“Lovely family hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Bali Mirage

You added Club Bali Mirage to your Saves list
Club Bali Mirage
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jalan Pratama 72, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Pretoria, South Africa
“Lovely family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Very friendly family hotel! Staff could not be more accommodating. Many hotels do not allow children to stay in the same room as you but Club Bali Mirage allows 2 children in the same room. We had an extra bed that they did not charge for as the kids were under 12. We did not take the all inclusive option as we like to eat out at different restaurants, but the buffet breakfast is lovely with plenty of choice for everyone, whatever your tastes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews but after going here we loved it. The beach was great, the staff lovely and very helpful. Def recomm it -we had a 18 month old and they were very accomadating. The only thing that was negative was some of the people that were staying at the resort that came back in the early morning hours making lots of noise - but you cant stop that... We complained and they moved us in the middle of the night which was great.
Def go back - breakfast was great - overall a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

fantastic hotel, great friendly staff who always did their best to help every way possible. We did one trip whilst we was there to the elephant ride etc. which was booked through the hotel brill!! All inclusive was amazing food was out of this world fresh milkshakes every morning and the ice creams were great! I made sure I tipped however they were not allowed to accept as it was the hotel policy not to accept and any member found accepting was sacked!!! I managed to tip the pool bar man and he was more than thankfull, the amount i gave him was only about $5 but it was more than his weeks wage.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

When we stayed here we had a great time, yes the hotel is old but it is very clean and the staff are the best. Nothing is any trouble and they make you feel so special. The food is very fresh and cooked in front of you, if you don't like something you can ask them to cook something else. Triki dicki and made dodek are two of the nicest people I ever met. THere is so much to do in Bali, i hope to return next year

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

It was annoying that we could not get any help with our luggage, more annoying that they could not find our reservation and insulting when they told me they charge $25 US for daily use of the internet. This is a 3 star hotel with 2 star services. The night duty manager told me he receives many complaints about the service and internet prices but top management does not change anything. I learned the next day why they did not have my reservation. Their internet service was not working.

Room Tip: The hotel management does not care about their guests. Stay away!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I travelled here for 10 nights after a 3 night stopover in KL. Our first time so far East, we live in Spain so this was a long-haul trip. We loved KL and in particular Traders Hotel.
Bali was lovely but we wished we'd spent a bit more on a decent hotel as it had definitely seen better days. Most of our visit the pool pump was dangerously running by the side of the pool with many cords to trip over.
The lighting in the room was shocking and I saw a couple of ladies trying to pluck their chins in the lobby as the light was so bad.
Food was so so but got boring quickly.
The bathroom was really horrible and to be honest quite dirty. Toothpaste splats on the wall which wiped off easily - but I don't wish to have to clean the previous occupants marks off the walls during my stay. We did move rooms once but the second room was equally grimy.
We had a couple of nice trips on bikes which were available from the sister hotel next door and found a fab beach 30 minutes away. We wish we'd been staying in this area.
We enjoyed 2 diving full day trips with Aquamarine diving, which were great.
Would we return to Bali? Probably. Would we stay at the Club Bali Mirage? I'm afraid not.

• Stayed October 2010
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews of this hotel, but I have learnt from experience to try and see it with fresh eyes. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the hotel looked, I was expecting peeling paint, dirty grout in the tiles etc, but this was not the case. The beds sheets were changed everyday as were the towels. The room is sprayed with insecticide every evening, and they leave a flower petal so you know they have been. The staff were so friendly with the exception of one grumpy bar man, but a smile and thank you goes a long way.

We were all-inclusive and the food was fabulous, it was not your normal hotpotch of dishes, but was themed so that you could make a meal of it so to speak. My only criticism is that there was not much for my fussy 5 years old. No kiddy food except for fish goujons that were served one lunchtime. Surprisingly there were no chips to be found on the buffet, a nice change for the grown ups, but not so great for the fussy kids. You could order chips, burgers, sandwiches from the a la cart menu, but only between buffet hours. Saying that, I did see some non all-inclusive guests eating toasted sandwiches at buffet time, so maybe it's who you ask! Anyway, my son survived on bread and didn't seem to be any worse for it!

Because it is a small hotel you get to know most of the other guests, we met some great people; honeymooners, single travellers, couples with older children and families with younger children like ourselves. The kids formed a posse and had a fab time. It was our wedding anniversary while we were there and one of the families had our kids so that we could have a quiet meal in the Chopsticks restaurant, (thanks Janine and Andy!) lovely food but a little on the stingy side. They brought out a cake for us, franginpani garlands and hats for us to wear, it was a really nice touch. I will upload a photo if I can.

The beaches are nothing to write home about, the tide goes out in the afternoon were you can see all the litter etc. The non motorised sports, kayaks etc are free to all-inclusive guests and we took full advantage of them. We also were taken out on a small catamaran by the activities manager, we couldn't remember his name so he was happy for us to call him Paul, so please say hi from Liz and Martin if you see him. Paul was a great guy, even got my husband to play waterpolo, not an easy task I tell you!

There were a couple of traditional dance shows during our stay that the kids loved (age 5 and 10) but there wasn't any typical European kids stuff, they didn't mind as they had their mates to play with in the games room or made up their own games.

Don't bother bringing towels for the pool, they are provided and we always got a sun lounger, even at midday.

We had a great day out at Waterbom park, it was so clean and I was surprised at how reasonable the food and drinks were, considering that you are not allowed to bring your own.

All in all, we had a great holiday and would definitely return to the Club Bali Mirage, now I just have to start my diet!!

Room Tip: I had a Balinese massage across from the hotel, they did the WHOLE of my front top half! Lots of bar...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Bali Mirage? Share your experiences!