me and my wife went here for our honeymoon in late July early August for 10 days. we were just sitting at home and both talking about how much we miss it and want to go back ASAP so I remembered we wanted to write a review on our amazing stay. at did tons of research beforehand and although the positive reviews far outweighed the negative. I was still skeptical but I quickly realized the complaints made are so shallow. when I see complaints about the pillows or something silly I can't help but laugh. we got upgraded for free the moment we got there to the Mediterranean side and it was so great. balcony with a jacuzzi tub and huge shower. a mini fridge stocked daily. we were greeted with champaign and an hor d' ouvres. we went for lunch on the beach as they checked our bags in and the food was excellent. the only negatives I have is the locals on the beach selling souvenirs but if u say you are not interested or pay no attention to them than they won't bother you. staff is a little slow if u request something for your room but they run on island time. which is very good in a way because it actually makes us slow down and relax from what we are used to. we had the most perfect weather. hot but no humidity. it rained one day but was a perfect excuse to lay around and watch movies and eat. after it rained many flying gnats were in the air which was annoying. but they mist the resort with bug spray that keeps them away.
make sure u make reservations for the required dinners in advance because they fill up quick!!!!!!! Eleanor's and the hibachi place were the best but all of them were delicious. one memory that will stand out forever is we forgot to book a reservation for dinner and told our hostess named Erol while we were at breakfast and he said dont worry he will make an open spot for us at the restaurant Eleanor's. not only did he make a reservation for us but he had our table decorated with fresh flower petals and candles with wine poured. they go above and beyond!!!!!!! many of the staff stood out to us for doing things like this.
although there are many people at the resort, it's so spread out that it barely feels anyone else is there.
we also went when Canival was going on in St. John's which was very exciting.
we rented a car one day for $100 and were able to drive around the whole island in one day.
overall the negatives that are there are so tiny and shallow that the positives farrrrr outweigh them. such a great trip and we would book sandals in a heartbeat. don't hesitate or be skeptical by the negative reviews. if we would have we would of missed on such a great trip!!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel
- Sandals Grande Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.