We have just returned from Sandals Antigua and once again have enjoyed a wonderful holiday at a wonderful resort.
Our Butlers, as always, were brilliant, ensuring all our needs and requests were met and even going the extra mile decorating our table in all the restaurants we visited delivering the daily paper to our Cabana, running romantic baths and just making sure we had everything we needed without being too invasive………………Thank you Natasha and Kevin.
The restaurants are still all very good; we especially liked the improvements made to the furniture in Eleanor’s (great lobster) and also the new French theme in the Bayside restaurant where the chef has created a fabulous menu. One disappointment however was the menu in the Cricketers Pub, it is limited, is not authentic to a typical English Pub and some of the old favourites are longer available. However when this was pointed out we were assured that it was being addressed.
One huge improvement is the arrival of the wooden sunloungers, they are now in plentiful supply and even though the resort was at capacity I noticed every day there were still beds available at midday due to the pool patio area being extended. The couches around the firepits are also a lovely addition.
Being returning guests we once again enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Signature Guest dinner, made even more enjoyable by spending the evening with the wonderful Teresianne from the Sales department, who is always totally dedicated to ensuring the guests have a wonderful time; a true professional. My gratitude goes to Sandeep for making amongst other things our last day so memorable; Donavon, Althea, Celia, Anika, Stacey, Rosemary, Claudine and far too many others for making our stay so lovely, we really felt like we were returning home to our friends and family at Sandals Antigua.
Unless you are really fussy and hard to please it really is very difficult to find fault with this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish