We booked this resort as part of our honeymoon road trip around the east coast and couldn't have been happier.
The views from our room were incredible and we took so many pictures.
The staff were really friendly and courteous and the resort was immaculate. The breakfast was typical American fair with sausage, eggs and all the bread based products you'd like.
The facilities were great, we especially enjoyed our canoe trip and crazy golf.
I can't really think of any criticisms but in the spirit of a balanced review I'll say.....
The coffee at breakfast was a little weak....
A fantastic venue. Try and get room 128, the best views.
Oh it's only a short drive into boothbay harbour a real must see quaint harbour village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 45-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor
- Ocean Gate Resort Maine/Southport