“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Lantana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taillades
Le Lantana
You added Le Lantana to your Saves list
125 chemin des croix rouges, 84300 Taillades, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Taillades B&B and Inns
Edegem
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just came back from our vacation in the provence to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary with the whole family. We reserved this place looking so good on the internet. Since I always check on tripadvisor and never has been disappointed so far I thougt this was going to be a lovely vacation ( we rented la bergerie Le Lantana) We arrived on sunday evening. The owners were on vacation and planed to come back on wednesday. So their brother in law guided us around. First of all you can see on the pictures the state of the house, It was was just awful: sheets and bedcovers with stains, pillow filthy, hood covert with fat, stove , lamp above diner table just horrible ;everything was broken: cups, tellers, bowls, pots, parasols deck chairs, door from kitchen cabinet, glasses full of limescale and decoloreted glasses, baby beds in terrible condition( we only could use one that was new etc... Then we already wanted to leave. On monday morning we had some havy rainfall: water came inside the house on 4 locations ( like you can see on the picture that they were aware of the problem( sand bags against the window)) water came through the roof and door. And than we had that terrible sewage thank odor that was the worst. They forcasted all week rain and thunderstorm so we couldn't stay in a leak house with 2 little children and that terrible odor. So on teusday we fled out of the house and went to a hotel in Vence' Le Cantemerle'. That saved are vacation ( beautifull clean rooms very good service and the food was top) WE DID NOT HEAR A WORD FROM THE OWNERS. I did pay in advance the total of the stay and for two times a cleaning lady and new sheets and towels.So far I did not get any money back. During summer it cost 3950 euro a week , almost 16000 euro a month for this that's a real ripp-off. I am 57 years old and this was my worst experience I ever had on my 40 years of travel.
And what's worse; this could be a lovely place ( nice house, view and swimming pool) if it would be ran by people who love the bussines of taking care of travelers and giving them more than you would ask for. We also have houses we let and I have a standard that says WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE HERE and if the answer is yes, than you know it never can go wrong.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ariele-F, Propriétaire at Le Lantana, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am somewhat puzzled by the message of these people;
Indeed, the house does not reflect what he describes; From a small case, it is a generality.
A chipped cup, the whole dish. a mini task on a sheet (given weekly laundry company) is all bedding, this can happen, the machine is then replaced automatically. Actually "A" pillow on 14 was less clean, we check every week, this one has eluded us, and that's all he saw.
Sandbags to prevent flooding, too. (September storms can be very violent experience is prevented by rapidly rising waters to avoid flooding the room, you can also have some broken tiles and poured water but nothing catastrophic) umbrellas with a whale broke with the wind They had to be replaced and then they broke during the storm They should protect them ...) There was a 3 cm hole in the net in a baby cot available free of charge
With the incredible amount of water that fell and because of the drought we had, back in the water tank can provide odor for a few hours but after that no longer feels.
The house is in a normal state for seasonal rentals where you know that people break a lot, but at the end of the season, it may have to undergo a refresh for repairs that do not have time made between two tenants, like tiles and broken off, one or two chairs on 12 present to renovate, dishes to replace (scheduled for 12-14 people, they were 6 and 2 bb) and therefore had enough.
It seems that people are very difficult .....
Already they had booked for 6 adults, they were finally 7 without warning, they ask me to arrange a taxi to Avignon and at the last moment, just fly to Nice and then I had to cancel the taxi Me ask to get information on renting scooters but abandon the idea after my research ... Ask me to organize catering on site for the week.They had not yet paid for cleaning and linen mid week but demand back!
If I had waited before leaving without warning, these glitches (water) independent of my will, have been resolved and we would have agreed to do everything for a pleasant stay.
The fact that the weather was rotten is not my responsibility and it has happened to me to offer a great discount on a future stay with nice people who sponged a lot of water during their holidays without putting any involved.
quiet and peaceful. It's all part of the rent, but we talk about it ....
It is quite amazing that this house also appeals to a large number of people and also come back every year.

Business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent a wonderful holiday at Le Lantana. Ariele and Etienne made us feel very at home. We loved the beautiful large gardens and the tranquility. Breakfast was a real treat, and we got an excellent recommendation for dinner at a local restaurant. Thanks! We will be back.
Andrew T

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Lantana? Share your experiences!