My partner & I have just spent 9 nites at the Rarotongan -our first visit to the Cook Islands. The resort is a little tired but never the less was an enjoyable experience & if we returned would probably stay again. The beach is lovely with awesome snorkelling, I feel, better than the snorkelling tour we went on, as it is shallow in the lagoon & there were so many varieties of fish to see. Staff were pleasant & always ready to help. Our room was the perfect location -close to the beach, pool, restaurant, & reception. We were kindly offered a free upgrade to the Sanctuary ( accepted of course) so tasted both sides of the resort.Thumbs up for the daily activities newsletters placed under the door each day. Not a lot of dining options on site, but value for money OK, drinks very reasonably priced. There were a few downsides to our stay ( not enough to affect our holiday, but little details which maybe require attention by management).
1- ATM did not work at all during our stay. 2- only 2 guest washing machines located at opposite ends of the complex, so when one breaks down ( as the one near us did & still broken 2 days later ) you have to walk the length of the resort to use the other one 3- at least 4 machines in the games room didn't work 4- Ice machines didn't work. 5- cold water to wash my hair at the hair stylist. ( would not agree with the "expert" title 6- The Ginger Garden restaurant which appears in all the printed info in rooms does not appear to exist. ( Website needs to be updated).
The Resort has a "good feel" & I would like to mention especially the Blue Water Grill restaurant at the Sanctuary for it's wonderful menu & fantastic, well presented food. Great service by the friendly staff. Well priced too, but make sure you apply insect repellant before going.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach