literally just got back last night and i'm in shock that I had to return home! so glad we picked this resort! beaches are beautiful, sunsets are amazing and the people are extremely friendly...
I'll run down some things I wanted to know before booking :)
caribbean grove is the place to be! for the most part quiet and private and most of the activities at night are in the courtyard - and most of the restaurants are here. i don't think any of the rooms are bad. fire pits at night are very relaxing.
food is delicious - my fav was OK corral and their pork spare ribs and seared tuna!
beach is obviously public but the vendors are not as bad as they say. all you have to say is no thank you and they are on the way. we booked excursions thru the resort and thru one of the licensed vendors on the beach. they are legit (make sure they have a badge).
if you are not afraid of heights go to carribean helicopters and do a tour. the monserrat tour was amazing and well worth the money! my pics speak a thousand words!! st. johns and shopping is 5-10 min cab ride....i didn't have time but i heard its quite worth it! ziplining is very fun and only 30 min away.
cricketers is the night spot - with a dj - quite fun! also shows espn for those sports fans. main pool is awesome and i think has the best staff - fun and entertaining! i loved the large hot tub located in the main pool.
bring some bug spray and lots of sunscreen! and FYI - the locals are on island time, don't expect things immediately - relax you're on vacation :)
i would definitely recommend this trip to anyone. gorgeous beaches, easy to reach excursions, and awesome resort. loved it! I spoke to quite a few sandals frequent travelers and they said this was the best one they have ever been to.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel
- Sandals Grande Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Olotels, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.