Last year we stayed at the sanctuary where my fiancé proposed to me out the front on the hammocks. So this year when we went to Rarotonga we decided to return to the sanctuary for an evening to buy a bottle of wine to drink on the hammock and watch the sun go down, celebrating a year being engaged where my fiancé proposed, but this was all crushed. When we went to the bar we were told that the area was only for guests, which i know isn't true or isn't enforced usually as i have seen many of my friends photos visiting that area before! I understand that there is certain rules but this was a special occasion we were past guests willing to spend money! We were made to feel very very unwelcome, the lady was sooo rude we will never be returning to this resort again! which now means we never and will never be able to return to the spot we got engaged it is very heart breaking, it seems that the service hasn't improved at all since the time we had stayed, the mood of the place was still dark and gloomy not inviting at all! After staying at another location up the road and having amazing service i know its possible to get honest friendly welcoming service, just NOT at the sanctuary!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach