“Great location, food and accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mirage Resort

Save Saved
You added Grand Mirage Resort to your Saves list
Grand Mirage Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 74 , Tanjung Benoa , P.O.Box 43 | Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, food and accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great hotel in a lovely location - wide sweeping private beach, lowrise, nice Balinese interiors. We spent a wonderful 3 weeks here - initially we had intended to fly off to Lombok for a couple of nights incase it got a little repetitive, but we were so chilled and relaxed here there was no need! We travelled with our two children - 7 and 9 - and would thorougly recommend the Oceanview Suite. Plenty of space, beautiful decor. large balcony - we were third floor giving beautiful seaviews - high floor definitely better. My parents stayed in an Oceanview double which was perfect for 2 people, but no more. We were in the quietest area (3330) away from pool and main building and this was perfect. Food and service faultless - we went for all inc and there are enough different restaurants/themed menu evenings to mean we always ate something different - the beachside Jukung Grill was by far our favourite. The staff are all delightful without exception - always ready with a smile and an offer to help - definitely one of the property's biggest assets. A very cosmopolitan range of guests from all over the world which always adds to a great atmosphere. Pool area lovely - plenty of space and nice swim up bar. Yes it was towels at dawn, but you could always find a sunbed, there were plenty to go round. We preferred the beach location. Plenty of watersports to keep you occupied, cycle hire, pool volleyball, morning yoga etc. Our main tips as follows:-
- make sure you hire driver and guide to show you round Bali - this is an amazing island littered with beautiful temples, rice terraces etc - make sure you explore!
- we ate out at the beautiful Jimbaran Bay one evening - for the wonderful sunset and amazing fresh seafood restaurants - go to the Menega Cafe and reserve a table at the front of the shore, order some fresh fish and enjoy!
- the Rock Bar at the Ayana Hotel - one of the Top 10 stylish bars in the world - reached by a cable bar down a sheer cliff face - expensive cocktails but SO worth it
- avoid the Bali Collection - free shuttle from hotel but just an overpriced shopping destination
- do not miss Ubud
Yes, it is a long flight from the UK which was arduous, but we were so glad we made the effort. We've travelled to SE Asia many times - but first time to Bali - and this was one of our best trips. Cannot really fault the hotel, and I am fussy. We usually stay in a 5* property, and other reviewers have said this is more like a 4* - however, based on our oceanview suite, the quality of the food and hotel public areas I would give this a 4*++++ rating. I would firmly recommend it for families like us, but if my husband and I were travelling as a couple we would probably choose something more intimate. We were very, very happy here and didn't want to leave.
Any questions feel free to ask!

Room Tip: Oceanview suite a must if you are travelling with children - 3330 best location Go for high floor f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Juan Antonio S, Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Mr.Barnesmay,

Thank you for your willingness to review our resort at tripadvisor.com. It is delighted for me to learn that your stay with your family was faultless.

If you would like to book your next stay, I kindly advise you to book through grandmirage.com where various bonuses are available such as free airport transfer for minimum stay 3 nights with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply).

Once again, thank you for residing at grand mirage. I cannot wait to see you again!

Wayan Karta, Food & Beverage Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We took the all inclusive package and were more than satisfied with our stay, the food, the services and the activities at the resort.
A perfect place to stay with all the right ingredients.
One thing I can say - we'll be back!!

The only area of improvement is the charges on the spa that is on the higher end compared to the reasonable rates just outside the gate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Mr./Mrs. Recnamorcen,
Thank you for residing with Grand Mirage. It is an honor for me to learn that your stay was flawless.

Our spa is charged higher from outside spa as we have high standards on our therapists, hygiene, and technique.

If you are planning the next visit, I recommend you to book directly through grandmirage.com where extensive bonuses are available. Such as free motorized water sport for every 3 night stay (terms and conditions apply).

