“A comfortable haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oak House

Oak House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruton
Oak House
Coombe Street, Bruton BA10 0EN, England   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Bruton B&B and Inns
“A comfortable haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect at Oak House and I look forward to staying there each time I visit Bruton.
The room was clean, beautiful and and quiet and the bed so comfortable that I had a very good nights sleep.
Thank you Denise for going out of your way to make me fee welcome.

• Stayed September 2013

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to Bruton for my niece's wedding last weekend and she booked us into the Oak House. Our room was lovely, very spacious with a fabulous shower. The choice at breakfast was great and there was something for everyone. Denise and Martin also catered the wedding and the food was excellent (Denise even brought some mint sauce to the wedding especially for my husband which was most appreciated!). If you need a caterer for a wedding in the Bruton/Glastonbury area and/or a place to stay then look no further.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our first stay at Oak House was nothing other than excellent, Martin & Denise were superb hosts, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious with so much choice and as much as you could eat, sets you up nicely for the day !! We have already booked to go back and can't wait, this time we are planning to stay longer as the quality and care you got from the Oak House and it's hosts was welcoming, friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was in town for a friend's wedding and he recommended Oak House. Having grown up in Bruton, I knew the building as a rather run down pub that I would sneak in and out of trying not to get caught. It is quite remarkable what the owners have done with the place.

Firstly the level of contact before my stay was very refreshing. I was sent reminder emails and indeed details of how to find the building and my room and how to get in at late hours in case I arrived when the place was unmanned.

As it happens, I did. However once I got to my room I was gobsmacked. Thorough doesn't cover it. The room was immaculate and a welcome folder of all the info you need was there including the little things that people often forget like the wifi code and local businesses. The bathroom was frankly ridiculous in terms of how spacious it was. Once again all toiletries and team and coffee making facilities were fantastic. As a final touch there was a jar of home made flapjacks with a note descirbing them. I can embarrassingly say they were gone before I went out to meet my friends.

I cannot comment on the breakfast as I was always off seeing old friends and I infact did not meet the owners until I checked out but the level of hospitality was such that I felt like I had been tucked in personally.

all in all it wasn't just a pleasant stay it was fantastic and I just hope more friends get married in Bruton so I have an excuse to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Shefford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Oak House offered us a great place to stay for a wedding that was happening nearby. The location is right in the middle of a charming and unspoiled small town, and was very accommodating for us, with a toddler.

Room Tip: We were in an en-suite room on the road side, which means slightly more noise when heat necessitates...
Denise B, Owner at Oak House, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure having you all staying with us at Oak House, Bruton. It should be noted that there is increased traffic at present on Coombe Street due to two major local roadworks that have closed two major roads and traffic has been diverted. This is usually a very quiet road.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards Denise and Martin Bottrill
devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a night in the Oak Suite on what turned out to be the hottest weekend of the year, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The suite was huge. Almost laughably big. The family could easily have lived her for months and not minded. There was a large kitchen area leading through to a lounge, two bedrooms, sizeable shower-room, a second toilet, and two large bedrooms. Three TVs, one CD player and wooden beams everywhere (possibly an issue if 5'11'' or above). All done out in a clean tidy modern inoffensive style. Nothing to not like, and space to stretch out in. Possibly a little anodyne, but that's being picky. Very nice and the kids loved it. Compared to some of the places we have made them stay at in the past, they couldn't believe their luck.

Breakfast was buffet style with food for all palates. The home made granola was great, not too sweet, and full of interesting bits. The cheeses looked superb, but I confess I'm not a great one for cheese at eight in the morning. Maybe I need to find my inner European... The kids loved the croissants and pastries, and the breads and jam selection was good. Coffee was hot plentiful and quickly brought.

The only glitch in the stay was trying to get back into the building in the evening. The main door works on a coded system, and although we had the number correct for the keypad,and the green light was flashing, the door refused to open. This led to a few frantic minutes of 'hello-ing' up to open windows above, until fortuitously a fellow guest arrived and managed to work some magic with the door. And if I was being really picky (and I can be at times) I would say that there is a lack of quirkiness or character which would elevate this to the next level, and not just leave the feeling of pleasant but make it become special.

Surrey UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Smart, clean, welcoming and professional. A great place to spend a few days. Hosts know their business inside out and do everything with a smile. Breakfast full of fresh local produce, room immaculate, huge power shower included! Looking forward to next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Oak House? Share your experiences!