“highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LambLion Holiday Apartments

Save Saved
You added LambLion Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
LambLion Holiday Apartments
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Freemans Main Rd, Belleview Estate, St. John's, Antigua   |
“highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I chose Angigua for my mom-daughter vacation. Since I need to be on a special diet, I searched for an apartment with kitchen access. Plus, I hate all inclusive resorts full of tourists. This is how I came across Lamblion. I am so glad I did!!! It's a great pick for many reasons. First, the owner, Lionel, is a great host. He has this amazing ability to make you feel at home right away. He is relaxed, easy going but very caring and helpful. He goes out of his way to make sure his guests are happy at all times. He will help you plan your stay so that you can get the most of your vacation. He is also happy to share information about the island and will answer every question.
Second, the apartments though not luxurious are very clean, nicely decorated and quiet. And of course, as other people mentioned, you can't beat the price. If you have a budget, this is very important.
Third, staying at Lamblion will give you the opportunity to really get to know the island. Its location in the middle of the island makes it necessary to get a bus or rent a car and drive to various parts of the island. We did both and thought it was so much more fun than just sitting at one beach in the resort.
In short, thumbs up!!!

• Stayed December 2010

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
miami beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I found the LambLion Guest Apartments on Tripadvisor and once again Tripadvisor came through for me. The location is central on the island and close to airport, beaches, shopping, and is a very quiet area. The apartment was clean, spacious, convenient with fridge, microwave, stove to allow anyone the freedom to eat in at times. Even had wireless internet and cable TV. The owners picked me up at the airport and provided me with a great rental car at a better price than any airport rentals. They are very nice people who want to make certain you are comfortable. If you want a sprawling beach front resort this is not for you. But if you want to go to sightsee and enjoy the whole island at a reasonable price this is just about perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

We stayed at lamblion for a long weekend and did not want to leave, very comfortable great for a couple or a small family. Very clean and well furnished. AC was excellent for hot Antigua weather. Would for sure return. Lionel and his wife really went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable also very easy to rent a car from them so you can get around the island easy!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I have to start by saying that this Inn is amazing. It is tucked away down a dirt road which is extremely SAFE and extremely quiet. The rooms are very modern, include a kitchen/dining/living area, bathroom, and bedroom.

Your hosts are the epitome of kindness. They will pick you up and take you to the airport, and even offer to stop at the local grocery store on the way to the apartment.

They will loan you a cell phone that you only have to top up with minutes to call out. They will loan you a laptop (they are also the official Dell service techs on the island!). They have free wi-fi. The kitchen is stocked with utensils, coffee maker, pots, pans, ice cube trays, etc. The permanent residents of the apartments are friendly and quiet. I truly loved my stay here!

Unfortunately, I am from the States, and have never driven on the "wrong" side of the road. My only complaint, which should in NO WAY reflect on the Inn, is the location for folks that can't/don't want to drive.

Driving on Antigua is dodgy in the best circumstances, and you should NEVER try to drive on the left side of the road for the first time in Antigua. The tight roads, erratic drivers, lack of lights and signals, etc. make it a bad first choice for learning to drive on the left.

The Inn is located in the middle of the island, which is great for those that want a central location to call headquarters, as long as you drive.

It is difficult to get a cab for the first time, as it is hard for them to find you. You have to walk up a fairly steep hill to the main road, and then walk down to the gas station. It is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. You will need to tell the driver that you will meet them on All saint's road next to the gas station with the "Penny Machine".

If you use the same cab driver, you can direct them back to the apartments (they may or may not be willing to drive down the dirt road), then you can use the same driver for the rest of your trip.

Alternately, you can make the same walk and use public transit, which is fairly frequent and easy to use if you are not in a hurry.

The only other caveat I have is for people that don;t travel to Europe or extensively to the Caribbean. The rooms are air conditioned, but only in the bedroom. The kitchen, living room, etc, have fans but no air.

There are bugs. This is the Caribbean. It is humid, and there are bugs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Its for persons who wants total relaxation in an extremely quiet environment

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, New York, U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

My wife, my two children and I were so comforatble while staying at Lamblion Guest Apartments in Antigua. We could have chosen one of the many other guest house apartments or hotels in Antigua, but we went with our instincts and I am so glad we did. The rooms were well kept. The appliances worked perfectly. The A/C made it feel as if I was staying in one of the 4 or 5 star hotels not only in Antigua but even in the U.S.A. The location was great. We did'nt want to be too close to the St. Johns City Area because we wanted a quiet place to stay. It's location was so central which made it easy to get around Antigua and also to major tourist sites such as Nelson's Dockyard in English Harbor, Devil's Bridge just outside Wilikies and even within a 15 minutes drive to St. Johns city. We were within a few minutes of some of Antigua's best beaches. What made our stay so memorable was the way in which the staff was so professional, friendly and accomodating. My wife and I are already looking forward to our next trip to this beautiful island because we already know where we'll be staying.

• Liked — The professional and friendly way in which the staff operated
  • Disliked — We were so comforatble that I can't think of any
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

We contacted the owners via email and telephone and they were always prompt in replies to any of our concerns.

Mrs Walker met us at the airport and gave us a mini tour on the way to the guest house, where I was shown our apartment, much to my approval. At Lamblion, it was also so convenient for my boyfriend to arrange a permit to drive in Antigua and rent a car on site.

The accomodations were well above average and the owners thought of everything for the comfort of their guests. We did not have to hunt for wares or cutlery.

It was at Lamblion that our toddler learnt to climb that one step up to the bedroom or back down to the kitchen/living room area. Mrs Walker was right - the baby did learn how to do it on her own.

The surroundings were quiet except for the apartment guests next to ours, but not distractingly so.

The location is in the centre of the island and a good walk over some inclines to the main road. Lamlion itself does not have much of a view being in the centre of the island but it isn't cluttered by houses or hotels or annoyances.

They also have Internet access and laptops for use as well as cell phones. A nice touch for a guest house.

Mr Walker, an affable guy along with his always-smiling wife, make hospitality seem so effortless! Chatting with them was always a pleasure and their advice was good.

We loved the personal touch that Lamblion offered, down to the complimentry bottle of non-alcaholic wine (for me).

• Liked — The service, the comfort and the owners
  • Disliked — Had brief water problems.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to LambLion Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!