“Grand Mirage Resort Bali” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mirage Resort

You added Grand Mirage Resort to your Saves list
Grand Mirage Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 74 , Tanjung Benoa , P.O.Box 43 | Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Port Douglas, Australia
“Grand Mirage Resort Bali”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good location, we had a lovely room with super king size bed,downstairs, close to everything, good swimming pool with swim up bar, resturants were good, a good choice for breakfast as well. I would recomend this mainly for families and couples the staff were very helpful.free shutle bus to NusaDua shops.Lots of good resturants and massage/manicure shops nearby.This was our first time in Bali.and we would stay there again because of the great location.however,the downside of staying at this hotel was the stinking cigarette smokers in the bar area! but the smokers are everywhere in Bali, not nice if you are a non smoker like us!.

Room Tip: downstairs room with king size bed plus a sitting area overlooking pool was fairly quiet and good...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mrs. Christine A.

I am delighted to learn that your stay has exceeded your expectation. Thank you for your constructive feedback in tripadvisor.com.

If you are planning the next visit, I would recommend you to book directly via our website grandmirage.com where extensive benefits are provided, such as : free non motorized water sport for every 3 night stay!

Once again, thank you for residing with us. I am more than happy to welcome you again next time.

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This has been my 15 trip to Bali over a number of years and only staying at the Grand Mirage Resort in the Nusa Dua area. This has been a very peaceful and enjoyable part of the island away from all the hassle of Kuta and its surrounding areas. The staffs at the Grand Mirage go those extra miles to provide service that make you feel as if you’re at that their home. Whenever there has been an issue with room allocation/location as per what we have ordered it has been rectified on the spot without any problems, the same with the offer of late checkout due to the midnight/late flights. If you’re staying for more than 4 nights the hotel provides you with a pick up and transfer service to and from the airport free of charge as part of their service which does take out a lot of the worry and hassle out of either arranging taxi’s or other forms of transport that may cost you and may be unreliable in a timely pick up. Nothing seems to be an issue, their aim is to please the customer and provide the service that one would expect from a 5 Star resort.
Breakfast was absolutely fantastic. Plenty of variety as well as the standard bacon, eggs, cereals, waffles, toast, etc. If you can't find something to eat you must got to be terribly fussy. The food at the Rama Stage show (theme nights) was awesome, so many variety of dishes to choose from! There were plenty of lounges around the pool & around the beach under shaded trees, so the choices were varied based on if you wanted to be close to the beach or around the pool. The only issue with the pool area is that when people left the pool they also left their towels on the lounges which send out the wrong message especially for those that are trying to find lounges for themselves. The complimentary massage that the hotel offered was fantastic to the extent that we ended up having an additional 2 more each over our stay of 11 days. I have looked at other hotels within the Nusa Dua area having guided tours around some to find that the Grand Mirage has that more homily atmosphere.
Overall would we stay again at the Grand Mirage Resort the answer would be a big yes without thinking about it. Without a second thought I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends. Yes some things can be a little pricy based on the US dollar but it’s all manageable with a package direct from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Vince S.

Thank you for your willingness to share your recent stay experience in tripadvisor.com. Your coming back to our resort for 15 times is a pride for me. Thank you for being so loyal to us.
We have just applied rules that our pool attendants will remove the pool towels on unattended loungers for more than 30 minutes.

Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback. I could not wait to welcome you again!

Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hotel was very noisy first room near reception couldn't get any sleep moved to top floor much better but air con hardly workd had to call up and get repairman at 1 am.the resort was very full and very pricey for food and drinks.the restaurants on main road much nicer and better price.would recommend staying at legian much more to see and do and quieter

Dear Mr. Richard W,

I do regret for learning that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have noted your concerns and shared them among the respective department heads.

