“Serenely Beautiful!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lipa City
Malabon
“Serenely Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

If you need to unwind, de-stress, and detoxify, this place is for you! The Farm is serenely beautiful AND QUIET! There are a lot of nooks for you to stay in to appreciate the beauty of God's creation. :) Very friendly and helpful staff. Superb food (even if you're not a raw "foodist")! Cool activities and very nice amenities! I would definitely go back and next time i'll bring my dog with me :)
Downside: Mosquitos :(

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I and my friends got the chillax package which I think was only offered to filipino residents. It was P5000 per head and that includes overnight accomodation and three 5 course meals. For us, it was very worth it.

All three of us are food lovers. We love to eat, and this place really didn't fail to impress us. I think they plant their own veggies and fruits. Everything they served us was really satisfying, from the salads to the coffee. The tea that they served after the massage was also heavenly.

The place was really lovely, and if you are a nature lover, I think you will appreciate its lush landscapes/forest.

All 3 of us would love to come back. It was really a great experience and a wonderful way to spend with friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

The Farm is fabulous! It's a 5-star medi-spa set on a coconut plantation just outside Manila. I have tried several other spas in Asia, the United States and in Europe and this one is tops. Although it's known for its detox programs, the living food is to die for. It offers a range of fitness programs -- from meditation to yoga to abs and hip-hop class to the gym and swimming pools. The management, medical team, instructors and staff are knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend The Farm to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

A wonderful stay in the Palmera suites. The vegan food at the restaurant was fantastic and the treatments at the Spa were excellent. Jennifer the resident Manager was delightful and it was good to see a hotel manager talking to guests and made us feel so welcome. Don't expect TVs and in-room Internet, this is a place for total relaxation and the joy of not being available to the world 24/7. The staff were wonderful and thanks to the medical staff for their treatments to relieve a stress headache.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Vast, gorgeous scenery. Good healthy food. Great service. Not the usual boring hotel experience.

Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
Cascais, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Farm at San Benito in Lipa City, Batangas is a health and wellness resort NOT for everybody but for those whose aim is to improve their lifestyle through healthy R&R. This is not for business travelers or for people who loves to dine out, shop, do some karaoke or into night life. This place is for people whose ideal vacation is into health and wellness. This is my 2nd time to visit the resort and would love to return again in the future.

Its a four to five hour drive from our starting point in Fairview, QC.

The journey begins upon arrival when you would be greeted by nature through its lush coconut plantation and tropical trees here and there. There are also a lot of meditation areas/huts but remember to bring some mosquito repellant. No smoking allowed and purely vegan gourmet meals are served. You will have a wellness retreat orientation with a spa consultant who will give you recommendations during your stay. The wellness retreat that we availed consisted of a welcome buko juice, a holistic health consultation with a medical doctor, spa treatments and medical services which will include any spa treatment or medical service of choice: we chose Hilot for both of us and a colonics for my sister.

There are complimentary daily activities that you can choose from: like yoga, meditation, power walking (well this is not a place for those who have difficulty walking as the bungalows are kinda far from the reception area), trail walking, jogging, etc. We attended a yoga session, an oil of life tour (which featured the life and uses of coconuts: the tree of life- from its leaves, to the juice to making soaps and other items/products which are all available at their gift shop) and a flower arranging session. It was fun!

I asked the waitress why were the water served NOT cold and not warm either and she answered because fats inside the body "sleep" and can't travel for the body's use if the water is cold. I thought to myself, "Ouch! but....I love crystal cold water! Geee.....another habit I should unlearn. I wonder if the water they serve are alkaline or ionized water perhaps?"

I also do not like the soaps because I am not used to using soaps that doesn't have scents on them so this is a disadvantage if you are into aromatic experiences....you will only have this during your massage session .....a real aromatherapy treat! Do not leave this place without a massage therapy or a Hilot...this is one of the nicest place to get your massage. I hope they can incorporate lemon grass scents or some other herb like peppermint to their soaps. Speaking of their massage, the session was great, the techniques used were right on the areas that are stressed out especially the shoulder and neack areas. I also noticed that most 5 star hotel spas that I have visited uses massage bolsters for the legs and it really is a treat for me when I am in prone position. It's an often overlooked technique but something that is important. Another thing that I love about this place is the smell of lemongrass in their cold towels....ahhhh....so refreshing.

There are also food items which you can take home with you to continue with your healthy journey. All their items are made by hand from mainly organic ingredients, which are kept below 118 degrees during preparation as they said, to preserve the enzymes and nutrients.

Their food are very well presented, mostly are delectable and flavorful but some are bland to taste, free of dairy (even their ice cream are coconut based not milk or dairy based), without refined sugars or animal products except honey and does not contain any processed ingredients. Some meals have a strong curry flavor to it so beware if your stomach is not used to it. I do not have a sweet tooth but this place converted me I love their freshly made no-guilt ice cream and cakes! No wonder this place has been awarded several times for its healthy and flavorful culinary creations.

Food for breakfast generally consists of fruits with coconut youghurt, healthy cereals with nut milk, tofu or corn scramble. Gourmet lunch/dinner consists of an organic tea of choice: my favorite is either lemongrass or peppermint, veggies....veggies...veggies....

Reception only runs from 7 am until 10 pm so for any emergencies, you have to contact the resident doctor. During our medical consultation Doctor Jean Belen-Rosales was very accommodating and since I am not new to the wellness industry, she did not recommend anything for me except to hydrate myself more and for my sister, she recommended a colonics- so she scheduled one afterwards. Only if we have more time.....we could have opted for a 7 day wellness package. If you are trying to lose weight or want to start a healthy lifestyle then this is one definite place you should be into.

There is also coconut inside the room and it's The Farm's way of DND or the Do Not Disturb sign. Just turn the red side up and place it outside your door and housekeeping will not disturb you. Unfortunately, housekeeping do not change linens or provide any additional soaps, shampoos during our stay. It was a good thing we brought our own, so we used that instead.

We toured the Farm (using the map they gave us...and ohhh boy, you will get lost if you are geographically challenged like me) during our second day and found out that a lot are showing signs of aging especially the structure or perhaps since its already June and there are less guests around, they are also conserving?The ceiling in our bathroom are showing signs of decay. I hope that they will still be able to maintain this place as it's really beautiful with all those wooden structures. I guess that's the disadvantage when it's wood and it gets wet long enough it will really show.

All in all, The Farm is truly a medical and wellness resort that the Philippines and every Filipino should visit and get immersed into the philosophy.

• Stayed June 2010
Mannheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

unfortunately i only stayed 2 nights at 'The Farm' but it's been a once-in-a-lifetime experience. due to my work i've seen & stayed at many hotels worldwide & in asia in particular and the tranquility, peace & excellency i experienced at the Farm have certainly been outstanding. the morning yoga-sessions were a particular highlight to start the day with. one should be open & informed about the food being served at the Farm (it's all vegan food) but being a novice to that kind of diet i was utmost impressed about the creativity & high quality of the food. it's certainly been the best i've had on my trip to the philippines. i can only highly recommend this place if you're looking for tranquility & peace of mind. check it out!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!