Who says Disneyworld has to be the "Happiest Place on Earth"? The Ocean Gate Resort is MY Happiest Place! When planning our trip to Maine, I was a little nervous to book outside of my "Marriott Hotels Comfort Zone". Driving up to the resort down the very secluded and heavily wooded road, I was pleasantly surprised to find a well maintained and beautifully landscaped resort. BIG sigh of relief!
The gal in the office was extremely friendly and pleasant, and actually walked us back outside to show us how to drive to our side of the resort. I was very impressed that she didn't just draw it on our map and point "turn over there". IMPRESSIVE!
The trail to our room was a little tricky to manuever our luggage over the steps etc, but we now know to pack lighter for our return visit. Walking into our water-front room, we were both highly impressed by the VERY spacious and EXCEPTIONALY clean room. The view was superb and we couldn't take ourselves away from the private balcony. PEACE AND QUIET!
I am not a "buffet lover", but I have to say, the breakfast provided was quite nice. Everything from fruit, yogurt, 2 types of eggs, biscuits/gravy, and cereals. Plenty of choices for brekfast lovers and non!
We didn't take advantage of the on-site activities, but I am sure if you stay here for more than 2 days, they definitely are a great idea for families and such.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with local directions and ideas of things to see/do. We had no idea some of the things we were hoping to see were so close to the resort! Once you are in the resort, you feel like you're worlds away from the hustle and bustle, but you are only a short drive away from the Boothbay shopping/dining areas and a very short distance to lighthouses and a small beach.
I can not wait to bok my return trip, and I am 100% confident that I will book this resort again!
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Hotel
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor
- Ocean Gate Resort Maine/Southport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 45-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.