always hit the spot! The biggest let down was the honeymoon breakfast in bed, it was so bad. We barely ate it. When we went to fill out the form the woman just asked for our room number, handed us the form and then ignored us. We found out later that you could add hot items (eggs, french toast, etc) to the form, so we went back. We wished we could have skipped it; we also asked for a bottle of champagne and did not receive it.

Grounds and Staff
Gorgeous!! The water is so clear and the sand is so soft and white, truly felt like I was in a dream! I loved all of the lush gardens and flowers in the Caribbean Village, hearing all of the wildlife at night was spectacular! The Med pool is huge and a great time, hardly any wait at the swim up bar. You can always find chairs, they just may not have an umbrella. Yes people reserve chairs very early and most of the day they go un-used, just a fact and you have to deal with it. People also hoard the floaters, like roll them up and stuff them under their pool chairs. We asked several people doing this if we could use theirs, they were not happy to give them up but hey, if you’re not using them then don’t keep it to yourself all day! The resort is on the larger side but we didn't mind the walking, especially after a few lava cakes! We hung out on the beach a few days, we really weren't bothered by vendors, we sat closer to the fence so perhaps that’s why. We only got maybe 1-2 bug bites, not sure why that is either. The resort cats are so friendly and well behaved…so cute! The staff here are all so nice (with maybe 2 exceptions) everyone was happy to talk to you and give you a smile. As I mentioned, TEDDY from Kimono’s…fantastic man! The (sorry I’m horrible with names!) man from the Island Routes desk was so sweet, he remembered us on the second day! Same goes for the girl at the Entertainment Desk, we talked for a few minutes and the next day she came up to us and asked how are night had been, so sweet.

Entertainment
The Med pool is the place to be during the day. There was usually a fun group activity, a big shout out to the Playmakers for making our time so fun! Go Team Crush It!! We really enjoyed the nightly shows, the singers were great and Mr. Moves is awesome!! We played in the Newlywed Game and had a blast on white night, definitely don’t miss the chocolate buffet! We also did paddle boarding and rented jet skis ($50 for 35 minutes). I loved that there was no wait to use these items, you just walked up, signed your name and off you went! The Entertainment Room (next to Eleanor’s) also has board games and books if you’re interested. Because we were there for Halloween they had a costume party at the Drunken Duck and we had so much fun! I also sang 6 songs on Karaoke night there..great times! As for Wi-Fi we paid $11 for 30 minutes, then were given a free 30 minutes by the staff just because..very nice!

Excursions
We did the catamaran tour and the trip to Shirley Heights on Sunday for the party. Shirley Heights offered beautiful, stunning views, even though it was overcast! The steel drum band was fantastic, the food was delicious (a bit pricey $15 a plate on average) but the drinks were reasonable $4 mixed drink $4 for beer…if you get the chance make this trip!! They closed the Med pool (yes ALL day…see below) they offered a free catamaran ride around the island, we obviously went on it. However it wasn't just for Sandals guests and the people from the other resorts were really rude. We were crammed trying to sit down and this family of 6 was laid out like a bunch of starfish in the seating areas. They never moved and everyone else was pretty much on someone else’s lap. That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend this tour (just do the Sandals Exclusive) it was the best way to see the island and the private island they took us to to snorkel was so pretty! They gave us a yummy lunch and rum punches all day!

Red Lane Spa
We did the couples massage, it was great but overpriced. We got a second massage by Dr. Sunshine and his wife, walk out of the resort and go right. They use freshly shaved coconut, squeeze out the milk and massage that into your skin. $40 for a full body massage, not to mention Dr. Sunshine is great!

Don’t get me wrong we had the most incredible 10-days of our lives, there were just some things that kept popping up like little buzz kills throughout the week. There is room for improvement.

Things that weren't great (and a common thread between other couples)
1. Every time we called for reservations at Eleanor’s we were given a really hard time, yet when we ate there the place was barely half full.
2. I mentioned above about the bar not being stocked in our room when we arrived, yea well 6 days into our trip my husband pulled a half drank juice bottle from the fridge…that wasn't ours.
3. We never received any sort of acknowledgement that we were on our honeymoon. I was looking forward to the towel animals, we never got any until my husband asked the maid on a little note for one. We got 1 that night and that was it.
4. Some days we got beach towels and other days we didn't.
5. It took 4 phone calls to get more waters for our room.
6. We had quite a bit of rain (serious downpours) during our stay and they didn't provide any sort of activities during those days, we had to go ask the staff for a foam football and a portable music player, we were pretty much left to fend for ourselves. I guess they expected us to lie in bed all day and watch tv?
7. Sometimes we got the day’s newsletter slipped under our door and other days we didn't.
8. The beds are not comfortable, I slept better on the pool chairs.
9. "Romance" costs extra ie private dinner on the beach, rose petals in your tub
10. The resort to the right of Sandals (if you're looking at the beach) was at capacity and half of their guests came onto the Sandals property, used beach chairs and pretty much took over the beach...there were a lot of young (crying) children, we weren't able to enjoy the beach in this section.