I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely hotel, on a beautiful stretch of beach. All rooms were part of the main hotel block, unlike many of the hotels we've stayed in, where our rooms have been some distance from the main block. The hotel has a great layout, with the Grand Cafe looking out onto the swimming pools and beach. Great Panoramic Bar looking out across the pool and beach, we spent many a happy night in this bar. Our rooms were a good size, with incredibly comfy beds. The staff and management couldn't have been more welcoming. Good size games room. Great spa on site. Beautiful hotel reception. We were all inclusive and on over 20 years of travel, we have never experienced a package that was as good value for money. We had full choice of all the menus and didn't have to pay a penny (99% of the dishes were 'all-in'). Most nights of the week there was evening entertainment laid on in the form of cabaret dance shows or bands playing. Good choice of water sports and with the all inclusive package, non motorised activities were free. Finally, if you stay more than 12 nights look out for the extra bonuses, we enjoyed spa vouchers, cabaret vouchers, sea walker vouchers and motorised sport vouchers. Food in the Juhung Grill was great, right alongside the pool and beach, just wonderful!

Room Tip: We were in the ocean view rooms, all inclusive, they were good vfm. There were suites available, but...
Dear Mrs.Carolinfleet,

It is a pleasure for us to learn that your stay was wonderful. Thank you for the compliments toward our resort. I am more than happy that you enjoyed our all inclusive which is specially designed to indulge our guests. Grand Mirage is lucky to have you as our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Regards,
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wow wow wow. My wife and I arrived at the Grand Mirage to 1st Class service. I will only have one dig. Don’t forget to pick us up at the airport next time - ( taxi fare was refunded). We had the ocean view room, very comfortable. I will recommended the all-inclusive package. Room service (nachos and vegetarian pizza are awesome), mini bar stock daily , Beers on tap, Guys, get bintangs on board the all-inclusive. bali hai is OK but bintangs are better. Food is plentiful and the variety is amazing. I have come home 2 kgs heavier but that's what holidays are about. relaxing, eating and drinking to contentment It is a family resort so for couples looking for parties, best head for Kuta. Although a taxi to Kuta is only around 200k rpi return 20 bucks and can be hired from the hotel. Philda (panarama bar) we miss you. you made our stay very enjoyable. making sure our glasses were never empty and you did this with the a smile, even at 1am in the morning. There are plenty of activities to do and with the all-inclusive you get jet ski's, bannna boat rides and loads more. I hired a driver from the hotel for 3-4 hours when I went surfing and it cost me 200k Rpi around 40 bucks. My wife did not want me to hire a motorbike for obvious reasons. there are thousands of them jocking for position with cars and trucks. its pretty hectic. all in all a fantastic holiday experience. Thank you Grand Mirage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Joanne51Auckland,

It is a pleasure for us that your stay was wonderful. Thank you for your comments in regards to the bathroom.

In regards to pool attendant, I have transmitted your opinion to the respective Food & Beverage department. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Once again, thank you for staying with Grand Mirage. I could not wait to welcome you again.

Juan Antonio Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My only compliant would be rather dated old looking bathrooms in the garden view rooms and maybe the pool bar attendants could be a little more socialable when serving the drinks during the day as you do feel like there is some judgement going on with our holiday behaviour ie drinking during the day !! The drinks were a little on the light side as far as percentage of alcohol versus juice at times with the cocktails.....if you don't have the All inclusive badge on and paying full price.

Room Tip: Garden view quiet reasonably big we had a roll away bed plus x 2 king singles so not too bad to move...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Juan Antonio S, Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mr. KRJose,

Greetings from Grand Mirage Resort& Thalasso Bali!

It is a delight for me that your stay was more than satisfactory. I thank you for the compliments on the all inclusive. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been transmitted to the respective departments.

I have passed your compliment to Virda and she really appreciated it.
If you are planning the next visit, I would recommend you to book directly through grandmirage.com where extensive bonuses are provided such as motorized water sport for every 3 night stay

Once again, thank you for residing with Grand Mirage. I look forward to welcoming you again!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from a week in Bali staying at the Grand Mirage Resort. We had a very comfortable stay, the staff were very helpful, the catering was excellent. I would definitely recommend the resort. The Australian Executive Chef leads a team which prepares excellent food (caters for the Australian and European palate). I would have liked to have had more indonesian food choices but that is a very small "gripe". I am a frequent traveler for both work and business and I am not easy to please. My experience in this resort is that you get an excellent deal and I would certainly re-visit if I am every in Indonesia in the future. Thanks to all for a very enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms surrounding the central atrium. Noise carries from the kitchens and one of the restauran...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Aharriss,

Thank you for your compliment. It is a pride for me that your stay has met your expectation.
If you are planning your next visit, I would like suggest you to book directly website grandmirage.com where extensive bonuses are available such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for residing with us. I look forward to welcome you again.

