Where do you start to write a review on such a wonderful place?!
I stayed in a Garden Villa which meant I had a kingsize 4-poster bed in a spacious room. I also had my own private garden and a covered patio with a pair of sunloungers as well as chairs. There was plenty of room in the garden had I wanted to move this garden furniture into a sunny spot. To the rear of my bedroom there was an interior toilet and wash basin however both the bath and shower were outside. Even though this is the cool season for the Philippines (January) it was still warm enough to shower outside - the water can be run hot and it is a rain shower head.
The other feature about my room I liked was the screen doors that allowed airflow rendering the airconditioner redundant.
My room was probably about the furthest from the reception, restaurant, etc so I enjoyed total peace and quiet other than the joyous sound of nature.
It also meant I had a lovely walk through the wonderful grounds of the property.
The food served in the restaurant was delicious. I knew when I booked that it would be vegan and largely following the raw food principles. Although I am an omnivore this did not put me off and I can honestly say I didn't really notice the lack of animal products on my plate. The kitchen does an amazing job of blending interesting flavours and textures. For both meals I opted to go for the set menu although never all 5 courses as that would have been too much food for me.
I participated in the yoga classes. The instructor easily accommodated the various abilities of the class, giving alternatives. Class sizes were small but that probably varies week by week. The other great thing about the class is that it is held outside but under cover with a stunning view across a small lake to the volcano.
They offer a wide range of massage treatments and alternative/holistic therapies. These are a matter of personal belief, need and taste. I was very happy with the treatment I received. The therapist was very professional and took time to explain what she would be doing and what the benefits were as well as what I should consider working on after I had left the Farm.
True to its name, they also grow their own food here at the Farm and guests are free to wander around this.
I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the Philippines’ Batangas hinterland, The Farm is likened to health nirvana. Choose between pool, garden or jungle-style accommodation before sampling our fresh, award-winning gourmet menu.Practice sunrise/sunset salutations at our lakeside amphitheatre or hit our well-equipped ‘jungle gym’. Our specialists administer complementary and integrative medical therapy within a serene environment and first-class facilities.We don’t do boot camps or subscribe to deprivation. Retreat to The Farm for nourishment and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Farm at San Benito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farm At San Benito Hotel Lipa City
- Farm At San Benito Batangas
- The Farm At San Benito Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines