“A great place to relax.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
London, United Kingdom
“A great place to relax.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Conrad Bali earlier this month as part of our two center trip.

Our trip started with a great welcome at the airport by the VIP representative arranged by the hotel (for an additional cost). This was the most hassle free landing ever. Our lady took care of everything and she passed us over to our driver.

Nusa Dua is about 20 mins drive from the airport & 30 mins from Seminyak mainly due to trafic.
At the hotel we received a friendly welcome with cold towels, a welcome drink & a smooth check in to our upgraded lagoon suite. It always pays off being diamond Hhonours guest :-) (thank you!)
The room was excellent & really spacious with direct access to the main lagoon swimming pool & beautiful views to sea.
We spent the majority of our time by the private swimming pool accessible only by hh guests or if you are staying in a conrad suite. No children under 12 allowed - bliss!
The ground & gardens are immaculate & the hotel is designed & maintained really well.
The service, friendliness & politeness of the staff makes your experience simply unique.

Thank you for taking care of us we"ll see you again soon.
Leo & Graeme

Room Tip: Try to go for a suite - it worths it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Leo_London84,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will let the staff know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. We hope to see you again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Conrad Bali for 5 nights, attending a wedding at the Infinity Chapel as well. We had made prior arrangements for the hotel pickup from the airport for USD$20 per way per car and was picked up by the hotel staff promptly at the airport upon arrival. Service was excellent right from the start and due to a slight jam in Bali which is common, it took us about 30 minutes from the airport to the hotel.

The hotel property is exclusive and beautiful. It has a private beach and the pool is awesome! Weather was humid and hot in Bali but we were offered welcome drinks upon check in. We arrived at 1300hrs but room wasn't ready till 1500hrs. So we hang around at the lounge overlooking the pool and the beach. All the front service staff and concierge were excellent. I had wished that they could allow us to check in earlier as we had a lot to prepare for our best friend's wedding.

We were given a room on the 3rd floor and had a good view of the pool. Luckily the room is near the lobby and breakfast area so we did not have to walk a long distance.

Room was of a very good size and the bathroom was huge! We love the amenities given in the room and there's also a balcony with chairs where we can sit and enjoy the view. However, be careful of mosquitoes as there's a lot of them around. Hotel even provided an electrical anti mosquito device in the room so there's no mosquitoes in the air conditioned room. Free wifi only at the lobby and if you need Internet access in the room, is only through LAN cable. I wish they have wifi in the room but there's none so I bought a Telskom prepaid card for my data for $10 from the airport.

There's a Conrad monkey and tortoise in the room which makes you happy. That's always the Conrad style isn't it?

One thing I don't like about the room is the shower. It's weird and the shower is painful when the water hits you. So I had to use the handheld shower which is inconvenient when you washes your hair. Turndown service was every night and it feels so good to come back to the room at the end of a hot day.

Breakfast was excellent everyday and the staff were always accommodating. As it is a resort, you would always expect some houseflies everywhere. This is Bali.

I would like to commend Conrad Bali on their excellent service everywhere, be it at the beach, pool, restaurants. They are all worth commending. I would not hesitate to stay at the Conrad again. They just make you feel at home and wouldn't want to leave.

The wedding at the chapel was beautiful and Conrad made it perfect. The wedding coordinators made sure everything went so well and the choir sang beautifully. It was a touching moment for all of us.

Thank you Conrad Bali. Excellent hotel, excellent staff. We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Snoopy44,

Thank you for your kind review and recent stay at Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, service provided by the staff, view from the room, spacious bathroom, amenities in the room, excellent breakfast and your best friend’s wedding event at Infinity Chapel.

Thank you for letting us knows your thoughts about your shower experience. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate the insights you have provided from your stay. Alternatively guests could experience rain shower if staying at the Conrad Suites. At the moment; Wifi is available at the hotel’s lobby, all Conrad Suites and Suite Club Lounge. Note that as part of our ongoing effort to improve our facilities, wifi will be installed in all the guest rooms of the resort, in the coming months and we hope that it will be ready by the time you stay with us again.

calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Pros:
- excellent resort amenities, staff is very eager to provide top notch service, rooms are very well furnished and large.
Cons:
- location is a little remote if you plan on sightseeing other parts of Bali. During traffic times, it can be 1 hr taxi ride to Kuta

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandhuh,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Bali, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Conrad Bali on our recent trip in Bali for 2 nights.

The service and room itself were very good and definitely matched the Conrad standard.

Breakfast was adequate, somewhat uninspiring and hot food selection could be improved.@@@

Overall we had an ok stay, nothing really to complain about though for its price, I think they should include free in room wifi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Schumaster,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for feedback and I hope you will stay with us again to experience smart luxury at its finest.

