Having spent very enjoyable 10 days at Grand Pineapple Antigua with very friendly staff we moved to the Sandals Grand for our last week which we remember as being upmarket. When we arrived by taxi at reception we waited there with a lot of discussion going on behind reception eventually one of staff said we had come to the wrong reception and he would take us to the Caribbean reception, he was friendly and give us a lot of history about the hotel. We got our room which was a Garden Bungalow to say it was dark is an understatement we had to put all the lights on in the room at any time of the day. We had a lovely looking four post bed only trouble was there was a wooden plank long each side of the bed which you banged your leg on getting in or out of bed.
Because of my wife having a dietary problem we asked to speak to a chef. Antony the Chef said he would organise where we would eat and inform the chefs of the restaurants about my wives problem, which he did and we would like to thank him for that. We would have felt like second class citizens because we did not a butler to reserve our sunbeds and book our restaurants for us. We all paid good money to stay why should there be any difference. All the restaurant food was excellent and well presented. I am surprised they do not seat you as they do in the Barefoot at lunch take room number and give you a rough time. In the evening they could give you a vibrator like they do in American restaurants and you could go and have a drink.
Most disappointed, supposed to be the most Romance place on earth according to its advertising. It is supposed to be above a star rated hotel. We have been to a lot better 5 Star hotels in the world. Holes in the table linen and dirty mark from previous eaters do not impress. Also the sheets on the bed did not fit properly so you were on the mattress most of the time. It really is two hotels in one, them and us if you’re rich and pay for a suite with your butler your OK. If not you’ll enjoy it but don’t expect the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish