“Great service, ocean view suite room is great, hotel a little run down” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mirage Resort

You added Grand Mirage Resort to your Saves list
Grand Mirage Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 74 , Tanjung Benoa , P.O.Box 43 | Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Townsville, Australia
“Great service, ocean view suite room is great, hotel a little run down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have just spent a week at the Grand Mirage and I was very happy with the service. We had to leave a week early due to our daughter not feeling well and the mirage was happy to refund us our money ( minus a cancellation fee) and also gave us a shower room to use as our flight was at midnight. The ocean view suites are beautiful, spacious and modern, the hotel itself has been around for a while so it does look a little run down, the standard rooms also a little run down but the great service, pools etc made up for it.

Room Tip: Ocean view suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mr. bree5670,

I really appreciate your taking time to write feedback at tripadvisor.com. To learn that you love our services is a satisfaction for me.

The hotel building is 17 years old, but we always maintain the cleanliness and regular maintenance program.

Thank you for residing at Grand Mirage. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Juan Antonio Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our second trip to Bali having stayed in Sanur on the last trip. We found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating whenever we had a query. Hotel food is amazing and of the highest quality. Facilities were very good including the pool and available water sports. Only fault was that the air conditioning adjustment could be better (could be a fraction colder) although it was quite OK. No real markets in Nusa Dua for shopping and Bali Collection, although very nice, is more like Perth prices - you really need to go to Kuta for shopping which is not a problem by taxi.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the ocean view room - well worth the extra $20 upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Jenny_D,

Thank you for choosing us to be part of your holiday. It is a pleasure for me to learn that you have had a great experience with us.

If you are reserving your room prior to your next holiday, I recommend you to book directly via grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply)
I look forward to welcoming you again!

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just got back from grand mirage and it was fantastic. We chose the all inclusive option, and it was definitely worth it. We were met at the airport by a driver from the hotel, and within 20 mins arrived. We were then taken to a well needed air conditioned lounge to arrange check in and then took up to our room. The rooms were very nice, has drinks and snacks in the fridge which get changed every day.

The food options at the hotel were fab. The quality of the food and presentation was 5 star. And there is 24 h room service for midnight snacks (to soak up the alcohol) . The drinks menu is really good with about 20 cocktails to choose from.

The hotel staff are so friendly , and really welcoming. Augusta who worked in the cafe near the beach always went out of his way to speak to us everyday, and his service was tops. And Senni, the hotels guest manager made our holiday into a memorable one.

I had an accident in the shower, where I slipped and fell through the plain of glass. I felt sick to my stomach with worry, and had cuts on my body off the glass, and injured my back. Senni done a fantastic job as guest manager. She organised a free massage in the spa to sooth my back, and also 1hour in the aquatic pool... She also had a back specialist come to the hotel to check my back, and also bought me some cream from the chemist... Amazing service. This treatment made my holiday very special. She is an asset to the hotel!!

The activities at the hotel is also tops. The spa is a bit more expensive than the $5 ones across the road, but you only get what you pay for... And I done both. On our last day we used up all our water sport vouches, and done 30 mins on jet ski's, banana boat, para sailing and the flying fish... Was great fun.

I am just about to book up again for my birthday in November, and also bringing my sister and her family. I have been on all inclusive resorts in Mexico, Caribbean , Europe and the Maldives, and this hotel was defiantly one of the best due to the quality of food and drinks, and how much the hotel staff looked after you.

When I return in November, it would be great to have Bintang on the all inclusive package. And also maybe a bit more lively music in the bar at night. Some sort of disco type entertainment would be good.

Dear Mr. Phil,

I am delighted to learn that your stay was fantastic. I agree with you that Senni is an asset here and I have told her about your thought. We are grateful to have you as our valued guest.

For your next visit, I suggest you to book directly through grandmirage.com where you can find the best deals and inclusions.

