My partner and I stayed at Sanctuary Rarotonga on the Beach in April 2012 and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. As the Sanctuary is for adults only, we found it to be peaceful and it offered us the privacy we wanted and lots of activities as well such as kayaking, snorkelling etc. The resort shares facilities with its neighbour the Rarotongan; guests from the Sanctuary are able to use all of their areas and restaurants etc, but those staying in the Rarotongan are not allowed access into the Santcuary, so it does indeed allow a degree of exclusiveness and tranquility. There is a private beach which is only available to guests, the beach and lagoon are gentle and inviting and very safe for water activities. There is a budget car and scooter hire establishment across the road and this allows for easy transport around the island. There is a wonderful tropical breakfast offered in the mornings, all the fresh fruit of the island and for lunch and evening dining the restaurant provides wonderful cuisine. The swim up bar is lovely to relax in and enjoy a cocktail or three! We found the staff there to be extremely friendly and catered to all of our needs with a smile always. The Sanctuary is very relaxed and offers calm and thoughtful service. We recommend taking in some of the activities the resort has to offer, we enjoyed the Island Night concert and barbeque immensely. We have organised to come back again next April we enjoyed our time so much. Enjoy your experience :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach