“Over promised under delivered” 3 of 5 stars

268 461-8675
Website
Improve this listing
Guelph, Canada
“Over promised under delivered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Trip was described to us while booking as being a fun day out with snorkeling and lunch on a private beach with games and a treasure hunt, but was really just a very long, ( 9 hours ) trip around the island with one stop on a very small beach shared with another catamaran. There was nothing to see while snorkeling and lunch was precooked chicken and rice. On the way back we had to stop to drop other travelers off at different resorts which made for a long trip. Wouldn't recommend. Lots of private catamarans available to book if we had done some more research before we left home.

Visited January 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“Fabulous circumnav/snorkeling trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I took this circumnavigation trip around Antigua in Jan of 2013. We booked it through our hotel so we didn't know what to expect. We boarded at the marina in Jolly Harbor. While we were not aware that we would be stopping at 3 other locations to pick up other passengers, we have no complaints and had a fabulous time out on the water. One piece of information that might prove useful to others is that if you are boarding at any of the hotels rather than the marinas in Jolly Harbor or St. Johns, you will be getting on a dinghy and taken out to the boat. That might not bother some people, but there were some older passengers who looked a little worse for wear once they boarded. We had somewhat rough seas the week we were vacationing there. Having said that, the crew were very accomodating and friendly. This is an 8 hour cruise around the island with a stop at Green Island for snorkeling/swimming. We were treated to non-alcoholic drinks and finger sandwiches in the morning. The cheese sandwiches were delicious! I was quite shocked to see the generous spread of hot food at lunchtime. The food was delicious and there was plenty for everyone. At lunchtime the full bar opened and the crew were great about seeing if anyone needed another drink while lounging on the bow during the rest of the cruise. It was fun to see Nelson's Dockyard from the catamaran as well as some of the beaches we had visited. The captain provided information about the sites we passed but not so much that you couldn't just relax and enjoy the view and conversation with your fellow travelers. It was a great day and I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Antigua.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Great catamaran choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I chose this company because a group of us are traveling together of various ages. We wanted a catamaran day with lunch included and this company offers lunch on the beach, not on the boat. Spent a wonderful 6 hours sailing with the crew and 62 friends on a private charter. Crusing along the coast seeing the sights from the water point of view then stopping at a reef for snorkeling. One crew member was snorkeling with us as a guide, while 2 other crew members were in a dingy (small motor boat) keeping an eye on others in the water. Having the dingy there was very reassuring, like a safety net, and in all my travels have not come across that before. I liked it. After snorkeling, the open bar was free flowing serving rum punch that knocked you off your feet! Stopping at an island where we had lunch (grilled chicken, pasta salad, rice and beans) under a tent while steel drums played. Spent about 2 hours playing on the beach, then boarded the catamaran for home. Very enjoyable day, good food and great staff. The only disappointment was the catamaran did not have the net on the front of the boat, it was covered in fiberglass.

Visited November 2012
Burlington, NJ
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Day - Snorkel Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had an excellent day out on the Treasure Island Cruises snorkel trip to Cades Reef. Despite what other reviewers have said, the crew was very professional, very friendly, and very safe. We had an awesome time. The snorkling was very much a guided activity. They had two guides in the water, and a little motor boat patrolling the area to pick up any swimmers that got tired. We went to a small secluded beach for a BBQ lunch that was fantastic. The food was good, the steel band was great. And we had a great time running around on the beach and swimming with the kids. A great time. I would book this trip again for sure.

Visited August 2012
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
“Under no circumstance sail with them”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Be warned : we took this cruise in July 2012. Due to the neglicgence of the crew and their lack of due diligence I ended up in a hospital trauma unit for 7 hours whilst they put 20 stitches in my legs. It is nowt September and I am still be treated on a daily basis in the UK. Treaure Island Cruises are now refusing to acknowledge any of my e mails or those of my insurance. Without going into details due to a posible court action against them, if this had been a young child the result could have been fatal.
Pse whatever you do not go on any cruise with these pople. Pay more if you have to -but avoid the possible problems I endured. If there was a way of rating this zero - I would do so

Visited July 2012