Jumby Bay provides an overall solid experience and is the perfect 4 day getaway
Location - the private Island is beautiful and peaceful. The beaches rate a solid 8/10 with almost white sand. They are not however at the level that can be found in Anguilla (pretty much nowhere is!) and the experience is marred somewhat by the weeds growing near off shore. The plane noise referenced in other reviews is there but sporadic and does not detract from overall experience.
Rooms - we stayed in a Courtyard suite. Overall the quality is more than adequate and is very spacious. At the same time there are better options in carribean (eg viceroy Anguilla)
Food and Beverage - very good for an all inclusive venue. For us we prefer the variety of selecting restaurants off property so not ideal. Again another reason why we prefer Anguilla as a destination.. House wine choices are average at best but selection and pricing of wine list is pretty good but not included.
Service - excellent for carribean standards. Much better than Anguilla. Very friendly staff who puts in great effort and genuinely seems committed to making your stay special. Every now and then there is a "Carribean" moment but nothing to mar the stay to any significant degree.
Overall morn than adequate experience but those who claim best in world status have obviously not been to Anguilla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish