“Magnificent stay at Jumby!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort

You added Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jumby Bay Island | P.O. Box 243, St. John's, Antigua   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in St. John's
London, England, United Kingdom
“Magnificent stay at Jumby!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have just returned from our first stay at Jumby Bay and it was a complete delight!
We stayed in 2 beautiful connecting courtyard suites which had the comfiest beds I have ever slept in (and I have been known to ask for mattresses to be changed in hotels before so I really mean they are comfy!). The rooms were near the Pool Grille restaurant & this was an ideal location for our family.

I have read reviews that say there is nothing to do here for children but please don't believe it, Jumby is perfect! Rosebuds is the name of the kids club which is open mornings & afternoons with the loveliest staff on hand. My daughter aged 4 was entertained by carving Halloween pumpkins, dancing for shows, trips to the bar to make 'mocktails', trips to the beach to play and make sandcastles and even wind-chime making! The new kids club is to open shortly and it looks fab!
As for my older chlldren (10 & 12) they loved the watersports - Sean was fantastic with them & got them mono-skiing and wakeboarding after a few days! They were in heaven!

The setting is simply idyllic..white sand, clear water and even little chairs to sit on in the sea with waves lapping your ankles whilst you read or gaze out to sea whilst sipping a 'Cool Me Off' cocktail!

The restaurants were amazing - fish tacos & mushroom risotto & the lobster were my favourites, jerk chicken for my husband, steaks for the boys,..the list is really endless..and of course what ever my 4 year old wanted was conjured up no problem! Choice of drinks was superb and new cocktails were created for us by the lovely barman at the Estate House!

An amazing holiday with amazing staff - we so enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: Courtyard suites by the Pool Grille have great views and are near the swimming pools great for famil...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was our family's 4th visit for October 1/2 term and as usual we all loved every minute that we spent there. From the moment you arrive the staff go out of their way to ensure that your every need is catered for. The children were greeted with big hugs from Rita and given lovely notes from Melinda to day the she wasn't working the day of our arrival but that she looked forward to seeing them when she was back on the island in two days time!
For our family one of the most important parts of any holiday is the food. Every year we have been to Jumby the food has just got better and better. This year we had trouble deciding on our favourite dishes as there were too many to choose from. However choose we did and the results were;
My daughter - Mahi Mahi with lemon butter sauce and rice.
Husband - fish tacos
Son- fried calamari and chips
Me - fennel soup and mushroom risotto . I couldn't choose just one dish!

The water sports at Jumby are also another highlight of our trip. The whole team at water sports are so friendly and fantastic with the children. Unusually for a resort (and a definite bonus for us) is that waterskiing is included in the complimentary water sports. Both children loved the waterskiing and tubing. A special mention here to Sean who is an amazingly patient teacher, always offering lots of advice and tips to the kids on how they can improve.

The rooms at Jumby are all spacious and so luxurious. We have always stayed in a pool suite which is perfect of a family of 4, but would be heaven for a couple! The beds are incredibly soft and are the only hotel beds I've slept in that are better than my bed at home. I love having a mini bar fridge that is included in the room price as it means I don't have to ban the children from helping themselves to the drinks and snacks.

Finally I must mention the beautiful beach that I spent so much time lying on while reading my book. The water is just that perfect Caribbean shade of blue. There are starfish in the shallows, and a lovely view of Antigua in the distance. What more could you want? ... Except to be served cocktails, smoothies and snacks by the wonderfully attentive beach staff. Then watch the sun go down over Antigua at the end of the day, while perched at the new beach bar while the lovely Genevieve prepares a final cocktail.
Wish I was back there now.

Room Tip: We love the pool suites.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have just returned from the most amazing holiday at Jumby where we were all privy to the incredible, once in a lifetime, experience of witnessing turtles hatching on Pasture Beach whilst we ate our picnic! A delicious picnic, I might add, which had been delivered to the deserted beach for us where tables had been laid with linens, cutlery and wine glasses. The wine was chilled and the chicken skewers were still warm.

From the moment we arrived at the airport the service was unbelievable. A mix up with our suitcases meant that we were missing one and before we had even got onto the boat, arrangements had been made by the airport meet and great team to organise toiletries and essentials for my daughter, whose case had been mislaid. Thankfully the case was located very quickly but I was given the impression that they would have managed to magic up a whole new wardrobe for her if necessary.

The resort provides so much to do - a small kids club for the youngest who was taken to see the red-footed tortoises, an allocated water-skiing slot per room per day with tuition so that all three children were able to learn how to waterski whilst we were there, a wonderful trip to Bird Island for snorkelling and a picnic, not to mention the beautiful beaches and pools, all accessible by the bicycles tailored in size to each member of the family. 'White Night' held every sunday on the beach with tables laid up right next to the lapping sea and lit by flaming torches and lanterns was a wonderful evening complete with a fire breather and band.

On one day we arranged a car to take us on a tour of Antigua during which we learned so much about the island, saw all sorts of wildlife and plants and managed to get a real insight into the culture and history. A very worthwhile day trip which everyone enjoyed.

Finally in all three restaurants, the food at every meal, including the canapés and pastries which were brought along the beach each morning and afternoon, was exceptional. I have never been availed of such choice and quality in such abundance before. It cannot be faulted and the array of drinks on offer made it hard to choose a favourite.

