As my title says this was our 5th time to SAG, we have never been people who go to the same place twice but this resort really contradicts our holiday routine. We love the place, the people, the resort, the food, the accommodation the Island and the climate. It is the one place where my husband can relax and chill the moment he arrives.
Our room was great, we had the wonderful Wendel and Cecil as our Butlers although poor Cecil became ill during our stay (hope all is well now) but his duties were covered by the very capable and brilliant Craig, thank you all of you for the way you looked after us, making sure we had everything we wanted, leaving treats in the room, preparing a luxury bath, bringing breakfast to the room everyday, making our restaurant reservations and the many other things you did to make our stay so perfect.
Being returning guests we attended the Sandals Select dinner on the Wednesday, which was as always a lovely evening, spectacular dinner, my only worry would be that these days there are more and more returning guests, I wonder how much longer the evening will stay in the same format before it gets too big to cope with.
There was unfortunately the usual problem of towels on sunbeds each morning but this was being addressed by the management and I personally saw Butlers removing towels from beds they had reserved for their guests if the guests hadn't shown up by 11am. As in previous years we had a cabana each day (a million thanks to Teresianne for all your help in getting us our favourite cabana and making the holiday so special) we just love it and were very well looked after by Faithlyn, Joelle, Kareem and Tiffany.
Restaurants - I have to say we were a little disappointed to see that the menu choices in the restaurants we visited seem to have been reduced, however, that said, we also agreed that the food quality had improved and we had really delicious meals in OK Coral (great ribs and steaks from the briiliant chefs and really looked after by Errol), Eleanors, Marios, Barefoot and The Cricketers pub (where you will get a really warm welcome from Violet). We didn't go to Kimonos or Bayside. We also loved the burgers from the Grab and Go in the Caribbean Grove, Cafe De Paris was delicious and the Pizza, as usual was fab.
I feel I'm harping on too much now but I really do think this resort is wonderful and can't say enough in its favour. I know not everybody is of the same opinion, but in my experience the management go out of their way to rectify any problems that may occur and genuinely care about their guests; a big thank you to Sandeep (Butler Manager) for always going the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction and also grateful thanks to Donovan (SSG Manager) for his professionalism and help, popping round to see his guests regularly and always smiling, welcoming and happy.
What can I say, we love Sandals Grande Antigua and intend to go for our 6th time next year. I can confidently recommend a holiday here to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish