“The absolute pitts” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 31 hotels in Altinkum
ALTINKUM - TURKEY
“The absolute pitts”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was booked into First Class some 5yrs ago, and by the sounds of it nothing has changed.
Problem wih the plumbing from day one. Smell of damp from the first day there.
Changed 3 different rooms in the time there. Not much diff. in any. The bath is a death trap, need to climb into it stretching over the toilet area. water leaking over the floor after plug was outa bath. Toilet cystern not flushing. absolutely, Not cleaned properly as rubbish was on stair way from one end of week till the next. Lift broke down several times. NOT IF I were getting staying for free would I consider going here.
Been to Turkey many of holidays but this hotel is the one to AVOID.
Roadrunner N. Ireland

Room Tip: Dont ! I havent mentioned the half of it.
Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

This must be the very worst hotel anywhere in the world. Please do not try to experience for yourself. If you don't believe me, I recommend you book a back-up hotel as you will not be able to spend 5 or 7 days in the First Class Hotel Didim. The locals call it No Class Hotel..

• Stayed April 2011
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Firstly i have been to Altinkum 19 times in 8 years and have stayed at this hotel on 3 ocassions.

I have justreturned from 2 weeks in altinkum with family and friends including 2 teenagers and a 1 year old baby.

We did not on this occassion stay at the first class hotel but used their facilities evety day.

My previous stays the hotel itself was great, clean and very friendly.

On this visit we used the pool and sunbeds ate and drank there everyday. Very friendly staff especially Ilke (not sure thats how you spell it ) and Ashken, they served us around the pool. The boss man, Mehmet was also there and was great to all of us, even supplying a huge cake for a birthday that we had within our group.

Make no mistake these are great friendly people at a great hotel.

Drinks and food aroind the pool as cheap and somethings cheaper than the nearby bars and restaurants.

I will be going back in october and booking directly with the manager of the hotel as i got all the details needed while i was therre.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
FULHAM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

stayed at this hotel for a week only had meat twice that was after i complained then had chicken twice only had hot water twice our bathroom was a death trap had to climb 25 inches to get in the shower no handle to hold on to the bathroom wasnt finished ..this was the first year of all inclusive and it was RUBISH

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
kent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

the accomodation in midnight express was chique boutique compared to the cat infested festering hell hole which was fraudulantly passed off as a 4star hotel.
The days festivaties never ended, packs of marauding dogs barking ,fighting and fornicating by the pool,to the never ending sounds of gangsta rap where the lyrics consisted mainly of mother [--] over and over again.
Ferral cats roamed the entire hotel, climbing on restaurant tables,defacating at will and vomiting on the well worn carpets. The toilets near the restaurant stank of stale urine which went someway to mask the rancid smell of cat [--] and vomit. Fortunately this encouraged large swarms of flies who seemed to enjoy the food more than we did.
The staff were arrogant, ignorant abusive and intimidating and treated the hotel as if it was for there convenience. After several complaints the staff became even more hostile and following a serious asthma attack bought on by strees, and the abundance of animals we booked out early and at additional expense booked into another hotel as far away as possible. I am still at home sick .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

We stayed in this hotel at the end of September and after reading all the reviews, I have to tell I was slightly worried as I booked this holiday for 15 people ranging in age from 10 months to late 50's.
My husband and I are quite well travelled so I knew paying £280 for all inclusive was not going to get us the Ritz!!
We had 7 rooms in total for the whole group and yes they were very basic, but comfortable enough, if anything they could do with improving the bathrooms.
As for the food again it was basic, mainly salads and differrent variations of meatballs/kofta for lunch and different chicken dishes for dinner. As such a large group with extremly different tastes we did not go hungry!!
Drinks were not a problem, the kids could get as much coke, fanta, lemonade as they liked and the adults didn't have a problem with the Lager or Wine that was offered but be warned hardly any spirits are included!
The location of the hotel is great if you want to go shopping or down to the local bars/restaurants, the only problem was if you were at the front of the hotel as there are bars underneath the hotel which play music until the early hours!

Overall 15 of us had a fantasic holiday staying in this hotel, the only thing that let it down was the amount of people moaning that is was basic and if your paying under £300 for all inclusive, it's going to be!!

• Stayed September 2009
derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

My partner and I have just come back from a week at this hotel we paid £50 each all inclusive so we went knowing we weren't going to the Ritz. I have to say the rooms were a bit tired but weren't a bad size and had everything you could need, the pool area was great it was big with plenty of sunbeds (pool could maybe do with cleaning a bit more often but we were at the end of the season), the food was very Turkish and not a lot of choice - breakfast was boiled eggs, toast, cold meats and cheese and fruit, dinner was rice, meat,chips, pasta or a lovely selecetion of salad, and evening meal was pretty much the same but with soup. I have to say that although there was not a lot of choice what was there was beautifully cooked and really tasty. The drinks on the all inclusive were really limited beer, raki, vodka, gin, wine and soft drinks and that was about it, my partner had a local brandy and got charged £5!!! All in all we enjoyed staying here and we thought it was 100% value for money, if you get a cheap deal then go. I would like to say also that if you have mobillity problems the baths are a real challenge so I would recommend you stay away and also theres nothing in the hotel at all for kids so I would avoid it with them also, oh yeah and take earplugs as barking dogs are on from about 4am till you get up we were at the back of the hotel and even we heard them.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel First Class? Share your experiences!