The staff did everything they could to make us all feel welcome and we were very appreciative of them and the care they took to ensure that we had an amazing holiday. Jumby came highly recommended by several families we know and we are certainly able to echo that recommendation ourselves now that we have experienced it first hand.

Room Tip: Suites near the beach & pool bar.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Many reviews said that this hotel is not good for children, but, believe me, me and my sisters had so much fun. We were always busy making new friends and going snorkelling. The water activities are wonderful at jumby, so much to choose from. The service was excellent, everyone seemed so cheerful and actually glad to help you.My parents also loved it as it was so chilled and romantic. If you are planning to visit this hotel, come in a big group as if you are alone it might get a bit dull.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from out third trip to Jumby last week. Each time we go it seems better than the last and it hurts more to leave. As we arrived we were met by Rita who remembered not only our names but our favorites and preferences. We were greeted with cold drinks and the check in process was done in 5 minutes.

We were picked up by cart and taken right to the pool grill for lunch while our luggage was brought to our room. Less a half an hour after we hit the dock we were enjoying my favorite all time meal - the fish taco. There is something about a fish taco at the pool grill at Jumby Bay that just makes me happy.

We arrived at our pool suite and again no matter how many times we have been before it never fails to impress. The rooms are beautiful, well appointed, and just plain huge. As a pleasant surprise treat there was a bottle of wine and plate of snacks as a welcome back present from the Manager Andrew. A very nice touch. We had the pleasure of running into Andrew several times over the week and he always made a point to ask us how our meal was or how our room was or just how it was going in general. He really cares about his guests.

Since we both had very hectic schedules lately my wife and I were looking forward to relaxation and privacy. That is what truly sets Jumby apart from other resorts. The beach was never crowded and the beach bar staff was always making sure you had a beverage or offering fresh fruit without being intrusive. Laying on one of the floaties is the calm clear warm water of Jumby is relaxation perfection.

There was nothing to do but relax yet plenty to do if you wanted at the same time if that makes sense. Melinda was around drumming up attendance at cocktail parties, boat trips, cooking demo's, etc. There was always a friendly crowd at the bars especially with Genevive manning the beach bar. Lime crushes and Jumby Jamborees. Yum.

Our room was impeccable maintained for the whole week and we never saw anyone from housekeeping coming or going. We would leave the room and it was like magic. Poof - bed was made and fresh towels appeared. Having the dipping pool right outside the bedroom was incredible. Relaxing in that private pool watching the sun go down each night over the palm trees and the beach while enjoying a drink and a cigar is simply a thing of pure beauty.

The food was good. They certainly upped their menu from the last couple of visits adding new things and taking away some things. The new chef is French and the French influence is definitely felt. It is definitely evolving and combining the classic French techniques with the fresh Caribbean ingredients is elevating the menu in an exciting direction.

My wife had a few sessions at the spa and was very happy.

There are certain types of people who like to nitpick and complain. You could hand them a million dollars and they would complain you gave them too may hundreds. If you are interested in relaxing on a pristine not crowded beach with no one trying to sell you jewelry or braid your hair, while receiving impeccable and friendly service, terrific food, in one of the most beautiful settings on the planet then Jumby is for you. I was so depressed when our trip ended I literally wanted to cry getting back on the ferry to the mainland. It psychically hurt. I felt actual pain. The only way to make it go away was realizing I would be back.

Room Tip: If its in your means get a pool suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I travelled to Jumby in low season, right after they reopened. I found the resort to be in prime condition, obviously ready for the season. I felt I was the first one to visit and found the facilities and staff engaging and motivated, and extremely welcoming. I was concerned about the weather, but we happened to have clear and sunny skies every day, and the waters were calm, clear and stunning. We had planned to take trips to the main island, but the resort provided such a great atmosphere, serene and carefree, that we ended up not leaving our private island paradise. We stayed in a suite with a private pool. We really did not use the pool, but it was a nice amenity. We did take advantage of the outdoor shower and bathtub every day. That was the most incredible experience. The food was fantastic, considering it is a fully inclussive resort. I felt the quality was really good and the menu was simple, easy to understand and enjoy, and perfect for a resort getaway. Used the bicycles to go around the island and felt Pasture beach was quite a find. Raw, natural, organic. We did not see the the turtles... but we did find the tracks. Maybe we were too late... breakfast in the Veranda restaurant kept us busy every morning. The pool grill gave us the best fish tacos ever, and the view was phenomenal. The beach there extends into very shallow waters, and we enjoyed walking around and laying in the sea right there. Plenty star fish, as promised in their website pictures. Beach bar ladies were always on the ball, ready with the next cocktail. I wish I could have peaked into the private residences. They look stunning, and if you are looking for accommodtions for a family trip, I do not think this can be beat. The resort is extremely safe, it is a private island and the staff is always available and engaging.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

From the moment you step off the boat and set foot in Jumby Bay Resort you are aware of how special a place this is. the staff is superb and they all go out of their way to Jamie sure you have the most memorable, relaxing stay of your life while you are their guest. The food is excellent, especially lunch at the pool terrace and dinner at the Sugar House. We prefer the pool suite, but it really isn't that much larger than the non pool suite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!