And last but not least, the photo shoot crew. We had to put up with them all week and it was quite annoying. Every day something new was blocked off or closed. And the staff was RUDE they made rude comments to guests if they walked too close or crossed their caution tape. I went into the bathroom by the Drunken Duck while they were shooting and a staff member yelled at me telling me there were bathrooms outside closer to the pool, I told her I wasn't at the pool and I was a paying guest so I can use whatever bathroom I want. Mind you there were no signs posted outside that I could not enter. Not to mention they closed the Med pool all day due to the shoot.

Fantastic week with several snafus, at this point I’m not sure if we would stay at another Sandals again. We feel that we can get the same experience (if not better) at another resort for much less money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing some of the lovely photos of your stay at Sandals Grande Antigua.
We were pleased that you had a fantastic honeymoon and enjoyed the beautiful island surroundings. However, we noted that there were some aspects of your stay that you were not completely satisfied with and for this, we apologize.
We have received many reviews from guests that have given us high praises concerning our luxurious accommodations and amenities. but we realize there is always room for improvement. We thank you for your feedback as it is a tool to identify areas that we can work on to make sure all of our guests have the vacation of their dreams. I will be sending your comments to the relevant departments for further review on how some of our processes and services can be fine-tuned.
I hope this message finds you well and we hope to welcome you back on a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
Farmington, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We did have an amazing time here. We went for our honeymoon. I put the blame on what we were disappointed in on our travel agent actually. See below for a full description on our experience.
Arrival: We had expected a long check in process,as we were for warned by the travel agent that it would be since the resort is almost always filled. It actually wasn't too bad, definitely not as long as we expected. The transportation was provided as we were told it would be. However, the "taxi" that was provided was very questionable in safety. We were afraid that it was going to break down at any minute. The driver, very nice and very funny. No real complaints about arrival besides the questionable safety of the taxi its self.
Our room:
When we arrived we were told that our room had to be changed. We were not given a reason and we still dont know if the room we got, compared to the room we paid for are comparable to each other but I hope so. The room we ended up with with nice and had a great ocean view so we did not complain or ask about the room situation. The gentleman who showed us to our room was very nice. Our room was clean and the bed was nicely made with fresh sheets. The only complaint we have regarding the room was that the bath tub ( a jacuzzi style) was dirty and did not seemed clean. When we sat in it and turned the water on, a bunch of black stuff would sink to the bottom and float on top. Other than that, it was cleaned daily and refreshed with sheets, towels etc. We had a very very comfy chair in our room that seated 2 and we napped on a few times.
Food:
Food was great. Not a lot of selection for breakfast, its basically the same buffet in two restaurants every day unless you want room service, which was not very good at all. BUT the buffet was very good. Our favorite of all the restaurants was actually the pizza place. The four cheese pizza was nothing short of amazing. We paid for a dinner on the beach, which was perfect. Our second favorite was the OK Corral and Kimonos. The chef we had at Kimonos was so funny and interactive. Food was so very good. I read before we went that Eleanors had the most amazing lobster tail, bit we were not a fan. No real complaints on the food, it was really all very good and something for everyone.
Alcohol:
We did have a bar in our room. A few comomon liquors, beer and champaign. But we never made more than one or two mimosas in our room. We typically used the other bars for our drinks. The drinks, amazing. Bars did run out of some things but never was really a problem. We found that every bar tender had a favorite and we typically asked for that. The only complaint about alcohol is that the only 2 wines included for free were Beringer Merlot and Pinot Grigio. Neither are sweet wines and any other wine is $15 per glass or $30 and up for a bottle.
Activities:
We were happy to see that every night there was something planned, but also that you could still find quiet spots to sit and enjoy your spouse. We did attend the managers cocktail hour, the White Party, the talent showcase, and plenty of live music acts. My favorite, the chocolate fondu and martini party.
We were told that we "wont have to bring a dollar" by our travel agent. That was correct ONLY if you plan on strictly eating, drinking and spending time in the pool or at the beach. We paid in advance to do the shopping experience which was fun yet scary, they drop you off and leave you for 2.5 hours in a not so safe area it seemed. But we also did things like the scuba diving course and experience. We paid $90 each for the course and an actually ocean dive. We would have thought that the wet suits would be included in that fee, they were not. We paid $10 extra each for our wet suits. Same with snorkeling. They advertise it as free, which it is but you cant do it unless you pay the $20 course fee that they recommend you take. Same with tipping, there is a no tipping policy. But all the taxis expect tips. We did a photo shoot "for free" but if you want their pictures, plan on spending atleast $200. They have packages or you can purchase idividuals for $14 each.To me, it was a straight rip off but my husband wanted those pictures. You will find people wanting to take your picture through out the trip. If you let them, you will be bale to purchase those as well. Everything in the shop is extremely expensive. So I would bring anything you would possibly need instead of planning on purchasing there.
We did the sunset cruise which was incredible and well worth the money. We did the couples massage and the 30 minute foot rub. Both were amazing.
Over all we met some really great people, had a ton of fun and relaxation. If I could give any tips I would say, bring a good amount of money, don't eat outside of the resort and talk with people. I dont know that we would go again, but definitely try another sandals resort somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Sandals Grande Antigua, Tonya.
We are pleased that you had a great time at our resort and enjoying the fabulous amenities.
As hoteliers, we realize there is always room for improvement and we appreciate all of your feedback. I will be forwarding your concerns on to our management team for further review.
On a future stay with us, please do not hesitate to notify our staff on property of anything that does not meet your standards. The are always willing to work with you to make sure you have the best experience possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our other beautiful properties in the future!
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We did a lot of research before our trip, looked at many reviews of many resorts, checked prices and talked with our travel agent. All signs pointed to SGA as the destination to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Funny that the very beginning of this trip set the tone for the whole week. The flight from New York's JFK actually left the ground 5 minutes early and landed in Antigua 10 minutes early. Less than 1 hour from touchdown we were sitting in the Caribbean lobby sipping champagne. Nice.

