“Great beach location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Perth, Australia
“Great beach location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Beautiful beach side location. Pool area large with great service, you get your own water, glasses and mister. Poolside food outlets need more shaded areas as all tables are in the sun. Towels on lounges are a problem when not being used just reserved. Rooms are a good size with a nice balcony overlooking pool areas. Beach restaurant was delightful though expensive, staff here very good. Club lounge breakfast was good and evening drinks plentiful with nice canapes. Wifi throughout hotel was shocking and when needed for business although on holidays made communication extremely difficult and problematic. Considering the standard you would expect from a Conrad hotel and given the Novotel just down the road has outstanding, free wifi everywhere including rooms!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradBaliManager, Director of Business Development at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jane-Bruce-P,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious room, scrumptious quality food and service provided by the staff. Currently we offered Wifi at the hotel’s lobby, Conrad Suites room type and Conrad Suites Lounge. Internet service is also provided at our business center for the convenience of our guests free of charge. Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Business Development

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If there was an option for an extra star I would choose it. My wife & I have just returned from Bali and spent 4 nights in the Conrad. We had an amazing time, the hotel is very big but a pleasure to walk around. As we are Gold members of HHonors we were given access to the Club Lounge with afternoon tea from 3-5, beautiful juices, sandwiches & deserts. From 5-7 we were given free choice of wine, beer & cocktails- all of which were fantastic!
The pool in the hotel is amazing, covers alot of the grounds and looks right out onto the beach. Cold bottled water is free at the pool which is a nice touch, the staff also hand out cold towels & fresh fruit which is welcome in the heat.
The staff were very friendly and helpful in arranging tours/taxis etc.
We ate in all of the restaurants in the hotel and loved them all. We were only sad to check out and look forward to returning again.
The bed was so soft and difficult to get out of even for 11am for breakfast!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Room if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jasonmac3,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your kind review and I hope to see you again soon.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am half way through my stay here, am so disappointed and unsatisfied in this hotel, never been to a worse hotel in my life and I have travelled the world. The problem with this hotel is you feel like they are constantly supervising you, you don't feel pampered at all, let me explain. First off we arrived at 4pm went to check in, I don't have a credit card so ask the receptionist how much cash should I keep as a deposit, since that's what I do in every other hotel I have stayed in, she directly informed me that I must pay the whole stay upfront, I got the feeling that they were worried I would run away without paying even though they took copies of our passports. Then they informed us they don't have WiFi in the rooms ( another important point very stingy hotel.) They then made us wait 3 hours for someone to clean our room. She we finally got to our room,it was no where close to a five star, more like a 4 star at best, but I have to say the hotel is well maintained and clean. So took my wife to dinner in one of the hotel restaurants, ate dinner which was good went to my room, and received a call from the restaurant, it was the waiter who informed me that since I didn't leave a credit card at the reception I must settle my bill imediatly, (don't forget I am paying 400 dollars a night and I payed total amount up front) so I told the waiter if he thought I was gonna run away for 40 dollars. I then called the superviser who then gave me the usual speech about there policy bla bla bla, instead of just saying we are scared you will rub away without paying. Now lets talk about how pricey this place is, I am on the hotel beach for the moment ordered lemon squash, the brought me lemon with syrup so told him to return it and get me a fresh one which he did, guess how much my bill was 8 USD for soda and syrup, the always cut corners as well in this hotel, breakfast juice is not fresh, papaya juice is fresh but they mix it with water etc etc. If you sit at the beach you will get these annoying men who keep harassing you to ride jet skis not very 5 star. Basically stingy, overpriced, lack of organization, at best 3 star rooms and service, you don't feel pampered not worth the money, managment always acting like smart a..es. would never stay here again. And please Gm of Conrad Bali no need to answer this review not interested in excuses or you trying to justify how your sorry about my experience etc.....ps. I have stayed in Bali for 3 weeks all my reviews of every other hotel where 5 star except this one, read my review about viceroy ubud, or disini seminyak ...

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Samoahmad,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience. We appreciate your honest feedback and it is unfortunate to hear that you and your partner stay were not up to your expectations. Please allow me to apology on behalf of the team for your disappointment and service lapses you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured, we will always do our best to resolve any problems while guests are in the resort with us and we pay great attention to ensure that all guests are treated equally. Please send us an email to: info@conradbali.com so that we may further discuss issues which you encountered during your last visit. We look forward to hearing from you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We loved our stay at Conrad Bali. Infact, im writing this from the Intercontinental in Jimbaren Bay and wish we didnt move!

Gold Hhonors so received room upgrade = Albina on front desk did her best to accommodate us - traveling with 2 small kids, we recieved an awesome suite upgrade on the ground floor.

Hilton / Conrad have absolutely nailed Bali hospitality here. Staff are beautiful, kids club was great - our 2 year old loved it and enjoyed the nanny service.

Hanging to get back there - especially after a nightmare ordeal here at the Intercontinental.

Hot tip : Kendi Kuning Restaurant - 2k's down the road for the best food you'l get and cheap, run by an aussie - the tuna is amazing. right on the beach.

Room Tip: Ground floor - next time we will go Conrad Suite area.
Dear Ben A,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Albina know she contributed to your family one-of-a-kind experience. We hope to see you and your family soon.

Livingstone, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad some time back and this hotel honestly rates as one of the best I have experienced and most certainly in Bali. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are a haven from the heat and the wrap-around swimming pool along the hotel / oceanfront is great. When you relax in the lazy beds, a staff member quickly rushes over with lotus facespray, bottled water, cool towels, you feel like royalty! Beach was clean, ocean not too inviting but it rarely is in Bali. Fantastic stay, would absolutely recommend the Conrad and have done so already.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, the apartments are exquisite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear RobynD83,

Thank you for your kind review and recommending us. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for staying at the Conrad Bali, and I hope to see you again soon.

Ch4p
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was our 3rd and final hotel during a 2 week vacation, and all 3 were good quality, two 5 star and a 4 star in Seminyak. The conrad was no better than the others but the cost once you were there was through the roof in comparison. By the time you had put on your tax and service charge we were paying $8 for a small bintang! Compared to $3.50 in our first hotel and less than $6 in the Marriott around the corner. Also this is the first hotel in years where wi-fi was not free throughout the hotel, and we refused to pay out of principle. Nice big rooms, nice pool, friendly service but we along with many others felt over charged, in fact we made friends and all of us went outside the hotel every evening for that reason, and the hotel was dead at night, so everyone was doing the same!

Room Tip: we had a deluxe family room with adjoining room for our kids, very spacious
Dear Ch4p,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our spacious Deluxe Family room, 24-hours swimming pool and service provided by the staff.

Thank you for letting us knows your thoughts about our beverage price. On certain hours, We have an on-going promotion at Azure Bar and East Bar where guests could enjoy two drinks with the price of one. Other than that, for family travelers; kids below 12 years old could enjoy complimentary meals from Kids Menu when parents are dining along. It is ashamed that these two benefits were not highlighted to you during your stay. Alternatively, you and your family could enjoy our exquisite Conrad Suites room type. Conrad Suites room type provide complimentary WiFi inside suite and Conrad Suites Lounge, complimentary afternoon tea and evening cocktail which I am sure you will enjoy.

Please rest assured that we are committed to providing our guests with the best quality of products and service possible. Your feedback helps us to maintain that quality, and we appreciate you letting us know your thoughts .

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Conrad is such an amazing hotel to stay in the staff are very helpful and friendly.. The pools and their facilities are just amazing my family and I had such a great Holiday, I would recommend it to anyone to try for themselves.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Claudia P,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your positive comments, and I hope to see you again soon.

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!