“A Must !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 110 restaurants in Anguilla
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Relatively new; gorgeous small beach front restaurant; great food and wine. Chef was previously at mallihouna.
Columbia, South Carolina
“A Must !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our sixth meal at Jacala over the past three years. The restaurant is consistently outstanding. The location on Meads Bay beach is fantastic. The staff are good. Go there when you are looking for a leisurely meal. The wine list is extensive. The food is exceptional. I had the cray fish and they were absolutely the best I have ever had! The snapper was great. Simmered in local vegetables and star anise, it gave the snapper a unique smokey taste. Yum! It's pricey but worth it.

86% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I will keep this short and sweet, but our dinner at Jacala was one of the most supreme meals that my husband and I have had. We live in Manhattan, consider ourselves foodies, and eat out all the time. We both agree that dinner at Jacala was in the top five meals we've ever had the pleasure of eating (if not the absolute best). From the wine to the most perfectly cooked fish (we had a tuna teriyaki dish and a snapper special with beurre blanc sauce), it was divine. Great service, great setting...what a fantastic experience!

Visited April 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Another fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Last year while in Anguilla we tried Jacala. It was great but unfortunately it was our last night and we couldn't go again. It is that good that you want to return in the same week. On this years vacation we went early in our week so we could go twice. We again had a great experience. The setting in on Meads Bay and the open air setting is great. The pace is not hurried so you can enjoy your meal. Their menu has a good variety so everyone should be able to find a good choice. I started with the lobster soup. My wife had a starter fettuccine with tomatoes, olive oil, and seasoning. It was great. My soup was very good also. My main course was mahi mahi with a lemon grass sauce. The flavorful was wonderful. My wife enjoyed the snapper meunière. Also an excellent choice. We finished with crime brûlée. A nice French bottle of white wine was also enjoyed. One of the owners is in the kitchen and the other comes to your table to assist ordering. They take a hands on approach to their restuarant.

Boston, MA
“Sensuous dining experience to rave about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Jacala's interior is warm, intimate, and romantic - perfect for a date night or special occasion. We were there to celebrate our anniversary - a night that we will always remember!

Jacques, the personable owner of Jacala, greeted us with a warm welcome when we arrived. We were quickly seated by a cheerful waitress that was happy to serve us. She was knowledgable about food items and preparation. Her recommendations were outstanding.

Chef Alain takes pride in preparing delicious meals. Talk about being in the moment - one bite and you're in heaven! My wife absolutely loved the rack of lamb and I was ecstatic over the Crayfish with sides of lemon and garlic butter sauce - memorable.

We thanked Chef Alain as we were leaving his restaurant and told him how happy we were to have dined at Jacala. It was obvious that he put a lot of love into his meals.

Jacala deserves our highest praise. We look forward to revisiting this special place next year.

Madison, MS
“Outstanding! Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to Anguilla. We made a reservation a few days in advance for a Saturday night. We arrived a few minutes early and were warmly greeted by one of the owners, Jaques and promptly shown to a table. Jacala is very elegant, yet understated. We loved the atmosphere. We had a starter of duck foie gras that was very rich and delicious. Jaques recommended a lovely bottle of wine that went perfectly with our meals. I had the filet with herb potato and my husband had the Lobster Risotto special. The filet was cooked perfectly and was so tender and flavorful. My husband's risotto was outstanding as well. We finished with the crème brulee which was wonderful. The service was spot on, not rushed at all. Our water glasses and wine glasses were never empty and plates were promptly cleared. We were there for a little over an hour and a half, start to finish. As we left, the chef came out and spoke with us, which was a nice touch. He seemed to this for everyone. My husband loved Jacala so much, he talked me into changing our plans around and we came back here for our last meal in Anguilla, our only repeat meal of the trip. This time, I had the crayfish risotto special and he had the steak tartare. Once again, everything was perfect- I can't even come up with the smallest complaint. My only regret is that we didn't make it there for lunch! I do want to add that I am glad we made a reservation as we overheard someone at our resort trying to make a same day reservation and Jacala was booked. We soon realized after talking with Jaques that they only serve a certain number of tables a night, and this was apparent at how well spaced and uncrowded the restaurant was even on a night when they were booked to capacity. We never felt rushed, crowded or overlooked either night. Definitely add Jacala to your Anguilla "Must Do" List!