It was raining on arrival, and the next day there were a few short showers, but every day the weather was better than the next. There were some beautiful rain storms out at sea which were great to look at from the sunny beach. One had an impressive water spout.
We stayed in the 700 block of rooms with butler service. When we first started looking for reservations we were trying to keep the budget tight, but the more we thought about it, butler service seemed to make the most sense. And it was the perfect choice for us. In fact we decided that the room we were given was the perfect room: Close to the beach, but not on the main beach-front path. I'd tell you the room number, but I want to make sure it's available when we go back....and we will be back!

I would not consider us the type of people that need a butler. We're pretty independent and will always make do with what we have. Our main butlers, Vanessa and Julian, and the sub for their day off, Tricia, were so friendly and so helpful it just blew us away. And they kept suggesting ways to use their service. It didn't take us long to get used to picking up the cell phone and asking for more beer or water for the beach cooler, a takeout lunch from the pizza place or the Grab & Go delivered to our chairs, or get a snorkeling or excursion reservation.
They also made the dinner reservations. After all the reading about the various restaurants we weren't sure when to go to which one. When we arrived Julian had the entire weeks dinner schedule set up for us. Perfect!

Another guest asked if I would do the butler service again. My answer was absolutely! We are hooked! But we did get the idea that SGA will work with or without the service.

The nice thing about SGA is you can make it what you want. Our basic plan was to spend each day at the beach (we are beach people). We love playing in the water, snorkeling and sailing. Love the buoyancy on the water...so easy to lay back and just float around. Other than the days we arrived and left, lunch on the beach at our butler reserved chairs under the umbrella was the norm. Later in the afternoon we'd head to either of the pools/swim up bars. Latoya and Manon were fun and prompt with the drinks. As the sun went down we'd slip into the hot tub.

We know that many people prefer the pool. The Grove pool was smaller and quiet. The Mediterranean pool was huge with lots of entertainment during the day. The playmakers do a nice job. Whatever your idea of fun, it's there.

