“Worst Hotel I have stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Club Bali Mirage

You added Club Bali Mirage to your Saves list
Club Bali Mirage
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jalan Pratama 72, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Bristol
“Worst Hotel I have stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

This is the worst hotel I have stayed in. It is now closed which is appropriate. It was sold to us as a five star hotel by Imagine Cruising in Swindon. If you must book with them be careful to check what they say on Trip Advisor. I wish that we had. The whole place needs a big dose of TLC. Food was awful. The only good thing about the hotel was the swimming pool.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

We have travelled around the world and can say we have never been made to feel more welcome than here.
.The hotel is very good value for money and on reading some reviews I just wonder what some people expect to get for their money,I admit it needs updating but we have just stayed in a 5 star hotel in Vietnam and also in Cambodia and the cleanliness of the hotel was no better than the Club Bali Mirage. We will be back as soon as it re-opens, can't wait

Room Tip: room on right hand side are good, we have been three times last time we had a suite looking over the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sofia Region, Bulgaria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

If you have a choice: Do not stay at this hotel!
Everything is old. The towels are so old that their colour was grey, instead of white. The staff are thieves. They stole clothes from us TWO TIMES. The breakfast was very poor and everytime there were flies on the food. Welcome drinks were served in dirty glases. The beach in front is full of boats and the sand is black from the oil.
The hotel must be renovated urgently!

Room Tip: The rooms on the right side of the building are better.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Room is clean, but the bathroom is awful. My wife said the bathroom was spooky, maybe it is because the light. Urgently need to renovate the bathroom.

I was on 3rd floor. No lift or elevator available, they said it was out of order. On my way to lobby, I always can see old (and maybe broken) mattresses just dumped in front of "Clinic" room. Quite annoying when I passed it.

Swimming pool was nice and the beach is OK. Staffs were so friendly. I really like having chat with them.

Breakfast quality really need to be upgraded too. Flies were everywhere around fruits corner. The taste is also .. I do not want to say "bad", but it can be a lot better.

The hotel just need one word: Upgrade.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Do not stay at this hotel, old ran down, housekeeping staff are thieves. Our money, ipad and jewelery were stolen and the reception staff could not have cared less. The boss lady "Padmi" in the dining area muttered words under her breath in Indonesian any time we requested something - very bad experience & she was awful to our children. The dining area smells like dead animals and you may cut yourself on the tiles in the pool if you are not careful.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

I hate writing bad reviews because it feels so negative but I thought I'd put it out there how completely ripped off my husband and I felt when we stayed here over the new year period. I could not believe they would expect people to lie on such uncomfortable mattresses and charge the amount they do. Springs dug into our backs and there felt as though there was no fabric left on the mattress it was so old. Our toilet didn't flush and the wardrobe door fell off! It was laughable! We asked to switch rooms and we were taken to a room with an identical mattress where the safe did not work until we got it replaced and the shower leaked into the whole bathroom. We decided to check out after only 2 nights. Management agreed not to charge us an extra night as I guess they realised everything was so poor. They did however sneakily charge us an exorbitant amount for the nights we stayed there as it was high season. Fair enough but the quality was laughable I struggled to understand how they could justify charging a third of that price. On a plus side though the staff were very friendly. I believe this must be the only factor keeping this place going. It is also right on the beach and very close to shops so if you can deal with an uncomfortable mattress and a hotel that is obviously falling down then do but look elsewhere first as they also use photos of the sister hotel next door on their website which is where I got sucked in. Worst hotel experience yet though!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
North Wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

The welcome to this hotel was friendly, met with a fruit cocktail - but had informed the hotel in advance that I had mobility problems (I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic pain syndrome) Turns out the ift was out of order, and had been for some time, and was not repaired the whole time we were staying there. They did, however change my room from the third floor to the lower ground floor - so only one flight of stairs to get up and down!.

Room itself was large and basic, clean, but the bathroom, Yuck, it needed a really good deep clean, it was disgusting. Towels were changed everyday.

We were on an all inclusive basis, the food was apalling and I even spend two days in bed with d & v - my hygiene standards are good. The staff although friendly, would snatch away your plate as soon as you had finished, as if you were in the way and they wanted rid of you as soon as possible. What I fail to understand was when you had completed your first course, the staff whipped your plate away, but left you with the knife and fork that you had used to use again! Also when requesting a drink without ice, you would be given a bottle with a straw in that did not reach the bottom of the bottle, why not a glass for heavens sake.

Decor was shabby, and indeed there was a dirty great hole in the roof of the bar area. Furnishings were shabby in the public area. Only one computer was working in the internet room.

Lack of motivation or interest on behalf of the staff.

Packs of wild dogs roamed freely, the pool area was clean, and towels offered. The lunch would be taken in the poolside restaurant, whose rules were no beachwear, but guess what, this rule was not enforced, and people would be wondering in and out in their swimwear.

I fail to find one good thing to say about this hotel, other than if you paid me to go there, I would not accept it. The entertainment was a complete embarrassment other than the Barong National Dance on the Saturday evening. We had booked to go to a show and was asked by the hotel management if we could change it from the saturday to the friday in order that we could attend their own Barong show as there were only 6 people booked in.

Lunchtimes, was quite bizarre when coachloads of tourists would turn up, walk straight through the lounge are to the chinese restaurant at the hotel, with no regard or respect for the paying guests.

If you are considering this hotel - DON'T - we were under the impression that we could use the facilities of the sister hotel Grand Bali next door, but when enquiring was told no other than the gym of pool.

This is a fair representation of the hotel and is not written out of malice but of truth.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Bali Mirage? Share your experiences!