Macau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Conrad is one of the many beach resorts that exist in this part of Bali. All of them follow the same model: a large building surrounding a huge swimming pool, open on the sea side. However if you are looking for serious beach, and not for a large swimming pool by the sea, think twice: there is coral reef all along this coast and only during the high tide, when the beach is reduced to a narrow strip of sand, is it possible to dip in the sea. In fact, for me Bali in general, although a lovely place, is not a beach destination and I usually head directly to smaller resorts in the countryside. Only business reasons made me stay this time at the Conrad.
The resort shows its age in some places (e.g. the locks of both my room door and safe box didn’t work perfectly) and the rooms’ decor is a bit outdated. Restaurants and bars are definitely overpriced, as it is Bali in general – and, hey, I am used to Hong Kong prices. E.g. one coffee at the very pleasant East lounge (my favourite spot in the resort) cost me more than 6 USD. You may go outside the resort but don’t expect to find any interesting restaurant, coffee shop or bar in a walking distance.
Service is courteous and I have no complaints in this respect.
If you can afford it, the Conrad Suites next door look much more interesting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Goncalo2008,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. We apologize if you did not enjoy Bali as much as you enjoyed other beach destinations. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about your experience, and we sincerely hope to welcome you in the future.

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had two rooms during my stay here, the first was a standard deluxe room on the 4th floor which is quite big considering it is the cheapest in the resort. The lobby is on the third floor. I moved later to a Deluxe Lagoon room, which although was smaller by a tiny bit, was probably better for a holiday go-er as the balcony opens up to the large artificial lagoon. Liked it so much, you'd be ordering room service so that early in the morning breakfast could be served after a morning swim just outside the room.

The rooms are good and clean but I rated it 4 stars as I always look at the way it was maintained. I understand that in tropical countries, especially in resorts, it is difficult to keep things in tip top shape but to me that's what separates 5 from the rest. At the Conrad there were wears on furniture (but generally its very clean) but the shower works strange. On a hot day I'd like a cold water shower, and in the morning a hot shower, but I was not able to set such a large temperature range on the shower dial. As usual, in the pursuit of "style" faucet makers always try to make the controls without signs on which one to turn, so one has to do it by trial and error. It was entirely possible that the temperature adjuster was somewhere I didn't expect it to be. The shower door also slams shut with the sound of glass on marble, the result of lack of dampers.

I've mentioned about the lagoon pool. One could swim for an hour end to end as long as one is not fussy about it not being a straight swim. The main swimming pool directly of the lobby is another alternative, but this it a standard rectangular pool for those that like to be seen. It is, after all a big resort and there's plenty of watchers, if you're into that kind of thing when you're on holiday. The resort has many bales, a word I heard for the first time here in Bali, which is, I believe is a hut by the beach - and the one at the Conrad is nicely done with white curtains and comfortable cushion and head rest. Nothing to complain here either, it's almost perfect.

Meals at the hotel was great. Breakfast is at Suku, and I've tried dinner there as well. Eight Degrees South is also a good place to have a meal while enjoying the breeze from the beach. No complains about the food at all, this place was definitely meant to be a self contained location. I've tried some places around the hotel, but unfortunately outside of the hotel, the better meal is probably outside of Nusa Dua.

Most reviews have already mentioned that the service here is great, down to the bell boys that escort you to the room, but I think sometimes I find them too chatty. Probably they were calibrated to western tastes. We asians prefer it the chat down a little, perhaps just limited to some tips about how to get the most about our stay. Anyhow, that's a personal preference, but I'll leave that aside and consider it as a rating of 5. And best of all, it doesn't look like they're being nice so that they would get a tip. And that's genuine.

I'm a jogger. Instead of jogging insider the resort, which will limit myself to a multiple loops around a path or boring gym, I made two runs during my run. One was to Tunjung Benoa village, which was a nice run passing through daily life of a balinese once you pass all the resorts at Benoa. There are temples, local shops, and local housing and schools. A round trip is close to 8km from the Conrad. The second run I made was into Nusa Dua gated compound where other hotels are located, nothing much of interest as the roads here are well manicured large boulevards. I got bored after 3km and made a u-turn back.

Overall a nice holiday. Would recommend the Conrad without any hesitation.

Room Tip: To get a Lagoon room cheap, book a standard deluxe room online, and wait for email recommending an u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dufffader,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Bali. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us.

Thank you for your kind review, and I hope to see you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very Good hotel, excellent service. When there for business and since this is a business trip it is well worth it. Everything is well maintained. I would not go for leisure.

Breakfast is great but very crowded during 8-9am, lunch have very little selection on buffet.

Room Tip: Any room is good because its' Conrad
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Benetay,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Bali. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your business trip while staying with us.

Thank you for your patronage, and should your travels bring you back to Bali, we hope you will stay with us again.

Jean-Sebastien Kling

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!