“Great dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wisconsin
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We found this restaurant also through TA, and were also quite happy with the meal. The restaurant is a small quaint open aired building right on the beach in Sandy Ground. We enjoyed the sound of the waves and great live yet soft music. As far as the food, we tried the gnocchi, lasagna, snapper, and tiramisu. All of it was wonderful. The gnocchi was soft and succulent as it almost seemed to melt in our mouths. The lasagna was one of the best I've ever had, and the snapper was done to perfection. The overall dining experience was nice way to end the perfect vacation. :)

87% Recommend
Fairfield CT
“Really, very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We only found this thru TA, and we were happy we made the trip from Meads Bay. We had a delicious lunch, a delightful seafood risotto, mussels, a salad with high end buffalo mozzarella and excellent tomatoes. A nice mix of locals and tourists too. I would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Though it couldn't get better--we were wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We always look forward to dining at Dolce Vita and have never been disappointed. Dined there twice a week for 3 weeks this trip and loved every bite! I'm the "pesto queen" and Christopher's pesto sauce is so light, never heavy, like some. I had it several times with crayfish or seafood, wonderful! DH is more diverse in his choices and I always manage to grab a "taste". This trip he had the Lasagna, which is so light and different than any we've ever had. We enjoyed the snapper, gnocchi in red sauce (light as a feather), spinach ravioli, and the most amazing seafood Risotto ever! Friday nights Sproka entertains and, who knew, that in addition to being a gracious and attentive host/owner, Abbi can sing! He joined Sproka for a song to serenade us all! This place never disappoints and is always our last evenings dinner to take memories home with us. Our only disappointment is that we didn't get there for lunch to sample the pizza. Next year! Go, enjoy the wonderful food, attentive service by Abbi, Sandra, and the girls and the beach side ambiance.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a lovely Italian restaurant. I would give this a 5 star in the US but I can't get over the notion that when in Rome, or in this case, not..........I just think in there is no other food in the world as wonderful as the local options so I have a hard time eating Italian in Anguilla. The owner is warm and friendly, the view is terrific and the food is wonderful. This is a nice break, if you need one (I do not), from the East Indie food served in a lot of places. Our food did have a local twist in the sense of the types of fish used- I'll grant that.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Dolice Vita”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant is just terrible. I cannot believe all the positive ratings it has received. In our 12 years of dining in Anguilla this is the worst experiece we ever encountered. My wife and I had dinner there March 5, 2013 and could not get out of there fast enough. If you like snooty service (when they show up), waiting for drinks (after requesting our wine numerous times) and waiting 25 minutes for our bill, by all means go there. This is not to mention the food is just awful. I had Salmon that was over done (not to mention they were out of black olives that was part of the ingredients). How can Italian Rest run out of black olives? However, to hide the fish they cover everything in a nasty red sauce. In fact, all meals are covered with this sauce to hide the poor taste. Please save your money and spend it on one of the other well deserving restaurants on the island. Don t be fooled by the beach front setting. However, they do get a nice price for this slop. Do yourself a favor and cross Dolice Vita off your dining list.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere