we just got back from an 8 day stay. This was our first Sandals experience, and we never want to stay at another resort! I have celiac disease which usually makes it very difficult to eat on vacation, but all the staff was knowledgeable! I always had so many options to choose from on the menu, because they will modify most of it to make it gluten free. Mario's (the Italian restaurant) had gluten free options (if you want the most options, let them know the night before you want to go and they will be sure to have bread and pasta ready for you, they do not take reservations at this restaurant). Vanessa from Mario's walked me through the entire antipasto buffet to let me know what is safe to eat. Also, let her know if you want g free pizza, she'll be sure the dough is made up for you the next day so you can enjoy pizza by the pool. Rochelle from OK Corral was an excellent chef and made me feel very comfortable about all the food choices. Even at Kimono's, they have a gluten-free menu, they prepare all of g free food on the clean grill before they start cooking all the other foods so as to avoid cross contamination.
We booked the honeymoon Orchid room and we were in the Oleander building, located on the Carribean side. Room was beautiful and clean. Matress seemed a little dated but was still comfortable, king size, four poster bed. Carribean side is a little older, however, it is much closer to all the restaurants, short walk to the big Mediterranean pool and the beach.
Resort is smaller then it looks on the maps, so you can walk everywhere very quickly, but it isnt so small that it seems crowded.
So much staff and everyone is so helpful. Anytime we asked for anything, the answer was always yes.
When you go to the swim up bar in the Med side, you must order:
incredible vacation and we cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish