We visited the Halcyon Cove in June 2011. It was an absolutely fabulous holiday, not only for the idyllic island of Antigua, but also the fabulous people we met out there - the guests and staff alike.
The staff just could not do enough for you. Fenton, Dalston and Errol were fab entertainment. Beware Errol's cocktails - wicked. Lying on the beach there are a lot of beach vendors, but after the initial greeting, if you did not want to buy you were never mythered. The aloe vera man was especially funny with his daily greeting of "you say aloe I say vera, while you is burnin, I is earnin". A very funny guy.
For a look round the Island, taxi man GG is fab, nothing too much trouble, he even drove us to his mate's house to cut us some fresh aloe vera stems so we could rub the sap onto my girlfriends legs, which were burnt on the island circumnavigation cruise (well worth doing).
We generally never go to the same place twice as we like to go somewhere different every year, but we are going back to the Halcyon on 5th Jan 2013 for my 50th on the 8th and I can't wait. The food is fabulous and varied and I would not want to spend my special birthday anywhere else.
Hope all the staff are still there and also the karaoke guy, who is a dead ringer for Nigel Benn!!
Roll on January.
Mike & Sue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua