“Luxurious Hotel, Top quality services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Luxurious Hotel, Top quality services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Since we arrived at Conrad, we had have very pleasant service. First : we had an early check in (10.00 am), and we got an upgrade room. These are very pleasant surprise to our vacation.
This hotel has amazing huge lagoon pool. Even though this pool very huge but the staff keep the pool clean. Even in a very busy breakfast time, the staff very handy and look after each guest needs. Food so great, and we really love our room, so cozy and modern. The surrounding garden also well maintained. We definitely will back to stay at this great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear JamesLesmana,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay and will let the staff know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. Our 24-hour Reflection Lounge is also available for guests who are arriving earlier than the check-in time; while an early check-in will depend on the availability of the room during that time. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I started my holiday there and had 3 perfect days of pure bliss. My room opened directly on to the lagoon with an ocean view! Perfect for lounging on the lanai and then popping into the water to cool down. The room itself was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was very spacious. Typical Hilton comfy beds. Staff were very attentive from reception to waiting staff to concierge. I was totally relaxed. Did not use the spa services as I found them terribly expensive for Bali. Concierge organised for a nearby spa to pick me up and drop off at more than half the price (can't remember the name). The only downside was I found Nusa Dua far too quiet for my liking. Prefer Seminyak and Sanur.

Room Tip: Level 1 gives you direct access to the lagoon.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Pk666au1,

Thank you for your kind comment about Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean lagoon access room, spacious bathroom, comfortable bed and service provided by the staff. Thank you for your feedback about our Jiwa Spa. Our spa team has just introduced new menus and treatments on middle of December 2012 to enhance our offering in the resort and consequently reflect the most competitive prices, which I sincerely hope you will have the opportunity to try when you will stay with us again.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were here for a wedding, must say it was an awesome experience.. the rooms are spacious well done and clean.. service is great.. they breakfast awesome.. they also serve you the breakfast in the room with an additional charge but the fun is at the restaurant. they have a fab pool..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Vicky214,

Thank you for your kind comment of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear you have a fabulous stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back to experience smart luxury at its finest.

jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been frequenting the Conrad since it first opened when the children were still very young. Ideal for families with children; however i feel it necessary to say that over the years the hotel's services have deteriorated or for better words been compromised. The staff is still ever so friendly and prompt; however the facilities and in particular the food and beverage are not of five star hotel quality. The fruit selection is minimal and of poor quality; the food though varied is tasteless?! the juice is not fresh, the cheese and cold cuts selection is minimal and of the 'lowest' selection. Club members have lounge facilities however again food selection and quality is poor. Drinks and service at the lobby lounge is slow and alcohol watered down. Value: for what we are paying this is definitely not what it used to be. Rooms are due for renovations.

Dear Cnw2312,

We sincerely regret that your return visit to Conrad Bali was not what you expected.

While I am pleased to know that you and your family generally enjoyed your stay and previous experiences, I am very sorry that the inconveniences and service shortfalls you encountered marred what could have been a perfect stay experience.

We very much appreciate your candid and honest feedback, which helps us to take the necessary corrective actions where they are needed. Please rest assured that all the relevant departments are aware of your comments and continue to work hard to uphold the high standards of our products and services expected of the resort.

I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team, who continue to work hard to improve on the quality and variety of our food offerings for all our guests to enjoy unique dining experiences in each of our outlets. Rest assured your valuable feedback helps us in this respect.

Once again, thank you for your honest review. Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope for an opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.; please let me know so that I can look after you personally.

Warm Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

A delightful hotel in an up market part of Bali. We stayed in the Suites at the far end, which did mean a bit of a walk for breakfast but having a bedroom separate from the lounge and dining area was worth it. A large lagoon pool with sand beaches was great for the kids, although the nice beach in front of the hotel was also fine for swimming and walking. The day Spa was first rate, lots of options and booking was easy. Only two issues were that the breakfast and pool option close to the suites (that are perfect for families) was not open to kids under 12 and that the hotel staff who so carefully sweep the beach each morning might also pick up the various pieces of rubbish that accumulate after the daily high tide - it would make the beach much more enticing for the guests. For a great meal close to the hotel - 10 mins walk along the beach path - you can't go past Bumbu Bali, best food I have eaten in Indonesia.

