“Amazing, high quality hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Amazing, high quality hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed with my wife for 10 nights in August. This really is one of the best hotels we have stayed at, the whole place has a spa, relaxing feel about it and as has been stated here so many times, the helpfulness and attentiveness of the staff is second to none
We booked a club lounge room which made the stay even more special; the staff treated us like royalty. There have been a number of comments on this thread regarding the cost of drinks (although coming from London, we didn't find things anymore expensive) but the club lounge with its evening cocktail service was definitely worth the price. Food, pools, spa and services were all top class, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

A wonderful place for a family holiday, anything better is hard to find!

The staff are courtious and friendly.
The service is exceptional
The food is always very very good
The pools are amazing
The resort is heaven on earth!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

The staff at this hotel are great. They are organised, helpful and pleasant. This is a modern resort. Everything worked and was of great quality. Everything was very nice but we found that it lacked charm. It was too open and clean cut for our liking. The pool was cold and they told me that men and women could not enjoy the jacuzzi together. The beach was plain. If you want to be excited about a hotel and feel like a king or queen go to the Ayana.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I should preface this review by pointing out that I have a bias against big American hotel chains in places like Bali, where a big part of the appeal for me is getting a sense of the local culture, not some cheesy, b*stardized version of it that has been packaged for the amusement of the hotel guests. I also tend to prefer getting out of the hotel and going to smaller stand alone restaurants and bars, and to be crystal clear, if this is your scene, you should forget about Nusa Dua and head over the Seminyak and stay at the Legian Hotel, which is outstanding. That said, if Nusa Dua is the destination of choice, and big hotel chains are the preference, I must say that I was very impressed by the Conrad.

The rooms we stayed in, in the main wing, were good, clean and new, rather than outstanding, but for the relatively modest rate, it is very difficult to find fault. The pool facilities are really nice, with both a big standard rectangular pool, and an extensive lagoon type thing going around the hotel. For kids (and we were with 5 kids ranging from 2 to 10) the facilities are great, with a decent kids club, and a variety of activities to keep them occupied. The gym wa small but clean and well equipped.

The restaurants were good, particularly the breakfast buffet, and also a big relief to parents is that there is a separate kids area where hotel staff sit and baby sit small kids so their parents can get a break. The restaurant down on the beach for lunch has a really nice feeling to it and decent food. I was less thrilled with the dinner options. The food in the main restaurant was ok, nothing too offensive, but the floor "show," which at one point involved fire dancers twirling torches to disco music, was an absolute disgrace. The Japanese restaurant was also overpriced and bad.

Overall, I would go back to the hotel. I would suggest checking out the newer wing, which I hear has nicer rooms, although none of the rooms connect, so probably not appropriate for people with small kids.

Anyway, hope this is helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

The Conrad at the Nusa Dua peninsula has achieved something rarely seen in the hospitality industry - superior team performance that exceeds customer expectations. The hotel is exceptionally well run and each member of staff is passionate about the customer. The team members know that it's the customer who is paying their salary, and that repeat business is their aim. Even when they're busy, the staff allows themselves time to chat with guests, and I was often asked if there's anything else that can be done to make my stay more enjoyable. They show creativity and initiative, it's probably the most impressive I've experienced in over 20 years of travel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I just spent a relaxing week at the Conrad with my spouse and 3 young children.

The Good: They have lovely "Bales" that are raised platforms with shading and have comfy cushions that face the sea. The staff are lovely and friendly. You can easily hire jet skis, bicycles, go on banana rides etc. The accommodation is very nice; we had a sea view suite and connecting room and both were very clean and nicely decorated. We were given plates of fruit for the room every day which was also a nice touch. Room service was very quick. The restaurant on the beach (8 degrees I think) was very good, serving delicious seafood.

The Not so good: Breakfast times were slightly stressful for us due to the breakfast staff; they are undoubtedly very friendly but seem to lack training. No one seems to have allotted tables of responsibility, which leads to requests not being fulfilled etc. An example of this would be our daily need for a high chair. We found that the person we asked would disappear then would reappear doing something entirely unrelated. When reminded about our need for a chair they would say that someone was getting it for us...this never actually happened and so I would often go hunting for one myself after 10 minutes. Maybe I am spoiled - even at second rate US restaurants, the wait staff are trained to immediately pour ice water for everyone and take drinks orders. We spent our time trying to get the attention of the staff and no one seemed clear on what they should actually be doing. There were many instances of the wait staff not really understanding; one evening they brought my 3 year old chicken tandoori when we asked for chicken nuggets - I had asked for rice instead of french fries. When they finally brought my daughters nuggets, she was so tired, I didn't have the heart to remind them that i had actually requested rice with the nuggets.
My only other problem came when my husband booked dinner at Spice one night for the two of us. On trying to find the restaurant we were informed that it had become part of another restaurant in the hotel and that we should go there. We got there to find that the food was Japanese and that the menu changes to include Spice were ridiculous. I had not wanted a Japanese meal and should have been told that Spice no longer existed. Spice is still described in hotel literature and they still take reservations for it but it doesn't exist. Saying that it has merged with another restaurant is ridiculous and makes no sense. Making minor changes to another restaurant menu does not come close to justifying the hotel's claims. We were not the only hotel guests who found this annoying.

All in all, the Conrad is a lovely hotel. It is aesthetically pleasing and has a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurants are few so I would recommend venturing outside for some variety. Despite the hotel being at 95% capacity, the kiddies club only had four kids in it (2 of which were mine). This was fine for my 3 year old but my 5 year old son got a bit bored being entertained by the ladies. One main reason for picking the Conrad was the kiddies club but you should be aware that it will only keep them engaged for a few hours at most. My kids loved the face painting and one day they made very cool kites which they flew for much of the afternoon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Returned to the Conrad for a second stay. We stayed 5 nights. This is now our favourite hotel! The rooms are fantastic - we had connecting rooms - the breakfast buffet is great. The hotel was crowded because of a conference, but the staff were patient and well trained. The in-house spa - Jiwa Spa - is convenient. We play tennis, used the gym, and basically hung out at the hotel during the day. I would recommend eating dinner at Bumbu Bali (they pick you up from the hotel; best dinner in Bali), Made's Warung (Seminyak), Queen's Tandoor (Seminyak) - must try their flaming brownie, and possibly a seafood dinner along Jimbaran beach (tourist trap, but it's an experience).

We hired the car at the Conrad for day trips to Ubud and to the shopping malls (my mum and son were thrilled). Our driver at the Conrad was a transport staff called "Yusa". He was great - quiet and efficient. You should also try the Babi Guling in Ubud, if you arrive at the right time. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!