“Good value beach-front hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club Bali Mirage

You added Club Bali Mirage to your Saves list
Club Bali Mirage
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jalan Pratama 72, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Makati, Philippines
“Good value beach-front hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably-priced beach front hotel in the Tanjung Benoa-Nusa Dua area, and from around US$50 a night, this fit the bill. The place is showing its age, and you get a distinct 80s vibe. Check-in was prompt, and I appreciated the desk staff being friendly and helpful, going out of their way to assist in getting a cab, airport shuttle, and even printing my boarding passes for free. Compared to the mega-hotels in the area, the Mirage's size is not overwhelming. It's a bit far from the Kuta area nightlife, which is good when all you want to do is relax. They have a reasonably-sized pool where you can lounge in. The beach is actually not inviting to swim, in with lots of flotsam and jetsam, especially during low tide, when the water recedes quite far out.

The standard room has adequate space, and also has a balcony. Yes, the TV is also old. The buffet breakfast is OK, just not a lot of choices, especially if you are looking for more Asian/Indonesian fare. You can also play mahjong, chess & checkers in the lobby lounge. The only thing I didn't like was that the wifi wasn't free. However, they do have a small computer room, where you can use their PCs to access your e-mail for free.

The place seems to be popular with retirees and families, most of whom are here on an all-inclusive stay. If you want to stay in the area, but find the big Nusa Dua hotels too expensive, too massive or impersonal, this would be a good option.

Room Tip: Take a room that faces the inside courtyard, and get one on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Return guests to this hotel and will continue to holiday here.
22 years of visiting Bali has given us the opportunity to stay in various places around the island and whilst there are many more upmarket places to stay we find the location of club bali ideal for a truly enjoyable experience. All inclusive to us means that a choice of food and beverage is available and should we not really like the look of the menu then we can eat out at one of the many restaurants situated within walking distance or in the chopsticks chinese which is excellent food.
What makes this hotel are the staff what a fantastic attitude they have and wonderful personalities. Yes the hotel is now looking a little tired and needs a facelift which I believe is to happen shortly but the rooms are clean the beds comfy the pool area very good and situated on a beautiful beach -------for the price I don't think you will get much more anywhere.
To be fair I can't give an excellent rating simply because of the "sprucing up " that needs doing
but in all other aspects it more than hits the mark.
To meet people from around the world from all walks of life and to have a really relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable time just book and meet Wayan Wenni and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for pool or garden view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

we stayed at Club Bali Mirage and i would have to say , along with my family and Children that we had the best time , would definatly go back again , the Service the staff and having the all inclusive was a bonus , great value for money

Room Tip: 2nd floor with pool and ocean views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Out of town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my 9th visit to this resort and once again I had a great time,I was there from 17thOct to the 31st,as usual the staff were 1st class ,the quisine excellent,the room spotless,the people I
met super ,dynamite sense of humour,did,nt give them much choice,He!He!He! They thought I was crazy,Ha!Ha!Ha!
Looking forward to next time.
Ken

Room Tip: Not a chance,I might have trouble getting it myself,Ha!Ha!Ha!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Myself and husband stayed here from the 17th oct-30th oct for a 2nd time. Love being all inclusive as we were never short off having a good drink a fab time with lots of people we met and got on with so well. Missing my coffee pops, big time!!! We've never had a bad experience. I left my phone, iPad and jewellery out all the time. Nothing was ever touched. The Rooms are a little bit tired and do need a fresh coat paint etc, but for the price I do think this hotel is so worth it. The staff are brill. Every 1 no,s your name, and can't do enough for you. Some people are so rude and don't have manners towards the staff and I don't think there's any need for it, they work very hard to keep us happy and to make sure we have a good holiday. I even got free wifi vouchers for being a repeat guest so I can't thank them enough for this as I skyped my son a few times. So sad to have left, but we will be back. Thank you to every1 at the club bali mirage for a 2 nd lovely fab holiday.

Room Tip: We asked for a double pool view room, we got it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. I took the twin room which looked really old and tired. The room was clean, but I could not deny that the room was out-dated. TV was the old TV, not even the flat LCD. The leather pad on the balcony chair was very worn out and uncomfortable to sit down.
The pool was OK, but the center is quite deep and not for children. This hotel really needs upgrading work as many people commented in this forum.
The location is good, pretty central in Benoa area. Apparently, this is the budget resort. I dined out and did not try the restaurants as it does not look great.
This hotel is OK if you have the budget constrain (same reason for me to chose this hotel), but still wants the good location in Benoa. If you have better budget, you should stay at others. Next time, I will try other hotels.

Room Tip: Double room may be the better selection.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
chehire england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

great hotel good food and theme nights pool area good fun.BAD point had gold watch stolen from room.lots of other guests had items taken.reception gave no help I wonder why.Beach hut on beach good value, boat trips good recommend trip to turtle farm trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Bali Mirage? Share your experiences!