“Friendly staff, beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Denver, Colorado
“Friendly staff, beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Conrad for five nights at the start of our honeymoon. The interior of the property is a bit dated and the rooms could use a bit of updating but the pool was spectacular and the view can't be beat. We did not have breakfast included but ordered breakfast and ate on our patio every day. The staff was really friendly and helpful-- when we did not get our luggage, they tried to call the airline to track things down. The downside is that the hotel did not feel particularly special or Balinese, and that it was really crowded with families. The hotel corridors are also quite loud and echo so we often were awoken by noise early in the morning. We ate at the hotel restaurants and the food was ok but overpriced-- better to head to a restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main hallways/elevators and one that opens out onto the gardens or pool...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Ismobile7,

Thank you for you for your comments from your current stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and benefited from our 24-hour pool, the view and our friendly staff. With respect to value, we provide a wide range of options at our restaurants but it can depend on one's selection or tastes. We are confident that there are plenty of options which are reasonably priced. Feedback such as yours is however important and our team will keep on developing new dining options for which value will be an important focus. I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest.

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Conrad in Bali since I was a little boy. My extended family and I go to Bali for our Summer and New Year trips and we've always stayed at the Conrad in Nusa Dua. How many times we've been there? Can't exactly say.

Each time we come to the Conrad we request for the exact same thing, one pool entry suite for my grandparents, and approximately 5 deluxe rooms for us grandchildren and our uncles and aunts. To our surprise, after everything having been confirmed before, we arrive to all of our rooms to not being ready, as well as the suite was unavailable for my grandparents. Knowing that previously we have always been treated with excellent service, we tried not to let that get in the way of our holiday. Our grandparents were content with staying in another deluxe room as well, and we all waited for our rooms to be ready. One hour and a bit later, we are told that only three rooms are ready. Again, we allowed it. After settling in the three rooms, we head to the pool to do the same activities as we normally do until dinner where we all meet in one room. We hoped that all rooms would be ready then. Thankfully, it was. But the deluxe room that my grandparents were staying in had leaks on the room, and water started coming in. Obviously, we asked for a transfer. Definitely, not the optimal start we had to our highly anticipated trip to Bali.

The breakfast has lost its bite, its freshness, the quality that made it one of my favorite breakfast buffets in Bali. No longer are there anything new, the same noodle soup section, eggs, cold cut meats, cereal and bread. Nothing new, nothing fresh. We ask for a round of orange juice for the table as usually the staff offer for a beverage. The waiter responded with, if you want juice, you can find it at the juice section over there. Terrific.

For their so called free internet at the guest lobby, the connection was incredibly slow that my iphone had quicker loading speed. In a hotel as luxurious as this, that has been opened for quite some time, isn't it necessary to give complimentary internet nowadays? Instead of having to hike from guests rooms three buildings over, to find crappy internet at the lobby anyway.

Three days later we relocated to the Intercontinental in Jimbaran, we just might relocate our family trips there, because at a similar - if not cheaper price, we get quality service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Milo W,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience. As a world-class resort, we continually endeavor to deliver an exemplary service experience to all our guests. We appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for having brought these issues to our attention.

Please allow me to apology on behalf of the team for your disappointment in the service lapses you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured, we will always do our best to resolve any problems while guests are in the resort with us and we pay great attention to ensure that all guests are treated equally.

The management and the team are fully dedicated to always focus on growing the resort, of which feedback such as the above certainly plays an instrumental part of that process – so I once again take the opportunity to thank you for spending the time to provide your constructive comments.

Please send us an email to: info@conradbali.com so that we may further discuss your experience which you encountered during your last visit. We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving the matter because your loyalty is very important to us.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first visit to the Conrad Bali and ... Wow !

Where do I start ...
The grounds are open, expansive and beautifully manicured;
The pools and lagoons stretch across the front half of the property providing a myriad of options for those who like to swim, play, relax or explore as they wind under bridges ending at either end at two sand beach areas ideal for children.
The rooms were spotless and decorated in a minimalist, but tasteful fashion.
The food was stunning ... the prices are on the high side for Bali, but the quality made it worth paying a little extra (if only they would move with the growing trend and publish prices INCLUSIVE of tax and service charge).

We had a wonderful week at the Conrad and will definitely try to get back there. The local restaurant scene was a little scant - largely because they are redoing the road outside and it wasn't exactly conducive to pushing a stroller. However, there are a couple of gems nearby and the main Nusa Dua stretch of restaurants is only max 25000 irp away ($2.50).