Room Tip: Make sure breakfast and airport pick ups a included.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mat K,

Thank you for your time and sharing your stay on August 2012 with the Tripadvisor community. We are pleased to hear that you and your family could relax and enjoy the beach and spa treatments at Jiwa Spa. As you have mentioned so well, our Conrad Suite Lounge is only accessible for adults and kids above 12 years old. For families coming with children; breakfast could be consumed at SUKU restaurant or delivered to the suite for the convenience of the guests. Thank you for your feedback and insights you have provided from your stay, and looking forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Kind Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My stay at the Conrad was quite ordinary. The room and amenities were spotless, and the garden and pool were well maintained. The beach, however, was a huge disappointment. The sand was coarse and brown, which compared poorly to the white, soft sand at two other Nusa Dua resorts I have stayed at within the last 6 months. There were also a lot of water sports going on and it was noisy. When I was relaxing by the pool area, a couple of local women from a nearby village walked by and started offering us massage. When I refused her, she gave me this sour face. She then walked on a bit further and woke a couple next to us up from their nap and offered them massage. At that point I felt like I was at Kuta beach rather than a 5 star resort at Nusa Dua. The service overall was good, the only issue I had was with the bell boy on the day we checked out. This particular staff took our luggage and guided us to the lobby,and he started asking us questions on the way, like how our experience was. I could see he was trying to be friendly by striking up a conversation, which was nice. However, he kept asking so many questions, one after another,and after a while I started to feel like I was being interrogated, it was really uncomfortable! I think he needs to be told that guests don't necessarily want to discuss every little detail of their trip with strangers. I was so glad when we finally reached the lobby. On the upside, on the night I stayed at Conrad, there was a local Balinese dance performance, called 'Tari Kecak'. Apparently Conrad shows different Balinese performances on three different days each week. I wasn't told this on check in, and happened to discover the performance by chance. I think it would be nice if we were told about this at check in, as it added a point for our stayat Conrad. The location was good, it's quite close to Bali Collection. Overall,my stay here was alright, I think I would prefer other resorts in Nusa Dua before coming back to Conrad.

Dear Blabsbunny,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean room, well maintained garden and pool and overall service provided by the staff.

Please allow me to apology on behalf of the team for your disappointment and some service lapses you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured that your feedback and comment is important to us and my team will ensure that appropriate action is taken to uphold our usual high standards of services expected of our resort.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you and your family back.

Kind Regards,
Jean-Sebastien
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We (my wife and I + our two boys aged 9 and 7) went for a 4 day stay last week at Conrad in one of their Conrad Suite rooms. We took the Suite Escape package which consisted of a lot of things including free meals for our kids, free laundry, a three course dinner, massage, etc. It was just a great deal!

Although it started off quite shaky with the lapse of the airport fast track service for my wife but the rest of the experiences made up for it instantly. The Conrad Suite crew was so apologetic and apologized a lot of times that it actually made me feel bad. The rooms and amenities were great, nothing to complain about. We had to make sure that we split our time between enjoying the beach outside with staying in the suite because it's just so nice. Also, they customized the room experience (bedding arrangement, scent, music, etc) based on the questionnaire that I filled up a couple of days before arrival which made you feel that you are definitely special.

We tried all the restaurants and they were all great. Even though we had a glitch when dining in Suku on Christmas Eve - the wait was too long - but again, the crew tried their best to make up for the wait by giving us free appetizer samplers and explained what happened. Although we just stayed for 3 nights, we did make friends with at least one crew in each restaurant. They remembered us and our boys and made an effort to talk to us everytime. I thought that was excellent.

The pool was great and since one of them was a lagoon pool, it just meandered everywhere. Simple touches like the poolside pack consisted of two bottles of water, cold towels and a cool facial spray was definitely a plus. The spa was also recommendable and very flexible as they allowed us to divide the free two hour treatments each that I got with my wife (4 hours total) to become four 1 hour treatment that we used for the whole family together. We also tried the gym, it was alright and could use an equipment upgrade but since it's a holiday, it's just fine.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the experience and definitely will consider Conrad again when we are back in Bali.

Room Tip: Choose Conrad Suites if you could, especially the ones facing the ocean. The building is separated f...
Dear GBPrule,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you and your family have a great experience when staying with us. Thank you for your kind comment and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope to see you again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest.

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!