My wife and I visited Sandals Grande Antigua for a 3 Night stay and I must say it was indeed more than we can ask for. We stayed on the Mediteranian Side. This resort has everything going for it, a romantic ambiance, exceptional staff that goes beyond the call, great restarunts, party atmosphere or quiet time, whatever you want to do.
This was my second trip to a Sandals resort and was more impressed than the first. The concierge team made us feel special, as we were on a late anniversary trip, when we checked in our bed had rose petals scattered all over and a bubble bath was set with a bottle of bubbly on ice and flowers neatly placed in the tub (thanks Sandals). We were absoutlely stunned and loved it.
The resort itself is well maintained, nice rooms, beautiful gardens / grounds, a very nice beach a stunning main pool and most of all a great staff. The fire pits at night was a nice touch and well recieved.
I visited the SPA twice and I honestly thought that I got alot more than what I paid for. The therapists that did the massages seemed to be well trained because when I left I was more than satisfied. I work in a very stressful position and I went with a year of stress to Red Lane and came out feeling renewed. I even asked my wife if we could take the therapist back home (she was that good).
We did the sunset cruise which we both loved and so did the other couples that were on. I did not get to visit St John or anywhere else on the Island but we do intend to visit again soon.
Forget all the negative reviews and give it a try this place is probably the closest to Paradise
All in all was well worth it and I will definitely be visiting Sandals Antigua again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish