First of all this is not Sandals or one of the the 5 star resorts.......thats pretty clear in the ratings and definitely in the price. However we loved it!!
We recently stayed for 10 nights as part of a longer trip for our honeymoon.
The location is great on Dickenson Bay and not too far from the Airport.
The staff!! They are brilliant - happy, extremely friendly and helpful and they work extremely hard to make your stay. They're all great but special mentions to:
Errol (the barman) - friendly, funny and sees making you the best drink for you as a personal challenge :-)
Fenton/Michael (entertainment team) - always friendly and happy to stop for a chat. organise lots of free fun each day - aqua aerobics/beach cricket/football/volleyball/rum snorkelling.
The Beach is a real highlight, while there are no private beaches on the island the pier sticking out into the sea creates a 'private' stretch for Halcyon. There are loads of loungers and umbrellas and free sailing, snorkelling and kayaking.
All Inclusive - great value, a wide choice of drinks, cooks do a lot to vary the menu.
The resort is compact with all the amenities close to each other.
- After a travel delay our room was cancelled and given to somebody else meaning our first night was spent in a spare room and we had to push hard for this to be changed.
- Food is great and varied but is the same format each day - was not a major issue but may have got a bit tiring if staying longer. Could do with another dining option ideally.
- Warri Pier is only open a couple of nights a week, ensure you book well in advance.
- It is a family resort with lots of families - wasn't a major issue for us but it is not a quiet adults/couples only resort.
Overall a great choice where you get more than you pay for with a really friendly, relaxed atmosphere enhanced by the staff. All-inclusive is a must....given the costs otherwise. Also make sure you hire a car and drive round the island to see the scenery and amazing coastline, highlights were English Harbour/Shirley Heights & Devils Bridge (Don't worry about spending too long in the capital St Johns its busy and hectic but the beauty of Antigua is out in the countryside).
One last thing......For the price of Sandals for 10 days we were able to have 10 nights travelling in Florida and 10 nights at Halcyon Cove.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel
- Halcyon Cove
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resort
- Rex Halcyon Cove
- Halcyon Cove Rex Resorts
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.