“Modern comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cwmbran Drive | Newport, South Wales, Cwmbran NP44 3UW, Wales   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Cwmbran
London, United Kingdom
“Modern comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Modern looking hotel with large open plan reception area, more reminiscent of a continental hotel entrance, with numerous comfy sofa’s. Our room (224) was situated on the first floor at the front of the hotel overlooking the car park and grounds. It was of moderate size and tastefully furnished and decorated. There were two comfortable armchairs, numerous lights and pictures giving it a homely and comfortable feel. There was a complimentary tea/coffee tray with biscuits and bottled water, and a cafetiere. There was a complimentary computer with printer for guests use in the lounge area (not used). There is also an indoor swimming pool and leisure facilities (not used). There were weddings taking place during our stay, but there was no noise. Overall a very comfortable and pleasant stay, and at a price that was cheaper than many of the so called budget hotels. Note of caution - do check your bill as ours contained a charge for breakfast which we didn’t have (this was one of four hotels we were staying at over a two week period, and couldn’t face a breakfast everyday).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tonypandy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I organised a nursing study day here on Monday 7th July and all I can say is 'Thank you all so much'
Everything was very well organised by the hotel and the staff were brilliant...really helpful and supportive and also really lovely people.
The food at lunch time was delicious and there was plenty of it to go round.
I would definitely recommend anyone wanting conference facilities to use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our experience of this hotel was nothing less than magnificent and we have been around a bit (in the nicest possible sense!) From the welcome we had checking in Friday, (in spite of the madness as they had a wedding party as well as a school prom on the go), to the paying bit at the end was absolutely faultless. The staff were amazing, friendly, professional, efficient and attentive. The room was cozy and comfy. In my head, I have an image of what facilities and amenities I would put into a hotel if I owned one and this place had the lot. Pool with lovely comfy beds in a conservatory, with a coffee/snack bar. The conservatory with adjoining garden and patio with more sun-loungers ! A private residents lounge with huge TV's and comfy settees and chairs, with a few small dining tables and a stack of books and games for the kids. I was nearly put off by some off the negative comments but so glad I decided to come and look for myself. I can see that occasionally the staff may be a little run off their feet or having to wait for food as it is all cooked freshly, but its worth the wait. And if you come across a staff member who doesn't have a smile, maybe they are just having an off day. Because this place oozes Welsh charm and hospitality. This will definitely be our home away from home when visiting friends and family for the foreseeable future. Keep it up Team Parkway. Your new owners should be very proud. It was that good I'd work for you myself . . . if you could afford me !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here at the end of june on business. At first upon arrival I thought wow wat a lovely place. Very iddilic. Rooms were good although it was supposed to be a double room but in fact a twin room.. now to the food.. breakfast was ok was a couple of things empty... in the evening we ate ate the bar.. the food was not good at all. The chips were very undercooked and the burger I had was very very dry which made it hard to eat.. if the food had been abit better I think the hotrl would be worthy of a very good report but ut wasnt unfortunately. ..

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kerry J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Shane B,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor and we are pleased that you liked our hotel.

We take on board your feedback regarding the burger and your comments have been passed to our kitchen team. We normally have great feedback with regards to the food so I do hope you will give us another try in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

bridgend
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Been here quite a few times for family meals and it has mostly been quite good, however on our last visit a couple of weeks ago a lot of the family members were left very disappointed by the service.
We were quite a large party of diners and had a table booked for 7pm but on our arrival we were told the booking was actually for 7.30. Bit odd but we waited in the bar and didnt think anymore of it.
When we actually were seated in the restaurant our orders were taken very quickly by some lovely staff but after a while instead of our starters we were given these tiny little complimenary canape things (1 each) on a plate. I have had this before when they are running behind in the kitchen and dont want the customers kicking off for waiting so I was taken aback as the restaurant was not very busy at the time - we were not looking forward to canapes, we were looking forward to our meals!
Our starters arrived about twenty minutes later and they were mostly quite nice. After that it was waiting again for staff to clear the plates and let us know when we could go up to the carvery for our main meals. A few of us had eaten very little during the day as were were looking forward to a lovely big meal so by the time we actually sat down to our meat and veg we were absolutely ravenous! The main carvery meal was absolutely delicious as was the dessert.
After our meals we were then asked if we would all like teas/coffees and we said yes and we would all be seated in the main lounge area. There was a long wait before someone came to take our tea and coffee order and 5 minutes later a different member of staff came out and had to retake the order (no idea why). It was a good 20 or 30 minutes for the teas and coffees to arrive and by then a lot of the family had had enough and couldnt wait to go. Such a shame that the waiting around is remembered more than the actual meal.

My mum has always enjoyed going here before but last week I offered to take her here for lunch and she was so annoyed about the poor service last time she chose to go somewhere else instead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear MelBridgend,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent meal in our Restaurant.

I am sincerely sorry that you experienced delays during the evening, large parties prove difficult to serve quickly and we appreciate your comments about service. We have now changed the maximum seating for large parties based on your feedback to ensure a much smoother and efficient running order.

I would like to mention that the canopies you refer to in your review is an amuse bouche that we serve every evening except a Sunday. Our regular guests look forward to the complimentary bouche as its always something quite different and quirky.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal, the carvery is always excellent here at The Parkway and I do hope you give us another try and experience a better standard of service.

Best wishes

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel and somewhere that we really enjoy. All staff we met were friendly and helpful. Our in room safe didn't work, and although we reported this to reception twice the issue wasn't resolved, We left valuables at reception when necessary. The room was very hot, fortunately, I had e mailed the hotel before our visit to ask for a fan. We were provided with an extra fan which was great. I used the pool on the Saturday morning, which was lovely. This hotel has a lovely relaxing atmosphere and we would return again without hesitation if we needed to visit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol12345,

Thank you very much for posting your review.

We are delighted that you liked our hotel and that you found your 2nd visit to be just as good as your first. Your lovely comments about our helpful staff are very much appreciated, thank you for sharing them.

We look forward welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!