The only restaurant that required long pants and shoes for the men was Eleanor's. I think it was our favorite place. We even stopped by for a take-out Creme Brulee! Our favorite desert, though the Lava Cake at Mario's and the Chocolate Mousse from Bayside give it a run for its money. Most nights we had dinner at 6:30. No line, quick service. Our least favorite was Kimono's. The food was good and the company fun, but they ran out of Saki. Not a big deal, but kind of like running out of Vodka in Russia. All in all we were very pleased with all the food choices. Gourmets and foodies may be more critical, but it worked for us.

My wife went to the Red Lane Spa for a Swedish massage and was very happy with the service. I have read reviews that said they felt like they were being hard sold all week long. Quite the opposite experience for us. She booked this through the butler as well.

I did two 2 tank dives. There had been a lot of rain the week before so visibilities were variable. I'd say we had an average of 40' on each dive. Though I didn't go on the one tank dive, I'd heard that visibility varied from 20' to 3'. I had lots of fun on my dives. The crew was great and very professional: Ray, James, and the worst captain ever (just kidding! :). Saw a variety of sea life with the topper a beautiful Spotted Ray and a Sea Turtle that lazily circled our group in about 60' of water.

Antigua is not noted to be a dive mecca and if you have lots of dives in exotic locations you may be a bit disappointed, But I loved is as I don't get to dive very often. I did make a point of diving at home just before the trip so I wouldn't have to do a refresher on vacation. I'll also bring my own fins next time as I'm not a fan of the slip on fins. I wore a dive skin and a thin wet suit for each dive and was very comfortable. The dive shop rents wet suits for $10 if you need one, but I brought my own. The BC's and regulators were fine. Daily two tank dives are at 8AM, so there is just enough time to grab a great breakfast at Bayside or Mario's (they open at 7:30) or something quick at the Cafe de Paris. We don't drink coffee, but the Cafe was a big hit with a lot of people.

The snorkeling was good. 3 trips per day. The farthest about a 20 minute boat ride. Captain Sherman and mate Josie were great. Again, visibility varied, but they seemed to find good spots with around 30' of visibility. The 2:30 trip seems to be the most busy, so sign up early in the day or the day before. The other two trips you can probably show and go.
The bands in the evening were good. I'm a musician so I can be a bit critical, but for the most part they did a great job. I got up on stage with one band on talent night. Definite pros, and I was thankful that the bassist lent he his bass for a song. Love playing and singing the Bill Wither's song, Use Me. Wish I had the chance to do a few more with them. I also enjoyed getting up a few times for Karaoke night (it's Thursday and Sunday). A fun bunch, some real talent, some not so much, but all having a great time.

Every evening the next day's schedule is delivered to your door. A great aid to plan out your day and night.

We took the Extreme Circumnavigation tour on Thursday and had a great time. The crew was fun and knowledgeable. I think there was Trevor and Sean, maybe Gervase? Not really sure. The other passengers were fun too. This trip makes many more stops than the big cat cruises due to the fact that this boat flies from stop to stop. Fun at Stingray City and Nelson's Dockyard, lunch on Green Island, various stops for local points of interest and island history, and the last stop for Rum Punch on deserted Paradise Beach. Next time we will do the ECO Tour run by the same company. We booked through Sandals.

Local vendors on the beach. No problems for us. A polite no thank you and they move along. Some were pretty funny. We did buy some necklaces and a shirt on the last day. You may see a few vendors selling hats that they weave out of palm leaves. Love these hats. When they dry out they turn brown which probably takes a few weeks. I found out the hard way that U.S. customs won't let them back into the country if they are green so I had to give it up in NYC. The beach vendor told me it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm sure he had no idea.

Animals: Cats are around. We love cats. We brought cat treats that most of them loved. The black cat decided that we should get up a 7:30 each morning and give him more. He did this by meowing under the door. We decided to give them treats, but not near our room. One couple had the black cat sleep in their bed one night. Probably not the best idea, but I understand. Most of the cats are friendly if you want them to be. If you don't like cats, then ignore them and they will ignore you.

Birds: Yep, there's birds. If you leave your table cover your plate or they will help themselves. Other than that they're harmless.

Lizards: Yep, them too. Good luck if you want to catch one. They are pretty fast, but harmless.

The only time we noticed any biting bugs was at the Butler's Cocktail party in front of the big building on the Med side. They did fog 3 or 4 times, so I guess it worked everywhere else. Not an issue for us, even on the beach or at the pools.

I wish we had more time to visit more of the island and learn more about the culture. Next time! We met a lot of great people from all over the world. All were happy and all were smiling.