Regarding the price of food and drinks, we embrace high standard of hygiene which unfortunately not all restaurants on the road apply. In addition, not all of them apply government taxation, which make them cheaper at the consumers’ eyes.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope the problems would not deter you to come back to Grand Mirage again and experience our International standard.

surabaya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Grand Mirage is located in Tanjung benoa Bali where a lot of people doing water sport activities here. It is good if you are going with children and excited to have water sport activities there. But my opinion, this hotel is overprice. With quite old facility and pricey price. Breakfast was just average. Won't come back here next time when we visit Bali.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Mrs. Dianpe,

I regret to learn that your stay was less than satisfactory. I do appreciate your feedback.
In regards to the price, our chef selects high quality ingredients and we guarantee the International and 5 star hygiene standards in all our kitchens that unfortunately not all the restaurants outside follow. Many of them do not apply taxation; therefore, they might be cheaper than restaurants in hotels.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I hope there would be another chance to welcome you again!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We decided to stay for a night at the Grand Mirage for a last minute bit of luxury before we headed back to reality. When we arrived the room wasn’t ready so they gave us another one which was fine but when we got into the room it was very damp…the bed felt damp and it had a funny smell.

The room was nice, I liked the bath and the fact you could watch the TV from the bath. The resort was definitely suitable for families and I liked the pool and beach area. We ate in one of their restaurants twice, it was lovely but expensive. Everything was in US$ and once converted to Australia Dollars it was definitely the most we had paid for any meal in Bali. We got the breakfast buffet which was nice and good food.

I didn't use the spa because it was too pricey but looked nice, when you step outside there are spas that are cheaper.

I think for families it is perfect….it was overall nice : )

Dear Mr./Mrs.Ilovetravelling8384,

I am delighted to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory. I greatly appreciate your valuable feedback.

I extend my apology in regards to the unready room. Please rest assured that I have shared your thoughts to the respective department head. He would seriously train the staffs on procedure to avoid the same problem happening again.

Once again thank you for residing at Grand Mirage, I cannot wait to welcome you again

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and 2 small children. Let me start off by saying I got a very price competitive special offer for my stay here, which included breakfast, wifi, all taxes and fees, and importantly to us an extra bed for my oldest child. Hotel has the usual 5-star amenities, beautiful Balinese tropical garden grounds, direct access to beach and so on, Our children especially enjoyed the kids pool area and outdoor jungle gym. Some parts of the pool gets a fair bit of shade from the many palm trees and other vegetation except during midday when the sun is directly overhead. Breakfast buffet was very satisfying with a good variety to choose from. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended especially for families with small children. Interestingly I got a slightly better exchange rate at the hotel than at the airport. Only tiny pet peave was it took the kitchen 3 attempts to prepare us hardboiled eggs.

Room Tip: We were very happy in the standard garden view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Greywolfmister,

I am grateful to hear that we exceeded your satisfaction with all our facilities. Thank you for your willingness to share this excellent feedback in tripadvisor.com.

For your next visit, I recommend you to reserve it via our website grandmirage.com where an extensive benefit is provided such as free motorized water sport for each 3 night stay.

Apart from the great experience, I would like to apologize for the hard boiled eggs. I have noted it and shared it with the respective department head.

Once again, I would like to thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcome you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Although we had a pleasant stay at grand mirage with all inclusive, it felt as if we were just one of thousands. The room was neat, clean and everything worked, but beginning to show it's age. Many of the staff were so busy they barely smiled. We encountered one very friendly waiter called "billy" who was extremely attentive and friendly, but he was one of the only ones. We ate at the Italian restaurant who had a brand new menu. The lamb roast chops were excellent, however the duck pasta didn't really work. The deep fried cheese was lovely. Probably wont stay again, only because we prefer smaller more intimate rather than mass production.

• Stayed June 2013
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Dachschund,

Thank you for your feedback. We have committed to make our service more personalized in the future.

That your room is clean and the food is lovely is a pride for me. I appreciate your compliment in regards to our product.

I also have passed your thought about Billy. He appreciated it.

I hope there would be another chance to welcome you with a personalized service.

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!