We took this trip a while back in January of 2012 and I don't know why I have waited so long to review. We essentially went for a relaxing week and to play a little tennis and eat well and got all three wishes. The rooms was exactly what our agent had requested, we went for the older and more quiet side of the resort and found ourselves about 100 yards from the water with a super view. Although the resort is large its not so large that's it is cumbersome to get around. Everything is within a short walk and convenient. We found the food to be good, not great, but most meals of good quality and with variety. You have lots of choices and this makes it easy to break things up. They have wonderful drinks...you must try the chocolate monkey. We literally gained 5 pounds from yummy chocolate monkeys but it was totally worth it!!
Lots of watersports, nightly entertainment or quiet niches if you like. We would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish