We enjoyed our stay Dec. 17-Dec 26, 2012 at Palm Grove in B10, one of the 4
We loved how private the deck was with some vegetation between and us
and the beach but with views of the water too.
No chickens and roosters on this side of the road so quieter than garden
Clean, stocked with basics, not like renting a condo in Hawaii etc.
Air conditioner and fan, lots of ventilation
o Beach- nice sand, hardly anyone on beach, loved snorkeling from the
beach – easy, good range of fish, no need to go into deep Fun water
Yellow Hibiscus Restaurant
o Breakfast was included, not fancy but fine- fresh fruit, cold cereals,
juices, tea, coffee, toast, occasionally muffins/scones & some canned
fruit. More choice if you arrive close to 8 am.
o Dinner- loved the wahoo (fish) in curry coconut sauce, paw paw
o Christmas dinner buffet – excellent value & variety
Joanne, Kura and Lucie (?) in the office helpful
Fun to bomb around on scooter rented through office
Handy to have laundry on site
Only real negative- guest bbq not well maintained, grease fire
If maids don’t do full servicing ask them or the office as it expected
Easy to get groceries at Wigmore, s grocery
Nearby enjoyed –Vaima restaurant, Highland Paradise Cultural Centre
Island Night, Marie Nui Gardens, Site/ Orientation Tour, Takitumu
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.