“Simply beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Lipa City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Simply beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The farm is real gem and highly recommended if you have the need to repair your mind and body

Its well managed in a beautiful serene location at 800 feet above sea level so not as humid or hot as on the coast.

Its 90 minutes from Manila airport so an easy run through the often chaotic Philippine Islands

We were new to vegetarian food and it was absolutely delicious, you will not miss your old diet and you will certainly feel so much better afterwards but if you are not prepared to try please please don't go and spoil it for others by complaining about the lack of meat on the menu!

There are a number of hidden bathing pools and beautiful spots to read and be on you own or with your partner

The Healing Sanctuary is exactly that, wonderful massage and spa treatments professionally done and with real friendliness

The scenery is fabulous and wonderfully well maintained

We will return!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new Naira Rooms, fantastic!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have just returned from a very mellow and healthy New Year break at The Farm, a truly genuine holistic haven off the beaten track (but with easy access from Manila) in a lush, green setting where the air is clear and fresh and the mountains beyond inspire. It stands by its credentials with world-class spa treatments offered by the most committed and well-trained of therapists; vegan food, most of which is grown at the resort, beautifully prepared and presented (you won't go hungry and it may even change your life) and a team of managers and staff who couldn't be more friendly and helpful. There are daily yoga sessions and nature walks, as well as a gym and three tranquil swimming pools. A welcoming retreat in which to relax, rejuvenate, reflect. I will be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Where do I begin? What you are about to read is a review about the sensational, magical and powerful place called, the Farm.

I arrived at the Farm, jet lagged, exhausted from the fumes and all other things associated with working late in an intense industry in Hong Kong. I have also missed my flight on the previous night and lost my baggage. So after one and half hour of bumpy ride from the airport, I felt like I've left hell and arrived in heaven. Coming from Hong Kong, the first thing you’ll notice at the Farm is that you are immediately connected back to nature. The mango trees, the chirping birds, the pebble path, the fresh air which doesn’t smell like either rotten fish or spilt petrol. After the complimentary coconut juice they serve you, you will just let loose and start to wonder how long ago was it since you took two minutes out of your ordinary life and stood in front a palm tree and just drank juice.

After you are settled down at the Farm, your day/afternoon/night activities will begin. Activities include yoga, meditation, spa treatments, swimming, circuit training, power walking, and dancing with peacocks (optional). The most important activity to do at the Farm is to lie around and do absolutely nothing, literally. It may sound boring as you are reading this. However, once you are at the Farm, all your enzymes will be switched on to tell you, it is time to relax. So if you suffered from any kind of illnesses, a break up, a loved one passing away, the daily grind in the corporate world, or just live in a city like New York or Hong Kong. The Farm is the place to go to. Your body will naturally ease into a hibernation mode when you are at the Farm, and trust me it will thank you for letting it get as much sleep there as possible.

Apart from the environment, here is a paragraph I have written dedicated to their kitchen staff. I suffer from an illness which prohibits me from eating and drinking almost everything in this world, things like tomato, garlic, alcohol and all fruits high in acidity. Before I arrived at the Farm, I wrote a long email to them (not as long as this review), telling them what I can and cannot eat. When I arrived at the Farm, the main chef greeted me with my email and she highlighted all over my email. She said "Miss, we will redesign a completely new menu for you, we will make a special soup, special main course, even a special salad dressing – JUST FOR YOU". I have stayed at five star resorts and hotels before, but I have never experienced VIP treatments as detailed and dedicated as the Farm. When I got my food, not only it tasted fabulous, they also never forgot about a single point I wrote in the email. Never did I experience “oh oops, sorry that ingredient wasn’t supposed to go into your dish” or “you can’t eat that? We don’t remember you ever saying that?”. Also, the chef really went out of her bound to tell everyone at the kitchen who I am, by everyone I really mean EVERYONE. At one point, I would walk into the restaurant and all the staff would know I’m there and they’d know exactly what to prepare. Talk about outstanding services – the Farm really made me impressed.

Ok, this review will end very soon when I finish writing about my experience with my lost baggage. So I wrote earlier in this review/essay I lost my baggage on the way to Manila. When I arrived at the Farm, I told Jennifer, the resident manager about my situation. Because it was Christmas, all airline contact points were completely useless. Jennifer just told me, you go and relax and we will deal with it. Normally if a hotel concierge says that you know they will just slack off at the end of their shifts and tell you “sorry madam, we’ve tried but we couldn’t get through”. No, at the Farm, they really try and try and try until there is a result. So Jennifer called almost every channel possible to first locate my bag, then to track it down, then to get a driver to pick it up from Manila airport. It really feels like all the stress you had, have or might have. They have it all sorted to stop you from stressing out. So, another huge round of applause for the excellent services.

By now, you are probably sick of this long review. But, final piece of advice, go to the Farm, stay there for a few days, unwind, relax, sleep, do whatever. Please go! You will understand why I wrote an essayabout it after your trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I Stayed at the Garden Villa, which is the 3rd best room, the room was nice as it was spacious and had its own garden but the there were BED-BUGS!. RIDICULOUS! I still have marks on my chest, my arms, my legs, everywhere! BE AWARE!