Once again, thank you for giving us chance to be at your service. I cannot wait to welcome you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a nice resort, we are a well traveled couple which makes it easy to be critical but on the whole, for what we paid for it was very nice. There are areas which need work and the rooms are 4 star quality with thin walls, but the buffet was good and the option of set guided activities through out the week makes it easy to be entertained (yoga, water aerobics, cooking, tastings, etc) for those that like to get involved, nice games room for small groups to unwind. If you drink & eat excessively than the all inclusive "may" be justified, but we don't so were comfortable with the included buffet. We would definitely rate this resort over the apparent 5 star resort we stayed at next. The meals in the resort seemed pricey so we choose to eat outside Cardamons up the road was good value but avoid the clams (estuary type). Do not forget Homes spa for your massages the best in the area. We have two boys, which did not travel with us on this trip but looks to be a nice place to bring the kids as appears to have lots for them to do including a kids club, play grounds and the games room which has a DVD player for those cheap DVD's. Downside - needing a face lift, found a cockroach in our room on the final day and staff could be friendlier but when the average rate of pay is between $8-10/day you cant blame them!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe garden view room which initially was near the lift &facing the main road and it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rate2BGreat,

Thank you for your willingness to write an excellent review in tripadvisor.com. It is an honor for me to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory.

Our food price is a little bit high as we have 5 star standards of ingredients, cooking tools and also hygiene.

I do apologize for the insect in your room. Actually, our pest control always sprays the pesticide once a week. I have transmitted your feedback to them.

Once again, thank you for residing at Grand Mirage. I would be delighted to welcome you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our 1 st stay in Nusa Dua.We go to Bali on average once per year & normally stay in Legion.We were very impressed and will take the children next time.Relaxing water sports & took up the offer of the all inclusive package for 3 nights( $69 each per day for drinks & eats.Senni our guest manager was very helpful & friendly as were all staff.Reccomend ocean view rooms.Not the place for shopping but great for relaxation.Our friends loved it too.

Room Tip: Definitely choose ocean view room for a little extra.We stayed on 4 th floor, views over pool to oce...
Dear Mr. William,

Thank you for your compliment. I have transmitted it to Senni. She was really happy with it.
Our all inclusive is designed to pamper our guests, so I am more than happy to learn that your stay was memorable.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you again

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great Kids play room. Good breakfast, good room. We reserved the complimentary baby cot for the room since early Feb this year and received a reply in an email from a Ms Ratna saying they will provide complimentary one baby cot in room. When we arrived, they said baby cot was not available so we didn't have it in the end so I asked them to check the availability of the cot for the next night. The next day no one got back to me so no cot that night either. Always double check your bill when you go to the Panorama Lounge. The 2 times we were there there were items on the bill that were different to what we had ordered so a different price was logged. The 2nd time the items were corrected so no issue afterwards. I'd like to think that it was pure incompetence instead of seeking out to gain a few bucks here and there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs.Priscilla K.,

Thank you for your willingness to write a review at tripadvisor.com. I do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. The respectable department heads have planned to deliver training on procedure for staffs to avoid these problems happening again.
Once again, I do apologize for not meeting your expectation. I hope I would have other opportunities to welcome you again.

Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in April 2013. It was a very pleasant surprise, as we had been hesitating between this one and those in Nusa Dua. In the end we were quite happy. Food was very god and varied, including breakfasts. Personnel was very friendly and helpful. The beach is cleaned everyday and the lawn is well maintained. The chairs on the beach are scattered from one another giving you some of the best privacy we have seen in the eater front till Nusa Dua.
You may walk all the way on the beach to the end of Nusa Dua (1.5 hours)
On the negative side it is just close to most of the motor sports, so be prepared to have some noise in the mornings

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Pedro F,

Thank you for your honest review. It is an honor for me to learn that we have met your expectation. I have shared your compliment to our staff, and they really appreciated it. We will always do our best to make you feeling at home.

Thank you very much for residing with us. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Juan Antonio Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!