Room Tip: The rooms North of the pool are best at the moment as there is a hotel being built immediately South...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Bradbox,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your kind review, and I hope to see you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Bali three times with my fiancé, we stay in Conrad every single time as we really enjoy the view, the food, the relaxed atmosphere and the wide range of water sports that there is to offer(trolling and snorkelling one day trip is really nice). This time was really special for us as we held our wedding ceremony there in Conrad's Infinity Chapel. Just before my weeding day, we came across some family issue that made me really nervous and helpless, so we went to the hotel's concierge for help. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much because we tried in our own ways and there is not much hope in solving the problem. But I was so lucky that I spoke to Anna that day. When she found out about our problem, she started giving us all sorts of suggestions and made phone calls for us all afternoon. She then introduced Mr Yu Leong to us as being the director, he has more authority in helping us solving the problem. Mr Leong was so kind and caring that for the next two days, he had his team all working on our issue, and he had put in so much effort in making things possible for us. In the end, the problem was solved perfectly, we were so deeply touched, as if it weren't for them, it could never be solved. We would forever be grateful for what they have done for us, and Conrad would always be our first choice when going to Bali, as we know that they had staff that are so caring that they become like family to you. Thank you Mr Leong and Anna, you've made our trip so much to remember.

Dear Shuqi C,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali and sharing pictures of your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Anna and Mr Leong know that they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. We look forward to extending our unique Balinese hospitality to you and your husband when you return for another holiday to Bali. Thank you once again for your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We chose the Conrad Bali for our honeymoon and were very glad we did. In comparrison to all of the other hotels in NusaDua / Benoa we throught it was by far the best after looking around the otherrs whilst there. The hotel is great, especially if you are in one of the Conrad Suite's with all the extras that enatails. Staff are very friendly and helpful. If you are going to Bali you should definitely stay here!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Patrick G,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you and your family appreciated Conrad Suites privileges and its facilities. I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at Conrad for 2 nights each and arrived with high expectations, however our stay was disappointing.

Pros:
Great service from staff, except we were directed to a wrong room upon check in. Generally staff were knowledgable and obliging.
Huge pool, never felt crowded.
Resort was rather empty when we stayed.
Very pleasant surroundings. The sea is rather muddy, but the landscaping and beach areas were beautiful.

Cons:
We got a room on the ground floor facing the gardens and pool. There were ants crawling everywhere, including the bed. We also ended up with numerous mosquito bites that swelled for days.
A nail fell from the ceiling, which I assume it was from the speaker outside the bathroom with one nail missing, and almost hit my head. It landed on my hand which had a slight scrape.
Bathtub had black marks in it. Shower area was grimy and smelled. We also came across other guests who complained about the bathrooms.
The food at Suku, the coffee house, was too expensive. The portions were tiny.
Few restaurants surrounding the hotel. Be prepared to pay or take a taxi elsewhere.

We will not stay again in future.

Dear bly76,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. We are naturally disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapses you experienced during your family vacation.

Thank you for your feedback, we are grateful that you decide to inform us of our shortcomings. I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team, who continue to work hard to improve efficiency of the staff. With respect to value, we provide a wide range of options at our restaurants but it can depend on one's selection or tastes. We are confident that there are plenty of options which are reasonably priced. Feedback such as yours is however important and our team will keep on developing new dining options for which value will be an important focus. Rest assured that your feedback and comment is important to us and my team will ensure that appropriate action is taken to uphold our usual high standards of services expected of our resort. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bali in the future.

Kind Regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in the suite (not an ocean view suite) and we loved it. The room was great - choice of aroma each day, very clean, doesn't look aged, air con temperature set to your liking, comfortable bed, solid structure so neighbour noise is not an issue and of course very large and spacious.

Access to "suite guests only" facilities is worth it - pool, breakfast at RIN and cocktail lounge gives you the choice to mix and match your stay there - private mode or sightseeing mode (public areas).

Suite privileges to justify the cost - unlimited bottled water, free wifi, daily newspaper, afternoon tea, cocktails (this alone is enough :)), free breakfast in the room, access to suite only facilities and my personal favourite - unlimited laundry!

The rest of the hotel - 24 hour swimming pool, very large wrap around pool (I think the largest in Bali), choice of restaurants, lounges, access to the beach, water sports and Bales makes this a true resort. Service was top notch.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a 5 is because of Suku (this is where non suite guests have breakfast). It is not air conditioned, service staff are friendly but disorganised (they are understaffed), and quality of food is very 'army camp'. Although its a wide selection of food (from indonesian to western), the taste is far from 5 star hotel quality. Don't let this ruin your decision to stay at the hotel. You will still get filled enough to go about your day.

As for distance from suite to the rest of the hotel - its not an issue.

Room Tip: Do the "Breakfast sunrise by the bale". Its a small additional cost to your included break...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clackers2000,

Thank you for sharing your comments and pictures about Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, 24-hour vast swimming pool, the beach access and Conrad Suite privileges. I sincerely apologize for some of the service lapses you encountered in Suku. Rest assured your feedback is important I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team, who continue to work hard to improve the overall efficiency and consistency of service. Your feedback and comment are important to us and my team will ensure that appropriate action is taken to uphold our usual high standards of services expected of our resort. I hope you and your family will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!