“STILL NONE BETTER - 2nd time around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambia Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anguilla
Ambia Boutique Hotel
South Hill, AI2640, Anguilla (Formerly Ambia Bed & Breakfast)   |
Special Rate
$175 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 8 Anguilla B&B and Inns
south carolina
“STILL NONE BETTER - 2nd time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We returned for a second time to Ambia this January and it was as fantastic as it was in January 2010. Bob, Magda and Barbara are the best of hosts -- so returning to Ambia was like being with friends/family again. Not only were we fortunate enough to get such a wonderful room during high season, we met some extraordinary guests from around the U.S. and world. So much so, that we ate several meals together with them [and Bob and Magda] both at Ambia and down at Sandy Ground Beach.
As always, the hospitality, setting, tremendous breakfasts and accomodations were 'top shelf'. It is no surprise that Ambia ranks as Trip Advisor's #1 B&B on Ambia.
We definitely will be returning.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Ambia is a hidden gem on Anguilla - I almost didn't want to write another review for fear it gets so popular that we can't get a room there next time! We stayed there for a few days last year on a side trip, and then decided to come back for a week this year. We were delighted to find everything as lovely as it was the previous year.

The location is not on the beach, but in Anguilla you really want to drive around and see all of the beaches anyway, and everything is so close, so this was not a problem for us. The rooms are simple, modern and everything is high quality. Bob and Magda did everything and more that we could ask for. They treat their guests like family. As before, they picked us up from the boat, organized a car for us, served us a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast every morning, and gave us tons of great recommendations for beaches and restaurants. And sweet Ruby the dog welcomed us every day as we returned from our excursions back to the hotel.

We are looking forward to returning a third time. Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I worried as I head to Ambia that I hadn't spent enough money to get a nice place. My requirements were simply, a great pool that looked out over the ocean, and a good room in a small place not overcrowded with kids. I got that and much much more. I had read the reviews of Ambia and once I talked with Bob on the phone, the deal was sealed, but when we arrived, Ambia was far more beautiful than I had even expected.

As a B&B Bob, Barbara and Magda will leave you alone or talk to you as long as you like. I felt we joined a new family and can't wait to return and spend time with them again. If you idea is one of sharing experiences and life with those you meet, Ambia is perfect for you. I can't tell you how happy I am that we spent 11 days there. I have picked my share of crummy places in the Caribbean in the past, and no longer have to worry about that, as Ambia and Anguilla are where we'll return each year.

The price of the stay is well worth it, I'd even say it's underpriced for what you get. I loved Bob, Barbara and Magda, they added so much to our stay, I can't tell you. All of them have a reference of the island that is amazing, beaches to go to, restaurants that fit your style, etc. If you are planning on going to Anguilla, stay here! But don't tell too many folks, otherwise we'll never get in next year!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
White Rock B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and I have traveled to 42 Islands in the Caribbean and South Pacific, We have stayed in many different types of resorts and private rooms and the like, Ambia Boutique Hotel( Bed & Breakfast) for us was one of our favorites. Ambia is warm welcoming, and professionally run.
The rooms are very unique and inviting, it is small and personal resort with one of the most
stunning views I can remember. Breakfast is amazing, the rooms are impeccable, and inviting.
I highly recommend this resort, for any one visiting Anguilla. ( Its a home away from home.) it's the first time we felt compelled to write a review .
Doug & Brenda Campbell British Columbia Canada.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
jacksonville beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

When we arrived at Ambia we were greeted by Bob and Magda, they grabbed our bags and showed us to our rooms and around the complex. The rooms are amazing, they have a Japanese feel to them. The rooms were very comfy and inviting. The kitchen had everything in it, we prepared many meals there. Also every morning Magda and Bob made us a wonderful breakfast. The pool looked out toward the beautiful blue ocean, it made lounging around the pool even more wonderful. I honestly cant say enough about Ambia, Bob and Magda were like family when we were there. I am looking forward to going back in the very near future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at some of the most luxurious hotels, but never have I stayed at a Boutique type of place and I highly recommend it. Ambia is exactly how you see it in pictures and on the Website. Bob, Barbara, and Magda are the most humble, amazing hosts ever. They were great company to share stories and experiences with and offered us peace of mind in helping us to choose where to spend our days (afterall they do know the island the best!). Four girls went on this journey to Anguilla and we wanted to have fun but also feel safe (being in another country and all), and everyone at Ambia contributed to that. Aside from the islands prestine beaches, amazing waters and restaurants, Ambia really completed our experience. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing at this property. Even the design of Ambia alone is something to see. If you are wavering on a place to stay that is unique and not part of the cookie-cutter hotels, I highly recommend Ambia. I promise you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I came with my friend who organised our stay, having already stayed at Ambia numerous times, and I knew very little about it. Bob collected us at the arrival port and arranged a rental car for us that evening which I thought was great service. But I was truly taken aback on arrival at Ambia. It is a beautiful villa obviously designed by a very talented architect (Bob!) I felt immediately comfortable in the carefully and stylishly-appointed guest room as well as the living areas. The pool is set out over the patio area overlooking a panoramic view of the bay (which the guest rooms also share). Breakfasts superbly prepared and served by Magda were something to look forward to each day and we enjoyed the opportunity to spend that time with the other guests (who included a honeymooning couple who were obviously having a lovely time), Bob and Magda. I even felt perfectly comfortable cooking a couple of dinners (with Bob's assistance and provisions!). Bob's mother Barbara is a delight. All three have a joy of life, Anguilla and Ambia which is contagious. And Ruby and Maya were just gorgeous (most of my holiday photos are of them). I "threatened" to put Maya on a plane with me back to Australia. But Ruby and Maya, like their owners, are very discreet so, when you want, you can be very private in your guest room or in the living areas because the numbers are necessarily so fewer than you would get in a “resort”. We saw most of the large resorts on our sightseeing around this superb island and there was none I would have preferred to Ambia. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!