One more thing, the food, oh man, it's like a REHAB for meat lovers. They torture you with bland/flavorless/tasteless food, i have had good vegetarian food, at indian weddings, in many of Vegetarian restaurants in L.A. The food here is a killer, literally, it might be organic, it might be healthy but i like to eat and enjoy flavors, be happy, not feel like a goat! Why can't they have organic chicken? organic beef? organic tofu? any kind of protein?? Anyway, if you cant imagine yourself eating grass/plants 3 times a day. Think again.

The resort itself is beautiful, from the fields, lagoon, the view of the mountain, trees. THE BED BUGS RUINED IT

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JHazenRM, Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Sung P,

Thank you for your comments. As soon as we read it, we launched an investigation. Please know that we have had many Guests stay in the same Garden Villa immediately before and after your visit. There were no such similar comments and we can assure you that we do not have bed bugs. Being environmentally friendly and organic, we do not spray any chemicals or pesticides in the Villas or on the Gardens. Hence, we do have flying insects and mosquitos. We are saddened that you were so badly bitten during your stay.

We can appreciate that our ALIVE! Cuisine isn't for everyone. It can feel like REHAB as It is organic, detoxifying, pure and free of additives & preservatives. Please know that we do offer protein alternatives such as organic tofu, nut cheeses and pates, sprouted breads etc... We do try our best to accommodate the dietary requirements of our Guests. Also, we have won numerous awards for our Cuisine. The most recent being Asia SPA Awards - SPA Cuisine of the Year 2012.

We wish you all the Best in 2013!
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My daughter who is a journalist in Australia encourage me to visit this beautiful place in my Country, The Farm at San Benito. Everyday of my stay there was perfect, the staff, the food, the peaceful environment. I met this magnificent doctor sig, who listened to all my concerns, he even invited me to visit his clinic in quezon city. he does reiki and acupuncture in his clinic too. then, i had my colema with emee, she's very gentle. i was scared at first but she made me feel so relax. i will definitely visit this place again. i am looking forward to stay in their new rooms, i thinks it's already finished by now. thank you The Farm, i will surely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked the Swingaround Package (tie-up with the Philippines Airlines) and stayed for 4D3N in the Palmera Suite.

- The room is lovely! (lovely views of the private garden through the glass windows & the bed is so comfortable)
- The pools are great! (especially loved the one at the spa with amazing views of the mountains)
- Service is excellent (I forgot to pack my swimsuit and they got someone to drive out into the city to buy one for me!)
- The spa is divine! (I had a treatment every night when I was there!)
- The restaurant (the staff, Mr Tony could remember my name & room number just after asking once. & there was even a live band performing over the weekend. As a meat-lover, I was very worried about the food but the quality of food is suprisingly good. I especially loved the salads.)
- The yoga classes were very good & the instructor Mr Bee is so patient & encouraging.
- The floral arrangement classes, oil of life tour, horticulture walks were fun & educational.
- The surroundings are beautiful (lagoons, pavilions, plantations, gardens and plenty of peacocks, goats, ducks, chickens roaming around.)

I came back totally rejuvenated & even lost 1% body fat.
My stomach is very sensitive & I tend to have constipation, indigestion, diahorrea, bloatedness very often. All symptoms miraculously gone for that few days probably because no meat (its acidic) & no dairy (i am abit lactose-intolerant).
I often have insomnia, sleeping problems then feeling tired during daytime. Over there, I sleep by 11pm as there's so many activities during the day and wake up at 7am naturally.
There's no TV but I hardly use the laptop I brought over (like half an hour or less daily).

Just go! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: I did not like the outdoor shower in the Palmera Suite as it can get chilly at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The moment you step into The Farm, you feel the serenity evolves around you. The nature that is surrounding you will immediately gives you the feeling of positive energy and a good vibe. I spent 9 days in The Farm, for a full detox & relaxing program. I've tried most of the treatments they offered. The service is astonishing and the management is down to earth and so energizing. In the first day I've been examined in the clinic and did some tests (including blood tests). These were to determine my toxicity levels and my program adjustments.

I've been Juice-fasting for 8 days and it was only possible with the help of the therapists and doctors who were always comforting and encouraging. I've lost 5kg in 9 days, 3 inch in my weist and feel great physically and mentally. I'm not grumpy, stressed, depressed or gassy anymore.

The Spa is one of (if not) the best spa I've been to; and I've been to many spas around the world. They are professional in every aspect. I had several spa treatments daily; and everyone is better than the other. There are no TVs in the rooms although I was offered one; but you wont need it if you want to get in touch with your inner self and enjoy the surroundings and walks around the farm. However there is WIFI almost everywhere around The Farm, but I encourage your to check your email as less often as possible and not get dragged into the cyber world while you're in one of the best areas in the real world.

Finally, you have to put in mind that this is a health retreat, the food here is strictly vegan and with lots of healthy juices. Its not really that difficult to give up meat for few days, actually you'll feel better without it. Also, for first timers "colema" you have to have an open mind in order to benefit from this therapy as I did.

have a pleasant stay! :)

Room Tip: I recommend going Solo or a couple seeking the same goals out of The Farm.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!