We stayed at Palm Grove Resort and upgraded to a beach bungalow which was great. We had air conditioning in the room which is a must in our view. We were very happy with our room and our setting and our beach was one of the nicer beaches we have been to for both swimming and snorkelling. The downside of our bungalow was that the road ran directly behind it. (Picture this.....the beach bungalows (air conditioned) and matenga bungalows (non-air conditioned) were on the beach side of the road.....the other accommodation, the very small pool and The Yellow Hibiscus Restaurant, office etc was on the other). At certain times of the day, ie. when the locals are going to/from work, the traffic can actually get quite noisy.
The Yellow Hibiscus Restaurant in the resort actually had reasonable food, however, one of the female staff in particular did not seem to want us (ourselves and 2 friends) to have an on-going dining experience, eg. "Do you want anything else?" instead of actually offering us the desert menu. What's more the music was blasting and it was teenage music. We actually didn't venture back to the restaurant after that - it definitely does not have that X-Factor.
We did dine at the TAMARIND HOUSE however which had great food, great setting, great service and we would go back there.
We also dined at THE LITTLE POLYNESIAN for a lunch and returned for our final dinner in Rarotonga. Amazing presentation, very classy food, awesome service, real ambience, fine wine.....what more can I say! And it wasn't even overly expensive either!
In closing we probably won't return to Palm Grove, although as I said earlier, the bungalows and beach setting are great and not too expensive.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Hotel
- Palm Grove Rarotonga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.