We enjoyed the entire staff of Sandals. All do a great job taking care of you. Most vacations seem to go by so fast, but we felt so comfortable at SGA that it felt like we had been there forever...in a good way. Definitely feeling withdrawal today. Sandals, we are yours. Signed up for SSG at the resort, and now I'll register online. Can't wait for the next trip. The only question is which Sandals location will it be. It'll be hard to beat Sandals Grande Antigua!

Room Tip: I liked having a room that is centrally located. Right between the beach and the pools. Easy walk to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed from 9th to 19th October 2013 and had a lovely time. This was our first Sandals experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it. All of the staff here are first class, they are all so friendly and they just want you to enjoy yourself. They always have a smile for you and say hello. Our room was very clean and comfortable, the only thing that was wrong was that the fridge was quite noisy, so I had to switch it off at night. We went on the Barbuda Boat Trip which was very pricey and we don't think it was worth it. We also did the Sandals only Circumnavigation Catamaran Trip which was superb and we'd thoroughly recommend it. The beach vendors added character to the place and were not a problem. Please try and support them, they are lovely people, especially a lady called Evelyn. She has one front tooth, wears a head scarf and carries a white plastic bucket. She made a necklace for my boyfriend exactly what he asked for. If you speak to her please say hello from Ruth & Simon. We may return but want to try other Sandals Resorts

Room Tip: High Floor Meditterean Rooms probably best we were in 7207 (second floor) but limited ocean view. We...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had a blast here. The resort is amazing the food was amazing. I have a seafood allergy and they went above and beyond to make sure I was safe at all times. They even had the executive chef meet with me my first day and he prepared all my food personally while I was there. He went as far to order new pots and pans.
The atmosphere was great and very relaxing. The casino that was attached to the property was a blast. I would defiantly come back time and time again. Great place to relax.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review, Crystal.The staff members are wonderful and will certainly do all they can to make sure you have a fantastic time when you stay with us! It is lovely that you enjoyed all the meals and that they took great care of you!
We hope to welcome you back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Can i just firstly say to those who are reading these reviews to bare in mind that some people nit pick. This resort is amazing. It was our first time to antigua sandals but we have done sandals once before and we will always do sandals from here on.
I'm going to TRY and make this fast so here are the reasons why its so good.
1. Its immaculate. Your rooms are and the resort itself is. People are working around the clock to keep it this way. Even the public toilets are spotless.
2. Food is lush. Eleanor's being my favourite (the lobster is to die for) but you do have to make a reservation.
3. The staff are as nice as can be. Every time u pass a member of staff they will stop what they are doing and say hello. We certainly don't get that in our country.
4. The main pool is huge! Yes if u want shade you may have to get there really early and reserve a sun bed but if you don't there are plenty available.
5. We stayed in the med block- the rooms are perfect..the bathroom is huge and you have everything you need.
6. The little cafe..was one of the best extras we loved at this resort..the staff are the friendliest people and they make the best crepes. (Try the lemon grass ice tea).
7. And last but not least the entertainment (playmakers) they made our vacation. We miss them loads.. Antonio..mani..shaunte..mojo.. And two other lovely ladies whos name i cant quite remember..(one who can dance and one who can sing!) they are the heart of the resort. Within a day they all knew our names and we spent most of our nights with them! They work so hard!!
We had a couple of things that i could moan about on here but they were very small things..and no place is perfect!! So like i said when you read a bad review just bare in mind that people analyse every single little thing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Sandals Grande Antigua! We are so pleased to hear of all the wonderful memories you made on your holiday. The staff will appreciate all your kind remarks and knowing that they played a large role in the reason you will return to Sandals!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Sandals Grande Antigua was an absolute pleasure to stay at. The resort is beautiful and well-kept and the room we stayed at (Romeo & Juliet room) was truly grand. The restaurants had fantastic food and our butlers provided us everything we needed. The pools were very nice but we did have to take advantage of our butler to find some shade. If we decided to go grab a shaded seat by the pool on a whim, it wasn't always possible. My one complaint was about the beach. The sand there wasn't the best, and it was filled with vendors and didn't provide the quiet romantic setting I was hoping for. The vendors aren't too bad, a smile and a no was enough to send them away, but I could do without the hassle. Overall it was a very good time and I wouldn't hesitate to come back here.

Room Tip: The nice rooms are on the Mediterranean Village side, get a room as high as possible to get a nice v...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Sandals Grande Antigua! It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and enjoyed all that the resort offers. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to provide guests with the perfect vacation experience.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!