Airport is a mess but is being rebuilt which should help. Beautiful flowers as soon as your leave the airport. First impressions of the hotel for me was "oh no" but as soon as we hit the front desk everything changed. Best front desk I have seen in a long time. I wish I was good on names but then again, all the staff were all good. Rooms are clean and basic. Who needs more. Air conditioner worked well once I figured out the remote. Could be helpful to have instructions for us technically slow people. Awesome beach to walk. Beautiful water. Food is tasty but limited but it is a small resort. I would have liked to seen more fruit in the morning along with granola. Dinners were really tasty. For a 3* resort the food was tastier than I have had in better rating resorts.
Wonderful side trips included a helicoper trip to Monserrat, the Excellence cruise around the island including lunch and snorkelling - great crew on that boat.
You are allowed to go to the sister resort Hawksbill by Rex which I recommend. It is so quaint and intimate. I felt like I was in a movie from the 40s were the rich and famous would go to hide out back then. Nice day trip. Small private beaches. Great water sports guys that took us out on a hobby craft. Saw sea turtles. Also really nice staff. Definitely for couples, not families.
I would go back to Anitigua in an instant and I still have't been to all the places I want to go.
Air Transat rep was the worst I have ever encountered and has really turned me off using Air Transat for awhile. If she wasn't selling it, it wasn't worth doing. Other than a few hours, she was never there. We missed out on going to Barbuda because she said the water was too rough. Spoke to a few that went over to see the pink sand beach and they said the water was fine and the beach was beautiful. Also spoke to other vacationers who took the bus which our rep said never came. Just hope I never run into Michele again on another trip.
Thanks to Delano Payne taxi service for making the calls back to the hotel to find my glasses, Anderson for bringing them to the airport and Lake for a nice tour of St. Johns and taking us to the sister resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua