My husband and I have just returned from a trip to Rarotonga and we stayed at Palm Grove for two weeks in Jan/Feb over the holiday period. We really enjoyed our garden view self contained bungalow as we found it to be very comfortable, with privacy assured due to the lush dense tropical garden in the space between them, you didn't feel like you were staying right next door to someone else. These excellent self contained units were very spacious inside and had split system air conditioners, a must for excessively humid weather, especially at night.
The management were lovely to us and were available to help when ever we needed it. We found one member of staff whose customer service skills could have done with a little upgrade and wasn't particularly helpful when it came to asking for information.. We asked her if we could have a late checkout as our flight left at 0100 the following day. She told us we would have to pay an extra $75 which we agreed. When we came to settle our account, a different member of staff told us that we had already paid for it when we booked the actual accomodation, there was also another issue we had as well. Although she did recommend some good tours for us. A little help can go a long way. The staff in the restaurant and housekeeping were lovely and overall we had a lovely relaxing time. Although we found customer service was much better when we visited the Rarotonga Resort and the Pacific, Palm Grove is a lovely place to stay and would certainly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands