My husband and I spent 2 nights at this resort to relax, and it was wonderful. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Our room was waterfront with a balcony that we enjoyed relaxing on, watching the boats and birds. We even saw a few minks at the edge of the water below our balcony. We brought our own kayaks to paddle the ocean for the first time. We got to see the lobstermen work their traps as well as mussells and clams in the shallow waters in the coves. The free breakfast buffet had everything you would need. The hot tub was nice as well as the pool.
It would be nice if the resort had a restaurant as well, as we had to leave in the evening to get dinner. The resort is very close to Boothbay Harbor and the Maine Aquarium, so there is always things to see and do. Definitely would stay here again:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 45-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor
- Ocean Gate Resort Maine/Southport