Matthew Wood, Executive Chef at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

As always with Bali, choosing where to stay is never easy with so many hotels and resorts to choose from. This was my sixth trip to Bali and this time i decided to stay away from the madness of Kuta and head for the more peaceful and quiet side of the island in Tanjung Benoa and stay at The Grand Mirage. The first thing you need to know about the location is that yes, it is a long way from Kuta. I would say it's about 40 minutes or so by car, traffic is always crazy in Bali! But the location being so far from Kuta is a blessing and you will definitely enjoy the extra peace and quiet. After the drive to the hotel from the airport, you're driven through the gates to waiting security who check all vehicles that enter the hotel, great for peace of mind. Then, the amazing and outstanding service begins! Check is was smooth and easy, i was greeted with smiles all around and was served a drink before i even made it to the check in counter. I was staying for 12 nights and chose to take advantage of the all inclusive package with an ocean view room. I was tired after the flight and a very early start to my day so was very happy to finally make it to my room. The room was on the 4th floor and was quite large compared to many hotels i've stayed in. Wide opening doors to the balcony with a gorgeous view to the ocean, beachfront, down to the pool and the grounds of the hotel. The room had a very nice bathroom with a shower and bath. After unpacking i decided i'd have a swim, it was a typical warm Bali night so i walked down to the pool and was instantly refreshed by the perfect temperature of the heated pool. I felt like a beer but was disappointed to find the pool bar was already closed, it was pretty early and only around 7pm i think. But i was able to find a member of staff who was happy to go to the upstairs bar and get a beer for me, this was the first hint of the awesome service i was going to experience everyday throughout my stay. The next morning i made my way down to the buffet breakfast. You will not ever be short on choice let me tell you, there is more food and choice than you could ever think of (or eat). The hotel was very busy, but the food is always fresh and anything that runs out is quickly replenished. Food choices at anytime are amazing, five different restaurants and three different buffet nights. You will always have a huge choice, and pretty much every flavour is taste is catered for. The all inclusive deal even included room service and the mini bar, it doesn't get better than that! After breakfast i took my first real look around the grounds of the hotel, there are some hidden corners if you look around that are just beautiful and very, very peaceful. First thing i knew i really needed was a massage, it is Bali after all! There are staff on hand in a covered area right near the pool, i can't remember how much it cost (who cares) but it was an everyday ritual that you don't want to go without. The Grand Mirage also has a day spa which i had a voucher for and experienced a couple of treatments that as a man never thought i would lol, but it was very relaxing and an experience! Time almost stood still, once i had settled in after a couple of days all my cares were gone. My 12 nights felt like a month, it was the most relaxing time i have ever experienced. There is always staff on hand to look after anything you could need, i honestly didn't come across even an average instance of service in the whole 12 nights i was there. If you decide to take a trip into Kuta, transport can be arranged for you by use of a hotel approved bemo or blue taxi's are always close by on the street. I chose the hotel bemo, Kuta and return was around 200,000 rupiah ($20 or so). My driver was as friendly as all Balinese are even walked with me while i shopped and carried my bags, i felt like royalty! Anytime i wanted to go anywhere, there was my driver ready and willing. The incredible service never stops at the Grand Mirage, i have no doubt you find the same experience with your stay. My one and only let down was that there were two king single beds instead of the king size i had booked, but i was too tired to care on the first night. The next morning i spoke to a staff member from guest relations who explained that all rooms with king size beds were taken but i would be moved as soon as one became available. True to her word, after one more night the very same staff member took the trouble to find me out near the pool and advise that my new room was ready and that i could move anytime. When the time came, i was met by two porters who helped move all of my luggage and belongings into my new room , i couldn't have been happier. The new room had an even nicer view! My stay at The Grand Mirage was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. I wouldn't hesitate in going back and hopefully i will return sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Rooms on the northern side with ocean views are the quieter rooms. The southern side leaves you open...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Jason D,

I am grateful to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory. Thank you for your willingness to write such an excellent review in tripadvisor.com. Our Thalasso Spa treatment are for everybody, whether it is a man or woman. We do also have couple massage and kids massage.

Once again, thank you very much for staying at Grand Mirage. I could not wait to welcome you again!

Juan Antonio Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!