I am glad I went during off-peak season (early Feb 2014) and my boyfriend & I had the main pool to ourselves throughout the entire stay. Bali Khama has the best service staff. All their staff greeted us whenever we passed them by, and they were very friendly and always eager to help. They were fluent in English too, which I really appreciate. As I planned to have a surprise candlelight dinner during my stay, the receptionist even exercised discretion and kept the surprise from my boyfriend. Needless to say, the dinner was fantastic, setup was excellent, service was prompt, and two of their staff even sang a birthday song :) We even had a good laugh together when they struggled to light the candle due to the strong winds. Service is truly impeccable.
There are many restaurants across the road from the hotel, so we had many choices. Food there is cheaper than the resort. ATM/money changer is approx 7 mins walk away. The traffic is not as heavy as Seminyak and Kuta. Noise pollution is lower too.
Room: Our deluxe room was clean. Maybe I am wrong and don't know any better, but personally I thought that it is a little old. Our bed creaked at every movement and parquet flooring was peeling a little (almost tripped a few times). Also want to highlight that the room does not have a vanity area for vain women (like me) who needs proper lighting & mirror to doll up. An extra mirror in the bedroom + some white light would be great. Didn't have problems with mosquitoes. Towels and bedsheets are stained but I know that they have been washed because of the strong detergent smell. The water from the tap had a pungent smell but it went away after letting the water run for a while.
Breakfast: selection was great! I really liked that they have a hot station. The cook prepared eggs and pancakes for me everyday. I didn't dare to use their table napkins though, because they have been placed overnight and it was a bit damp due to the sea breeze. There were some ants too but that's really normal with the trees and plants.
Pool: Water was clean, but the sides and bottom of the pool may need more cleaning. The algae on the concrete of the side of the pool was a bit slippery and I almost slipped.Can't imagine if it was an elderly or young kid.
Beach: The resort has a private beach, thus there weren't any touting. Many water sports going on approx 300metres down the beach as there is a water sports centre. Not much noise pollution though, or maybe because it's off-peak season. The sand isn't white and soft and the beach was nothing fantastic, but it didn't really matter since we were by the pool facing the sea everyday. I got some sandfly bites after walking on the sand, but my boyfriend didn't get any so I guess I am unlucky.
Overall, it was a great experience and the resort is definitely a place to go back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bali Khama Resort and Spa presents 24 private pool villas, 10 studio suites and 26 deluxe garden. Sit back and enjoy seafood medley at our beach front located Amarta Restaurant. Relax and refresh your body at Mahalaya Spa. Enjoy the sun at our pool with pool bar. A multi-function meeting room designed for leisure meeting. The Bali Khama Resort and Spa located in Tanjung Benoa which is famous for water sports activities. 30 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport and we have pick up service with additional charge. 10 minutes drive to Bali Collection Mal at Nusa Dua and there shuttle service with fixed schedule. It's just 35 minutes drive to Uluwatu Temple and 25 minutes to Garuda Wisnu Kencana and Jimbaran. By walking you can find many local restaurant and shop around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bali Khama Beach Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- The Bali Khama Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Khama Beach Hotel
- The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa Tanjung Benoa