We write to you from the lobby of The Oasis Beach Hotel in Benoa, Bali.
We're on the fourth day of hour honeymoon in Bali and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so far!! Upon our decision to get accommodation down at the beach we were both very excited as we have spent the last few days in the bustling village cente of Kuta and looked forward to some relaxation at the beach.
Get to the hotel, room is not ready!
We just got back from water sports and were allowed to change in the spa on the top floor, all the equipment was so tattered and torn and we hoped that our rooms were nothing alike it.
Went out of the hotel for lunch returned and was pleased to find our luggage had been placed in the room.
I will summarize everything after that in point forms and pics are to follow as well:
-Stinks with Moth balls and the smell of "old"
-Flooring looks like a run down hospital
-Bed is inadeqautely dressed and sunken in the middle.
-The furniture was dated, worn out, and patched up too much.
-wall paint peeled from every corner.
-windows were dirty with water marks(understandable because of the sea) but the curtains look like they have never ever ever been washed, dusted or cleaned.
-BATHROOM:( Mildew on the walls between the tiles, on the shower floor, the toilet had brown stains on the flushing outlets, the mirror had chips and rust behind it! The taps were scratched so badly that the entire nozzle was a brass like colour!
-The designer of this place, smoked his socks or was instructed to be REALLY cheap, terrible decor(Browns, creams and whites with blue for a bit of "flare")
- The outlet vent for the rooms air conditioner was 1 m away from the entrance/exit to/from the room so whenever you used the aircon, you'd step out into a puddle of water #Cheap
-Had to get a drink from the bar after seeing that, went down to the bar and found the the bartender doesn't know how to mix a Long Island Ice Tea, got a cup full of Tequila instead.
Needless to say, we're leaving straight after I post this review, using The Oasis' free wifi first #SmallVictory
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Boutique Beach Resort is a stunning and contemporary designed beach front resort set on idyllic beach of Tanjung Benoa area, only 20 minutes away from Ngurah Rai International Airport on the southern coast of Bali, a few minutes' walk to water sports activities and a few minutes' drive to Bali Collection Shopping Mall and Golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Oasis Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oasis Beach Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Oasis Boutique Beach Hotel
- Hotel Oasis Boutique Beach
- The Oasis Beach Bali/Tanjung Benoa