+ Good location - Dickensen Bay is a beautiful beach suited to the younger person, offering numerous watersports, bars and other activities.
+ Friendly staff
+ The beach-area around the hotel was practically deserted - great time of the year to visit.
- Food is terrible. Do not go all-inclusive, instead eat at the fabulous restaurants around the area. Coconut Grove was our favourite location for breakfast.
- Hotel is run-down and is in serious need of renovation...
- ...They moved us to a different hotel for the final 4 days of our stay because the hotel closed for renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua