We found Ocean Gate by accident 6 years ago and have been coming back ever since. The views from our rom are excellent (we always stay in the Cedar building). The grounds are beautiful. If you have children, lots of activities for them. We always go canoeing. The breakfasts are plentiful. We tried the lobster bake this year and it was wonderful. Can't say enough good words about Ocean Gate. If you are looking for a nice place with waterviews and canoeing and/or kayaking included, this is a GREAT choice. Give it a try. You will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 45-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor
- Ocean Gate Resort Maine/Southport